Final payment on final date?

JudithLynne

I would like make final payment on the last date possible. Will Princess take credit card info beforehand and hold it until my selected payment date? I would call Princess direct to ask but have found that about half the time I get incorrect information. I am trying to get this payment on the next credit card cycle.

Has anyone out there done this or waited until the last date?

Thanks for any information.

I would like make final payment on the last date possible. Will Princess take credit card info beforehand and hold it until my selected payment date? I would call Princess direct to ask but have found that about half the time I get incorrect information. I am trying to get this payment on the next credit card cycle.

I would most definitely not leave it till the last date for payment. If, for some reason, the payment is delayed, Princess will cancel your cruise with VERY BIG charges:eek:

When you make any payments, you can also schedule for final payment, but I wouldn't wait till last day in case something happens.

I usually pay by the day or 2 before final if not booked within final pmt time. I just always like to make sure things are done prior. Also, I just call and make the pmt.

I do it all the time if I want to play with the credit card cycle. That being said, I always have a travel agent to do it and she hasn't missed yet.

Why have you not turned your booking over to a TA?

1. I am in between TA’s and currently looking for a new one. It is a rarity that I book directly with the cruise line.

2. I wanted the ability to make an immediate change to the reservation. Initially, we could not get a mini-suite. When 6 came open on a Sunday morning, I jumped on it, called Princess, and was able to book it immediately. They all sold within 3 hrs.

Edited by JudithLynne

1. I am in between TA’s and currently looking for a new one. It is a rarity that I book directly with the cruise line.

2. I wanted the ability to make an immediate change to the reservation. Initially, we could not get a mini-suite. When 6 came open on a Sunday morning, I jumped on it, called Princess, and was able to book it immediately. They all sold within 3 hrs.

LOL. That's what happens when final payment comes due, even though it's not due yet. My Princess invoice says August 11th.

Edited by Pia1913

My TA's "final pymt date" is three or four days before Princess' final date. Just in case! In actuality my final pymt date is two or three months early, I want to get it paid for so then I can worry about getting other things paid for.

Edited by Treven

My TA's "final pymt date" is three or four days before Princess' final date. Just in case! In actuality my final pymt date is two or three months early, I want to get it paid for so then I can worry about getting other things paid for.
Never, ever leave final payment to the last day or even two days before final payment. The reason is the while Princess used to have a grace period of up to a week after final payment, they don't any longer and if you are even 12 hours late, your booking will be canceled automatically. No recourse. It's amazing how many little glitches can affect a credit card payment, from thunderstorms and blackouts to it being over the weekend or a transposed number on your credit card.

Even if you want to wait until the last minute, plan on paying at least five business days before the stated final payment because then you have time to correct any issue. The last thing you want is the nasty surprise of a canceled booking.

I have done it at least 6 times and never had a problem...I always book directly with Princess...however others are right that things can go wrong....so far I have been lucky....I would check with Princess to, just to get their recommendations....they seem to always know that my payment went right through and was accepted....

I have done it at least 6 times and never had a problem...I always book directly with Princess...however others are right that things can go wrong....so far I have been lucky....I would check with Princess to, just to get their recommendations....they seem to always know that my payment went right through and was accepted....

There is a much higher possibility for things to go wrong when there is a middleman versus dealing direct with Princess.

Never, ever leave final payment to the last day or even two days before final payment. The reason is the while Princess used to have a grace period of up to a week after final payment, they don't any longer and if you are even 12 hours late, your booking will be canceled automatically. No recourse. It's amazing how many little glitches can affect a credit card payment, from thunderstorms and blackouts to it being over the weekend or a transposed number on your credit card.

Even if you want to wait until the last minute, plan on paying at least five business days before the stated final payment because then you have time to correct any issue. The last thing you want is the nasty surprise of a canceled booking.

Agree! We pay approximately one week prior to the due date and if i need to cancel a cruise I do so at least two weeks prior to the penalty date.

There is a much higher possibility for things to go wrong when there is a middleman versus dealing direct with Princess.
Amen to that. We have a very good TA whose business is part of a larger organization. We once submitted our credit card payment to her early in the week of final payment and then, after a few days of no activity on our online banking statement, called again to see what went wrong. Apparently she promptly submitted the charge information but the parent company collected various inputs to make one larger transaction to Princess on the day of final payment :eek:. It still didn't show on our banking status for a couple of days after, during which we were fearful of having lost a much needed cruise vacation.

The stress was definitely not worth it, and our policy is now to submit final payment AT LEAST a week before the week of due date, and then to monitor the transaction on our online banking status.

Edited by Times Prince