Molecular Bar Question

tbmrt

I appreciate the menus.

I didn't realize the drinks in the Molecular bar are now $15. I thought they were $15. Now they are no longer covered in full on my drink package. I'll have to pay $2 each drink out of pocket. Not the end of the world but another surprise.

Edited by bvocruise

I appreciate the menus.

I didn't realize the drinks in the Molecular bar are now $15. I thought they were $15. Now they are no longer covered in full on my drink package. I'll have to pay $2 each drink out of pocket. Not the end of the world but another surprise.

All drinks in the molecular bar are covered by the premium package! [emoji16] if it's still in operation enjoy & have fun!

I appreciate the menus.

The $15 price is inclusive of gratuities.

There was a note at the top of the page

Quote: NOTE: THE BAR MENU PRICES INCLUDE THE 15% TIP

SINCE THE CRUISE WAS OUT OF SOUTHAMPTON

All drinks in the molecular bar are covered by the premium package! [emoji16] if it's still in operation enjoy & have fun!

does anyone know when the molecular is being taken from reflection ?

absolute bl**dy travesty if my first ( and only unless a lottery win intervenes) boat trip on a suite doesnt have a molecular bar [emoji13]

does anyone know when the molecular is being taken from reflection ?
Probably around the first of June, so you'll be SOL. Just kidding....don't know. The one ship has transferred things over to the World Class Bar, but nothing definitive has been reported as to when the other S Class ships will be making the change. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy all 3 pages of the menu. When we were on the Silhouette in March of 2014, we only had two pages of drinks to enjoy, so I never got to sample a Kentucky Derby or an El Angel. The final night of our cruise Elena did make me an Indulgence right before they were closing, which was debuting the following week when Junior Merino was coming on board. It was so good I drank it quickly and enjoyed a second one.

I can only hope that the drinks at the World Class Bar are as innovative and delicious as some of the concoctions at the Molecular Bar.

Sorry .....American slang. Sh*t outa luck.

American slang ?? i thought all u guys speak is slang [emoji12]. one day we will get you to speak proper English and drive on the correct side of the road [emoji12]

Edited by gcgold

American slang ?? i thought all u guys speak is slang [emoji12]. one day we will get you to speak proper English and drive on the correct side of the road [emoji12]

Speaking the Queens English could be a hassle for us hooligans across the pond, but we already drive on the right side of the road, which is the right side since we have our steering wheels on the logical left side. ;)

Speaking the Queens English could be a hassle for us hooligans across the pond, but we already drive on the right side of the road, which is the right side since we have our steering wheels on the logical left side. ;)

no queens english here - she is mainly german [emoji13]

still dont get you driving on the wrong side though - the worst places for crazy driving is on your side [emoji12]

Just posted on the eclipse transatlantic roll call...

"The pricing at the World Class Bar is either $13/$15 for the drinks they make, or they are part of the Premium drink package"

"The pricing at the World Class Bar is either $13/$15 for the drinks they make, or they are part of the Premium drink package"

Just to be clear

I think the $13 is pre-gratuity and $15 is inclusive.

Whoops! I was wrong. :o

The gal I talked to says if you have the Premium package you have to pay the $2 difference for the $15 drinks, plus 18% tip on the $2. The $13 includes the tip.

Edited by chamima

Just to be clear

I think the $13 is pre-gratuity and $15 is inclusive.

That would make sense... And glad it looks like it's going to be covered as first thought! [emoji483][emoji41]

That would make sense... And glad it looks like it's going to be covered as first thought! [emoji483][emoji41]

I heard back again.

The gal I talked to says if you have the Premium package you have to pay the $2 difference for the $15 drinks, plus 18% tip on the $2. The $13 includes the tip.

I was wrong. :o

It seems there are two levels of drinks at the World Class $13 AND $15.

I heard back again.

I was wrong. :o

It seems there are two levels of drinks at the World Class $13 AND $15.

I'm sure I'll stump up the odd $2.36 from time to time [emoji483][emoji41]

Thanks for the update!

Looking forward to seeing the drink list from Worlds Most Expensive Cruise Cocktail Bar .I wont pay the extra $2.36 , just like I wont pay extra for wines previously included in the Premium Package that are now several dollars above it. ( for no good reason ).

It will still be crowded in the WMECB - Most accept every upcharge with a smile and shoulder shrug , just like occured with the wine by the glass downgrade for the Not So Premium Package . It was only the "Class Action " with regard to the Classic Package that got Celebrity thinking they need to offer appropriate value.

Looking forward to seeing the drink list from Worlds Most Expensive Cruise Cocktail Bar .I wont pay the extra $2.36 , just like I wont pay extra for wines previously included in the Premium Package that are now several dollars above it. ( for no good reason ).

It will still be crowded in the WMECB - Most accept every upcharge with a smile and shoulder shrug , just like occured with the wine by the glass downgrade for the Not So Premium Package . It was only the "Class Action " with regard to the Classic Package that got Celebrity thinking they need to offer appropriate value.

I will probably, sorry, I will pay the upcharge (if there is one) for the smoked Zacapa lol. My principles only last so long ie until I am on board lol. I'm weak:rolleyes: I am on a vacation and I don't want to go home and say "OMG I should have tried ..." Celebrity doesn't care or take notice if I deprive myself on principle lol If I didn't have the Pkg I would have to make different choices. I have also tried many, many great wines for $2+ for fabulous wines that I would never buy at home.

Edited by Christine Frances

I will probably, sorry, I will pay the upcharge (if there is one) for the smoked Zacapa lol. My principles only last so long ie until I am on board lol. I'm weak:rolleyes: I am on a vacation and I don't want to go home and say "OMG I should have tried ..." Celebrity doesn't care or take notice if I deprive myself on principle lol If I didn't have the Pkg I would have to make different choices. I have also tried many, many great wines for $2+ for fabulous wines that I would never buy at home.

That's exactly what Celebrity hopes you'll do. You're on vacation so who cares how much stuff costs....the sky's the limit :) You are a captive audience in a "modern luxury" resort.

The fact is many are "once a year cruisers" and they save for the big bash. Those are exactly the folks that Celebrity wants. Doesn't matter what it costs, love the specialty restaurants, love the suite life, love the special drinks...for my one cruise binge. some/many of us who cruise more often and cruise for the itinerary, the food, the no smoking and would rather cruise more than do a "splurge" vacation are not in Celebrity's cross hairs. Said another way, celebrity really doesn't want repeat customers, they want repeat bingers.

Celebrity would love to attract the 1%ers...but they're happy to attract the folks in the 99% who want to think they are living like the 1%ers on their vacation.

(I've intentionally exaggerated to make the point...I'm not focusing on Christine....but she triggered the thought:"i'm on vacation...price isn't important)

Edited by ghstudio

Sadly you would have to be adding a lot more tha $2 for "fabulous wines " on the wine by the glass list on Celebrity. -