Molecular Bar Question

tbmrt

Hi. They are all individual, however if you have an Acocado Mezcal (pictured) I would recommend 1 between 2 as it's huge and very filling (it's like a meal!). We couldn't finish ours. What they won't do is half cocktails for anyone. We were on Silhouette last week and someone with classic package asked for this and they were refused. Enjoy!ImageUploadedByForums1409316782.135969.jpg.85d711f9c3a5370416a9bad7d0f95db6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. They are all individual, however if you have an Acocado Mezcal (pictured) I would recommend 1 between 2 as it's huge and very filling (it's like a meal!). We couldn't finish ours. What they won't do is half cocktails for anyone. We were on Silhouette last week and someone with classic package asked for this and they were refused. Enjoy![ATTACH]323630[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry but that drink does not look appetizing to me at all. JMHO!;)

Hi. They are all individual, however if you have an Acocado Mezcal (pictured) I would recommend 1 between 2 as it's huge and very filling (it's like a meal!). We couldn't finish ours. What they won't do is half cocktails for anyone. We were on Silhouette last week and someone with classic package asked for this and they were refused. Enjoy![ATTACH]323630[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry but that drink does not look appetizing to me at all. JMHO!;)

I personally worked my way through the entire menu:D at the Molecular Bar on the Reflection last season, and this was not one I would order again....I also did not care for the one that the bartender put the Scorpion in (it was the end of the tequila bottle so I 'lucked' out with this garnish...), probably due to, well, THE SCORPION!!! I loved the Mr. B's, the Tanned Russian, Lucky Cat and Watermelon Felon, as well as the 20 Yr Martini and Coming up Roses. Can't wait to revisit these concoctions in January!!!

edit: the bartender removed the scorpion from my drink and SWALLOWED IT!!!!!!!!

Edited by akowilm

Been on several Celeb cruises but haven't been to that bar -- please explain to me what the Molecular Bar is all about & why the drinks have the frost/steam on it....I just don't understand what it's all about. (I usually stick to the icy Martini Bar.)

It's a different kind of bar that makes unique drinks from fresh ingredients & alcohol using freshly squeezed juices & crushed fruits blended with all different types of alcohol and finished of with either an airy fruity foam or liquid nitrogen to create the smoking drink effect...

It's a lot of fun and all the drinks are made from scratch to order so you get to see how there made!

As mentioned a great molecular chef helps but luckily we have experienced great ones of all 3 celebrity cruises so far... Fingers crossed for Octobers pond crossing! 😋

Been on several Celeb cruises but haven't been to that bar -- please explain to me what the Molecular Bar is all about & why the drinks have the frost/steam on it....I just don't understand what it's all about. (I usually stick to the icy Martini Bar.)

It's also quite a nice place to have a catch up with friends as like yourselves a lot of people walk straight past not quite understanding it and therefor it's not the busiest please and also the music is quite mellow so you can have a conversation without having the shout!!

Saying that we do love the martini bar and we do need to visit both each day!! 🍸😎

It's a different kind of bar that makes unique drinks from fresh ingredients & alcohol using freshly squeezed juices & crushed fruits blended with all different types of alcohol and finished of with either an airy fruity foam or liquid nitrogen to create the smoking drink effect...

It's a lot of fun and all the drinks are made from scratch to order so you get to see how there made!

As mentioned a great molecular chef helps but luckily we have experienced great ones of all 3 celebrity cruises so far... Fingers crossed for Octobers pond crossing!

Good reply....:)......I would also add to it that there is really

a "set menu" of drinks offered and they are all the same price. They

do sometimes update the menu (some drinks may come off, others

might be added) but it is essentially specific drinks only. In other

words, you can't get a beer or a glass of wine.....or a "high ball".

I do know some passengers get upset with the bartender because

"they can't get a regular drink"....I have seen that attitude first

hand:eek:.....I ususally feel bad for the bartender. Cafe Al Bacio is

around the corner (they serve booze) and the Martini Bar is one

deck down.

And I will be on Reflection in November and will be in The Molecular

too:D

The molecular bar is on all the S class ships, correct? Maybe will have something to look forward to in December.....

Yes it is.. I think on the first 4 ships it's the same but it's a larger slightly different shaped bar on the reflection... Still the same drinks tho!

Also to note that if there's nothing on the menu that takes your fancy just ask if there are any other options they could make to suit your taste as along with the 10 or so drinks on the menu the molecular chefs will have others in there head that get tried out from time to time or even new ideas or past favourites!! 😋

The Molecular Bar is not included in the Classic package. All drinks in

there are more $ than what is offered on the Classic.

The Premium Package is needed for Molecular Bar beverages.