carseat storage on Princess

QuilterGirl

DDIL has asked if there is someplace besides their room where a carseat can be stored while on a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire Princess. A carseat is needed because the shuttle from the LA area to San Pedro (and back) does not provide a carseat, so they wish to bring their own for just those drives. DGS will be 2.75 years old, a bit young for a booster and way young for a naked seatbelt. Anyhow, will stewards take the seat to a storage area upon request? Or is the family stuck with storing it in their cabin closet?

I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my car seat to be stored somewhere, you wouldn't know if it was dropped or exposed to extreme heat or cold. I'm pretty sure you have to store it in your room anyway but it really should never leave your possession.

I can see why you might think there would be no seatbelts in a "shuttle" to anchor a carseat. This is actually a van - we have booked "PrimeTime Shuttle" to drive a family group in a "private van" from LAX to the cruise port in San Pedro. So we must assume there will be seatbelts in the van!

But I agree, that if it were a bus of any size - what is usually meant by "shuttle" - that there would be no seatbelts available.

Your room steward can hold it for you...

Based on what? It's a shame when you post one line like it's more important to up your post count than to really share information. If you've ever had a steward on Princess store something bulky, it would be really helpful to know that. Otherwise, it is giving parents new to this board possibly inaccurate informtion.

OP - Obviously, space is at a premium on cruise ships. Your DDIL could give it a try with a tip on the first day to see if the steward will find a place for it, but the best thing is to plan to keep it in the cabin - I understand the concern about where will it go, but you can assure her that many of us have done this (often with more than one) with no problem.

Best,

Mia

I wouldn't let it out of my possession. You would have no idea if it was drop-kicked, and if it got misplaced, you'd be screwed at debarkation. It can be the "time out chair" in your cabin. :)

Another option for them if they want to spend the money is a Safe Rider vest. It works for children over 30 pounds.

http://safetrafficsystem.com/ver4/products/how-to-choose/

Archived