Balcony room question

latitude918

Hi there,

DW and I decided we're going to save up and go big on our next cruise, which for us means getting a balcony.

We like sitting out and grabbing some sun, but don't like fighting with the chair hogs for 2 chairs together on the deck.

Does the balcony come with a couple of chairs for us to both sit out there?

Do any of the bigger balcony rooms (extended aft, etc) come with loungers at all?

Thanks in advance for the info :)

We did a carnival cruise last month and the balcony had a small table and two chairs. While we're far from seasoned cruisers, having done only 5 cruises we've always had a balcony cabin and always had 2 chairs. Maybe you could ask your cabin steward to get another chair.

Have a nice time.

Hi there,

DW and I decided we're going to save up and go big on our next cruise, which for us means getting a balcony.

We like sitting out and grabbing some sun, but don't like fighting with the chair hogs for 2 chairs together on the deck.

Does the balcony come with a couple of chairs for us to both sit out there?

Do any of the bigger balcony rooms (extended aft, etc) come with loungers at all?

Thanks in advance for the info :)

LOVE me a Balcony stateroom! You will too!! (I hope)

We have always had 2 chairs on our balcony with a small table.

I have seen some pictures of larger balconies that have loungers.

I would check with your TA or the cruise line to see which ones are able

to have the loungers.

our balcony had a regular chair, a small table, and a chair with an adjustable back. but, the balcony isnt all that wide anyway. and its shaded almost the entire day. depending on what side you're on, and what direction you're traveling, you'll have sun only half the day

thats for regular balconies. i cant answer for aft balconies and how much sun or what kind of chairs they get.

For the side balconies we've had we had 1 regular chair, small table and a chair that you can recline back. Three different times I took naps out on the balcony. I just lay back in the lounger and put my feet into the chair. Always relaxing.

Also, once you have sunrise coffee or sunset drinks on the balcony, you will never go back to another room. We will not cruise if we can't get a balcony.

We have lots of balcony rooms but the best was the last family cruise, we got three extended balconies, opened the dividers, and found our son was the real lucky one he had a lounger, but the extended balcony is the way to go lots of room on it is double the width of the regular balcony, you can ask for lounger if you don't have one :rolleyes: or go get one late at night:D

If you are going to go "all out", if you get an aft wrap, we have had 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs on them. The first time we got one, we never even went to the pools, we just hung out on our balcony on sea days. Way more than enough room for 2 people!

ok ?, if yall dont mind being somewhat off OP........

i was looking at the aft balconies and i liked how much more roomier they were. But, what about the movement of the ship? ive only been mid ship, and i hear thats the best area to be at. but the aft balconies do spark my interest.

we're planning on a cove balcony next year, though. we fell in love with a friends cove we looked at on our last cruise.

We did a carnival cruise last month and the balcony had a small table and two chairs. While we're far from seasoned cruisers, having done only 5 cruises we've always had a balcony cabin and always had 2 chairs. Maybe you could ask your cabin steward to get another chair.

Have a nice time.

I was wondering about asking for an additional chair myself. There will be 5 of us in 2 cabins (side by side with the partition between balconies open) There will be a standard of 4 chairs with 2 tables. If we ask, will they provide an additional chair for us all to sit out there together?

Pretty much the standard for the side balconies we've had, 1 regular chair, small table and a chair that you can recline back. I do know that the aft balconies fill quicky so if your considering, you may need to jump on that. I haven't really read here where people say they felt more motion. Cove balconies are really nice if you like being close to the water. I stick to the standard balcony and like the previous poster, it puts us right to sleep so it works for us.

I was wondering about asking for an additional chair myself. There will be 5 of us in 2 cabins (side by side with the partition between balconies open) There will be a standard of 4 chairs with 2 tables. If we ask, will they provide an additional chair for us all to sit out there together?

Absolutely.

the size of the balcony was never my issue. what was/is my issue is where the railing hits when you're sitting down.....dead even with my eyes!! i'd like the chairs to be a bit higher! LOL i put all 3 of the big Carnival towels in my chair just to give an umph!

Edited by KLD1019