Airfare suggestions to St. Martin

tbmrt

Airfares are really expensive and schedules not good.

We aren't flying to St. Martin until 12/16, but wanted to ask if anyone had suggestions on best way to fly in for us. We live in Tampa.

Thanks.

Barbara

A quick search found one way fares being somewhere between $245 and $375 one way including all taxes/fees from Miami. The lower amount is for a connection, highest for non-stop. But Tampa might actually be cheaper. I have seen fares with AA of $208 to $365 for looking as far as the schedule allows right now. So I would not consider getting to Miami when it might be less expensive to fly from Tampa via Miami!

This airport has huge taxes/ fees. Really no "cheap" , option.

Are there huge arrival fees? That is very unusual. I see they have some relative large departure fees but not arrival.

Edited by frugaltravel

We aren't flying to St. Martin until 12/16, but wanted to ask if anyone had suggestions on best way to fly in for us.

Does this mean "cheapest way"? Or are you using some other meaning of "best" -- say the airline with the best inflight service, or best cabin configuration?

Personally, NetJets would work for me.

Does this mean "cheapest way"? Or are you using some other meaning of "best" -- say the airline with the best inflight service, or best cabin configuration?

Personally, NetJets would work for me.

I meant cheapest, but also suggestions on perhaps flying to St. Martin via other airports for better price.

Tx

First, you find out what airlines fly there. (google can be your friend on this). Second, start checking prices on those airlines. Third, decide if you are willing to reposition yourself (travel to Orlando or Miami for example) to take advantage (if any) on better/cheaper flights. There is really no voodoo magic on this.

I meant cheapest, but also suggestions on perhaps flying to St. Martin via other airports for better price.

Tx

Well, play around a bit on various airline sites because lots of airlines fly to St. Martin, albeit with connections. Delta, American, Spirit, Southwest (former Air Tran routes) etc. Just go to each site, plug in you dates and see what comes up as a price. There's no one airline that will always be cheapest, but with a little effort on your part you can easily see some options.

Edited by waterbug123

We aren't flying to St. Martin until 12/16, but wanted to ask if anyone had suggestions on best way to fly in for us.

On an airplane.

Sorry, couldn't resist. At least you aren't flying to/from SXM from the west coast. If you want to get there in a little over three hours, suggest you fly on AA's nonstop flight from MIA.

You can't search for next December yet, but just looking at Nov 2016, there are flights on DL from TPA that are around $179 one way that take about six hours. That price seems very reasonable to me. Not sure getting to Miami and paying for the nonstop would be worth it.

You can always check with Windstar to see what they would charge you, though this wouldn't be my choice.

Edited by 6rugrats

On an airplane.

Sorry, couldn't resist. At least you aren't flying to/from SXM from the west coast. If you want to get there in a little over three hours, suggest you fly on AA's nonstop flight from MIA.

You can't search for next December yet, but just looking at Nov 2016, there are flights on DL from TPA that are around $179 one way that take about six hours. That price seems very reasonable to me. Not sure getting to Miami and paying for the nonstop would be worth it.

You can always check with Windstar to see what they would charge you, though this wouldn't be my choice.

Thanks for this help! Will start looking at airfare when available!

Barbara