Getting to white bay

prong

Just wondering if taxi from town hall station is my best option. Im comming from campbelltown area nsw and there is 4 of us.

Taxi is probably the best way if you don't want to muck around with hire cars etc.And I would also get off at Central and catch the taxi from there.

We traveled to White Bay from Campbelltown also 2 weeks ago now and we booked a taxi from central, we had a station wagon for 3 people, and was just enough space (3 large suitcases, 3 pack backs and 2 carry on bags....we may have over packed) so I do agree a maxi taxi might be suitable for 4 if adults

We got the bus from outside the QVB. A quick 8 minute bus ride. Driver pointed out our stop. We got off, wheeled our bags to the ship. Took maybe 20 -25 minutes from the bus stop, including a stop for a drink along the walk. The path was flat. Crossed only 1 road on foot. Easy.

Just in case anyone is wondering/future reference, I received this email (but not from p&o themselves)

Hi ------,

P&O have announced they will be offering transfers from Central Station to the new White Bay Cruise Terminal. The transfers will run every half an hour from Central Station, starting from midday and will cost $15 per person one way.

To add a transfer to a booking made with us, please contact us with your reference number. These transfers can also be booked onboard for when you disembark your cruise.

Regards

-------

• 3 weeks later...

P&O have announced they will be offering transfers from Central Station to the new White Bay Cruise Terminal. The transfers will run every half an hour from Central Station, starting from midday and will cost $15 per person one way.

-------

It is going to be cheaper, if there are 2 traveling together, to take a taxi costing about $25. And you don't have to wait around for the 1/2 hour bus.;)

• 2 weeks later...
The cost of taxi yesterday from White Bay Terminal to the domestic airport was $60.

The cost of the P&O organized bus from White Bay yesterday to the domestic airport was $22 per person. Very reasonable.

I think it was $12 per person to Central Station.

Edited by Greensteam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any more recent experiences of getting to White Bay now that P&O run a shuttle bus and Captain Cook Cruises run a ferry.

We've got a cruise next month and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to White Bay. At the moment the Captain Cook idea quite literally floats my boat.

A taxi from Town Hall is probably the next favoured option.

I'd be interested to hear of other's experiences. Thanks.

Tracey.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any more recent experiences of getting to White Bay now that P&O run a shuttle bus and Captain Cook Cruises run a ferry.

We've got a cruise next month and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to White Bay. At the moment the Captain Cook idea quite literally floats my boat.

Tracey.

We used the White Bay ferry back in January. I would happily use it again. It is basically immediately outside of the train station at the circular quay end (although we just parked our car under the Opera House), and it lands pretty much at the back of the ship at the White Bay end. You do need to walk around a car park to get to check-in, my guess is that is about a 500m walk, and it is on paved paths.

• 3 weeks later...
Just in case anyone is wondering/future reference, I received this email (but not from p&o themselves)

Hi ------,

To add a transfer to a booking made with us, please contact us with your reference number. These transfers can also be booked onboard for when you disembark your cruise.

Regards

-------

But $15 a head for four is $60, taxi is unlikely to exceed $45 at the absolute worst.

Tracey.

The ferry is nice, but for four a taxi will probably be less $$$$.