Platinum question

So thought of a question even though we have awhile before we run into this problem. When wife and I turn Platinum and the kids are not at Platinum yet how does that work for boarding and the perks? Does our whole cabin get to board when Platinum guests board or just wife and I?

Yes. One gift per platinum guest. But you will get chocolate covered strawberries, which you might be willing to share. We think the free wash and fold laundry is the best perk and I don't think they care if it is the card holder's clothes or someone else's. LOL

Yes. One gift per platinum guest. But you will get chocolate covered strawberries, which you might be willing to share. We think the free wash and fold laundry is the best perk and I don't think they care if it is the card holder's clothes or someone else's. LOL

Agree I feel that may be the best perk haha

So thought of a question even though we have awhile before we run into this problem. When wife and I turn Platinum and the kids are not at Platinum yet how does that work for boarding and the perks? Does our whole cabin get to board when Platinum guests board or just wife and I?

They will board with you regardless of whether they are in the same room. Our sons are under 21 (18 and 12) and are still gold in their own room. Because they cannot sail without me they checked in with me without issue.

As for the platinum party, after MUCH dispute on this board with all different opinions, I simply asked at guest services if DH could attend. I was told yes, so he did and it was no issue. There was plenty of room, food and drinks at the party. I can understand if they expect a large attendance to be told no as the invitation was to me. But the flip side it is rude to invite on spouse and exclude another to an event and was happy he was included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...
Does anyone know if platinum guests can board the tender boats to get back on the Ship ahead of the line or is it only when getting off the Ship?

When tender priority was first introduced we were pulled out of line to be first on. Very embarrassing as the line was only 20 pax long at the time.

We get to the tender line and find somewhere to sit and watch. Eventually there’ll be a lull. Has worked in Cabo, Catalina and Kona.

They will board with you regardless of whether they are in the same room. Our sons are under 21 (18 and 12) and are still gold in their own room. Because they cannot sail without me they checked in with me without issue.

As for the platinum party, after MUCH dispute on this board with all different opinions, I simply asked at guest services if DH could attend. I was told yes, so he did and it was no issue. There was plenty of room, food and drinks at the party. I can understand if they expect a large attendance to be told no as the invitation was to me. But the flip side it is rude to invite on spouse and exclude another to an event and was happy he was included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They only said yes so you wouldn't go pull your tips. :rolleyes:

They only said yes so you wouldn't go pull your tips. :rolleyes:

Actually no. She said thank you for asking and told me that asking wasn't necessary. They expected Platinum guests to bring a plus 1 with them!

And it is absurd to suggest that I would be so cheap and rude as to pull my tips if I didn't like the answer...

Actually no. She said thank you for asking and told me that asking wasn't necessary. They expected Platinum guests to bring a plus 1 with them!

And it is absurd to suggest that I would be so cheap and rude as to pull my tips if I didn't like the answer...

If they "expected" Platinum guests to bring someone with them then they would put +1 on the invitation. Since they don't, they don't expect Platinum guests to bring anyone who is not a Platinum member.

Platinum members can just not go to the party if they have a problem leaving a spouse or friend alone for 45 minutes. :rolleyes:

You can believe what you want and maybe you wouldn't pull your tips but others are just aching for an excuse to do so.