Gastrobar on Equinox

mrmrscruiser

Haven't had drinks there but the food is expensive for what you get. The burger is good and the pizza is good but there weren't very many "takers" on the two Equinox cruises we were on since the venue opened. At times there were a lot of people watching sporting events and the bar seemed to always be full from about noon on. Not sure of the hours.

You should be able to find a menu around here somewhere.

We didn't eat there but would stop by for drink most nights. It was a lot quieter than some other places rarely more than 5-6 people but this was on a port intensive cruise.

During a popular sporting event I would imagine it would busy.

There is a extra charge for the food at the Gastropub.

I had the burger there. I asked for medium rare and the bartender said they only did well done, but he would ask the chef. It came out perfectly medium rare. Nice burger - 2 good sized patties with thick melted slices of 2 different cheeses on a brioche bun, dressed with caramelized onion relish and tomato marmalade. Also came with a generous portion of seasoned fries that were very good. To me it was easily worth the $12 charge.

This became our regular hangout at night when the Martini Bar was packed. Our group became hooked on the Blueberry Mules, so much in fact, they had to go find more blueberries from other parts of the ship for us :)

Beer selection is very good. We had an awesome Macallan tasting there as well. Overall the ambiance was very comfy, TVs were on but not loud and we loved it. One of the reasons we booked the Equinox two more times for Jan and March 2018.

This became our regular hangout at night when the Martini Bar was packed. Our group became hooked on the Blueberry Mules, so much in fact, they had to go find more blueberries from other parts of the ship for us :)

Beer selection is very good. We had an awesome Macallan tasting there as well. Overall the ambiance was very comfy, TVs were on but not loud and we loved it. One of the reasons we booked the Equinox two more times for Jan and March 2018.

This sounds like a great spot of us. Was there a charge for tasting?

There is always someone who just cannot bear the thought of other people living differently than themselves.

Huh? Your accusation is completely false and without merit. Consuming ground beef medium rare is a serious health risk (E Coli especially) unless the beef is freshly ground and sourced from a high quality farm. That is why the worker informed you they do not serve their burgers medium rare. If you were not aware of this, it might be prudent for you to research it a bit. While medium rare hamburgers are more juicy, beefy and tasty (assuming the meat is at least decent quality), it is wise to only opt for them at upscale venues where you can trust the beef is freshly ground and sourced from high quality farms. E Coli resides on the surface of steaks, so with a steak only the exterior needs to be cooked through to be safe for consumption. However with ground beef what was on the exterior is ground up and mixed into the center of the patty - therefore the interior has to be cooked through (or else if E Coli is present it is likely to survive medium rare and rare temperatures).

There is always someone who just cannot bear the thought of other people living differently than themselves.

I actually think they was a serious post - not a jab. I've seen other posters report that they had to sign a waiver to get a burger on a cruise ship not well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This sounds like a great spot of us. Was there a charge for tasting?

Yes, $25 and very well worth it. There is a list on the first day with the scheduled tastings. Just let them know which ones you want to sign up for and theyll bill your card when you show up.

Looking for some reviews of Gastrobar.........I understand it has a good slate of beers (+ cocktails).

What is the available food ??.......and is it fee free ?

How about hours, etc.........thanks

I absolutely love the GastroBar.

The menu items are an additional cost, but worth every cent!

They have a food and beer paring 2X each sailing that sells out! DO IT! Worth the $20.

Sailed in 2014 just after it was added, then again in 2015.

It became our go to bar, replaced the Sunset Bar.

IMHO, the burger is the best on any of the 7 lines we have sailed. Now we have not had the new lunch at the Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection, but friends said it is even better! Just another reason to go back on the Reflection.

The flat breads, (ie: not pizza ) is very good.

There is a Happy Hour that is only posted about on a read board stand as you enter. 50% off for a couple of hours. Made the $35 bomber of Rouge Double Chocolate Stout reasonable.

You had me at Blueberry Mules!! We are sailing in 3 weeks - can't wait. Thanks for the recommendation.