Amount of air credit for Europe

ChappChapp

It varies by cruise you should ask your TA to get the current rate for your cruise

The cruise lines contract to buy bulk tickets so do not expect to get the price you see on the airline sites

You can go into the cruise booking system to find out as well. Oceania offers with air and without air cruise prices depending on the box you check- include air or not. Then compare the cruise price difference. Usually the difference is far lower than you would imagine.

We've always got anywhere from $800 to $1200---we live in Palm Springs. But lucky me we still us the mileage from when I was working. Didn't realize I traveled so much when I was working, it's 6 years now and we still have a lot of miles in the programs. I enjoy first class, but wouldn't want to pay out the cash.

Rick

We've always got anywhere from $800 to $1200---we live in Palm Springs. But lucky me we still us the mileage from when I was working. Didn't realize I traveled so much when I was working, it's 6 years now and we still have a lot of miles in the programs. I enjoy first class, but wouldn't want to pay out the cash.

Rick

Yes- it varies. (e.g., about $1000/person SF to LIS this summer 2015).

If you've got miles, use them now - the rules keep changing and I doubt they're going to get better.

Business tix on United to Europe this summer, if you can find them, are running about 300k per person. Less miles if you pay for coach and grab an upgrade (also few and far between at this late date. I've seen a few "saver" tix (less miles). But that was months ago and you had to do multiple "run to the gate" connections. Just not worth it.

Glad we both flew a lot when we were working!

Flatbush Flyer,

Your right.....United once you reach a high level they make keep you at that level for life which is my case...So the higher you are in the program the more Saver Seat's. Maybe it's luck, but I've never had to pay the 300,000 per seat-always get the Saver ones. Guess putting in all those flights while working is pay off now.

Rick

300k Points (not $) for RT business ticket.

Yes - I understood. That still is at Delta levels. AA RT business is 100K. UA is 57.5 OW/115K RT EVEN for partners for the rest of the year (a friend just got one SFO-FRA-SFO) with UA/LH going and AC back for June. I have 2 trips with UA miles (4 awards - 2 for SFO-ROM and 2 for ARN-SFO) for this year - all 4 awards for less than 300K :). While I have the miles, I would never spend that amount on a single RT (and never had to).

Edited by Paulchili

Yes - I understood. That still is at Delta levels. AA RT business is 100K. UA is 57.5 OW/115K RT EVEN for partners for the rest of the year (a friend just got one SFO-FRA-SFO) with UA/LH going and AC back for June. I have 2 trips with UA miles (4 awards - 2 for SFO-ROM and 2 for ARN-SFO) for this year - all 4 awards for less than 300K :). While I have the miles, I would never spend that amount on a single RT (and never had to).

When I was a 1k or premier exec for many years, perks were far better. Still hoping to hit the 1 million mark on United and, at least, enjoy the lifetime status.

But, for now, we'll whittle away at the miles bank (we only flew United or Star Alliance for work unless they didn't go there). So, all our eggs are in their basket. And we keep replenishing with United credit card purchases. Fortunately SF is a hub city.

When I was a 1k or premier exec for many years, perks were far better. Still hoping to hit the 1 million mark on United and, at least, enjoy the lifetime status.

But, for now, we'll whittle away at the miles bank (we only flew United or Star Alliance for work unless they didn't go there). So, all our eggs are in their basket. And we keep replenishing with United credit card purchases. Fortunately SF is a hub city.

I am sure you are aware of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card that gives you 2 points for any travel & food related purchase (and can be converted to UA miles). It gives you better return for "everyday" purchases than the United card which gives you 2 miles/$ for UA flights only.

I am sure you are aware of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card that gives you 2 points for any travel & food related purchase (and can be converted to UA miles). It gives you better return for "everyday" purchases than the United card which gives you 2 miles/$ for UA flights only.

Sapphire also transferred miles to BA First Class for 40,000 miles each way Phila-London. Bargain!

Edited by orchestrapal