25 Bonus Points (2 Threads Merged)

BosoxI

I believe Celebrity offered 25 bonus points for Aqua Class and above staterooms booked between late November and December 31, 2013. The usual 14 day lag in posting these points was in effect, I think. Has anyone actually had these points added to his account?

I believe Celebrity offered 25 bonus points for Aqua Class and above staterooms booked between late November and December 31, 2013. The usual 14 day lag in posting these points was in effect, I think. Has anyone actually had these points added to his account?

Yes.

I got my 25 points for booking C.C on Century, but there is no Aqua on Century.

There was talk at the time of different booking conditions in UK.

You might want to post this in the one of the existing threads about the new CC point system.

This has nothing to do with the bonus points people got who were close to a new level when the system was changed over. The poster is talking about a bonus for booking cabins between certain dates, totally different.

Yes.

I got my 25 points for booking C.C on Century, but there is no Aqua on Century.

There was talk at the time of different booking conditions in UK.

When did you take that cruise and do you recall how long it took Celebrity to post them to your account? I need to get mine added quickly as they will put me in a higher category for a two week cruise I'll soon be taking. Thanks

Edited by BosoxI

Completed a cruise in early March where the 25 bonus points were part of the deal. I called Captain's Club and according to them, points will be posted the end of March. Will wait and see. Not sure what is taking that long, regular points were posted within a week.

We too are awaiting these bonus points for an Aqua class booking. The points for the actual saling were posted quickly but it's been almost 6 weeks since we returned and still no bonus points. We were counting on those points to make Elite+ before our TA cruise in late April. I guess I'll wait a little longer before I start really bugging them about it.

As seems to be the norm lately promised update calls have not materialized. I miss the good old days of great customer service.

We too are awaiting these bonus points for an Aqua class booking. The points for the actual saling were posted quickly but it's been almost 6 weeks since we returned and still no bonus points. We were counting on those points to make Elite+ before our TA cruise in late April. I guess I'll wait a little longer before I start really bugging them about it.

As seems to be the norm lately promised update calls have not materialized. I miss the good old days of great customer service.

It appears we are all in the same boat. I was told the bonus points had to be entered manually and there were lots to be added. They'd better be working overtime, if that's the case. The promise made when I booked this cruise on board was that the points would be added in 14 days. That was a major selling point and, fortunately, I retained the paper that made that promise for what it's worth. Highlighted by the future cruise agent. I don't like the looks of this and I'll be really upset if I don't have the higher CC category when I board in April.

Bonus points for Feb 3rd cruise not posted. Problems was that they didn't code the promotion and there will be major delays in posting. Dueto earn things that will take me to. zenith on March 27th. Will be taking first cruise at that level on April 19th. Been assured that they will contact ship if points are not posted. Had 3 people at Celebrity verify points.

When did you take that cruise and do you recall how long it took Celebrity to post them to your account? I need to get mine added quickly as they will put me in a higher category for a two week cruise I'll soon be taking. Thanks

It's on the TA's invoice.

It's under 'Pre - Paid Gratuties/ Captains Club Points P.P'

The booking is for April 5th 2015 on Century.

It's on the TA's invoice.

It's under 'Pre - Paid Gratuties/ Captains Club Points P.P'

The booking is for April 5th 2015 on Century.

So you haven't yet gotten the 25 points. I completely misunderstood your initial post. This is shaping up to be another Celebrity farce. I can only say that in 28 years of cruising with Princess, I never had such problems.

Edited by BosoxI

Bonus points for Feb 3rd cruise not posted. Problems was that they didn't code the promotion and there will be major delays in posting. Dueto earn things that will take me to. zenith on March 27th. Will be taking first cruise at that level on April 19th. Been assured that they will contact ship if points are not posted. Had 3 people at Celebrity verify points.

We might be on that same cruise if it's a TA. What are the odds of their contacting the ship?:D

Those of us who have completed cruises already that qualified for the 25 Bonus Points have not received them as of yet and these are the ones Celebrity is saying will receive their Bonus Points "the end of March".

If my next cruise were in November or even June, I wouldn't be nervous, but mine is in less than a month. I would hope Celebrity would take the proximity of cruises into consideration when they enter them. I'm sure the likelihood of that is zip, nil, nada, niente, so I'll go back to being concerned. What time does the CC open on April 1?:p

The program was actually extended to all AC and above bookings before January 31, 2014, but it also does not show on my invoice.

Those of us who have completed cruises already that qualified for the 25 Bonus Points have not received them as of yet and these are the ones Celebrity is saying will receive their Bonus Points "the end of March".

That is why I'm surprised they gave one date (I don't know if this was just given to one person, or some kind of announcement) for all that have completed a cruise. I could see that if it was for cruises in jan or feb (or some kind of, "points will post by the end of the month following cruise" statement)

when all of us who have already taken cruises earning the 25 bonus points will have them added to our accounts. Right?

Oh, well, then how long do you intend to wait before picking up the phone and calling CC to complain? ;) As I recall, someone is leaving on a TA very soon and I, myself, will be on one in 18 days. This is all unnecessarily exciting.

If you have any luck please post. When I called last week they said I should call if I don't have them by the 4-8. They did not however specify a year.

Many a true word was spoken in jest.

I'm not buying that wait another week routine. I've already been waiting longer than promised. Manana never comes. Are you the person who leaves on a TA shortly?

I would suggest that if you have earned points that have not been posted that take you to a new level call Captains Club. It's what they have on record that counts not the total posted on their site. They will verify your points and contact the ship if your next cruise is within a short time. I just experienced this.

Edited by Orator

Knowing how long it can take X to do these sort of things recommend that you keep following up with them .:)

I would suggest that if you have earned points that have not been posted that take you to a new level call Captains Club. It's what they have on record that counts not the total posted on their site. They will verify your points and contact the ship if your next cruise is within a short time. I just experienced this.

You must have the magic touch, Orator. I assume these are what made you Zenith. The 25 points do take us to Elite Plus, but the CC agent I spoke to didn't realize that, claiming that I was one point shy. Then she went to her supervisor who said for me to wait until April 1 before calling again, if the points had not been posted. Sounds like the runaround but, of course, I will do that and I know points can be added because a CC rep did just that for me a while back. Why they wouldn't do that for me when I called this time, I do not know, as they admitted I was due them. Again, if my next cruise were months away, I would let nature take its course, but it isn't. It's in 19 days and I am getting a bit anxious I want to see the points on the scoreboard, as I have no confidence the ship will be so advised.

Edited by BosoxI

You must have the magic touch, Orator. I assume these are what made you Zenith. The 25 points do take us to Elite Plus, but the CC agent I spoke to didn't realize that, claiming that I was one point shy. Then she went to her supervisor who said for me to wait until April 1 before calling again, if the points had not been posted. Sounds like the runaround but, of course, I will do that and I know points can be added because a CC rep did just that for me a while back. Why they wouldn't do that for me when I called this time, I do not know, as they admitted I was due them. Again, if my next cruise were months away, I would let nature take its course, but it isn't. It's in 19 days and I am getting a bit anxious I want to see the points on the scoreboard, as I have no confidence the ship will be so advised.

Call again and ask to speak to a CC Concierge if the first person you speak with doesn't help. You earned the points when you walked off the ship. You became Elite plus at that point, not when points are posted. My Celebrity page still says Elite plus, but my documents now indicate the higher level. You are entitled to the Elite plus benefits on your next cruise. Enjoy them!