nubie with questions...

Ristretto

Hello everyone,

My wife, myself and two kids(16 and 11 Y/O) are going to be taking our first cruise at the end of November and I had a few questions. It's a 4 day cruise, we are leaving out of New Orleans with a one day stop in Cozumel on carnival cruise ship Elation.

My wife and daughter have celic disease and they can't eat anything with wheat in it. What's the best way to go about letting the staff know their diet restrictions?

I'm an coffee geek and have heard some ships have really good espresso. Where can I get the best shot of espresso on Elation?

This trip is also a 20 year anniversary celebration for my wife and I. WOO HOO! I want to do one nice dinner and wanted some suggestion on where to eat for that one special night. I looked online on the carnival website and they list a Steakhouse but I've read online in some forums that Elation didn't have a steakhouse. Which is it? If not the steakhouse what are some other options?

Thanks!

The best place to find this information is on your cruiseline's webpage.

Do you accommodate special diets onboard?

Special Diet Requirements - Food Allergies

Most simple diet requirements can be accommodated on board. We do not have Dieticians on board; therefore, we can only offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation (including no cross-contamination) of menu items. If you have a food allergy, please consult with our dining staff for assistance with meal options and food preparations. Arrangements for all special diet requirements need to be arranged with the guest's Head Waiter on the first night of the cruise.

There is no steakhouse on the Elation, you are correct. From Carnival's webpage:

Steakhouse -This Experience Is Available On:

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Splendor and the Carnival Valor.

Info about the Elation here:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-elation.aspx

For your anniversary, maybe you could book the Chef's Table, if it's still available?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=5&pgtype=dining

Hello everyone,

My wife, myself and two kids(16 and 11 Y/O) are going to be taking our first cruise at the end of November and I had a few questions. It's a 4 day cruise, we are leaving out of New Orleans with a one day stop in Cozumel on carnival cruise ship Elation.

My wife and daughter have celic disease and they can't eat anything with wheat in it. What's the best way to go about letting the staff know their diet restrictions?

I'm an coffee geek and have heard some ships have really good espresso. Where can I get the best shot of espresso on Elation?

This trip is also a 20 year anniversary celebration for my wife and I. WOO HOO! I want to do one nice dinner and wanted some suggestion on where to eat for that one special night. I looked online on the carnival website and they list a Steakhouse but I've read online in some forums that Elation didn't have a steakhouse. Which is it? If not the steakhouse what are some other options?

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would contact Carnival Cruise Line and have them note the diet restrictions on your reservation. When you board I would stop by the front desk to see who else needs to know.

You can get a lot of good information about Carnival on the Carnival Cruise Lines board and this link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Keith

Cruiselines are VERY good about those with Celiacs.....no worries! Their "special needs" dept. can handle your dietary concerns!

The Special Needs Dept at Carnival does not handle dietary concerns. Correct info for this already given in post #2. You have to speak with staff after you board:

Dietary Needs

Carnival Cruise Lines can provide our guests with the following special dietary needs: Vegetarian, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat, Low-Carbohydrates, Low-Sugar, Gluten Free, Indian Vegetarian, and Kosher. No advance notice is required; we kindly ask that you please inform our dining team so you can discuss your meal options. Additionally, we also request you advise our dining team of any food allergies you have.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

We'll head over to the dining area and discuss the diet restrictions once we board.

I've been reading lots of post on this board and I think it will really help us make the most out of our first cruise.

Welcome. This site can provide a wealth of cruise information. As a prior post stated, you may want to check out the carnival board on this site but also you may find great information about your port of departure on the North America Homeports board and info about your poet of call on the Ports of Call board. You could also e-meet others on your cruise on the.roll calls. Have a great cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Bring some prepackaged, commercially prepared foods with you JIC. Especially helpful when in port.

We have other allergies and have used translated Allergy Cards to be very useful when eating abroad. I made my own but there are compaines that specialize in this.

On the Carnival forum do a search for Celiac or Gluten Free. Tons of info over there.

Archived