Enchantment or Majesty?

Considering a 3 day weekend cruise getaway sometime in 2015/2016.

We can either do Enchantment or Majesty.

The reasons for considering Majesty would be because she is the last in the Sovereign Class and we would try to sail on her last sailing, which appears to be Apr 29, 2016. (If this turned out to not be the last sailing, we would probably just push back the bookings).

However, with all this said, the Enchantment, with all her upgrades, is also an attractive option. We would be able to sail earlier (some time in late 2015) and airfare is usually a bit cheaper to Orlando, rather than Miami.

Which would you choose...the Majesty on her last sailing or the more updated Enchantment?

I was on the Majesty this past January, I have also been on the Enchantment this past year. The Enchantment, in my opinion is much nicer, but we also enjoyed the Majesty. If your wanting to sail on her last cruise with RCCL that's another story, nothing can replace that cruise.

Edited by tm3750

I was on the Majesty this past January, I have also been on the Enchantment this past year. The Enchantment, in my opinion is much nicer, but we also enjoyed the Majesty. If your wanting to sail on her last cruise with RCCL that's another story, nothing can replace that cruise.

That's the only reason we are even considering Majesty. I just don't know whether it would be worth it or not.

I would choose the Majesty, there is just something about that class of ship I like. None of the bells and whistles, but the crew is fantastic and you really experience the personal touches on smaller ship. Since she will be retired, I would not pass up that experience.

Majesty definitely. Enchantment to me was the "meh" ship. The changes post stretch didn't really do anything for me, and I just didn't find anything that special about her. I think Majesty is pretty special for what she is.

However, don't count on the last cruise for sale to be her last cruise. Many of her senior officers believe she will be in the fleet into 2017. So if that's the "only" reason, put a deposit on it to hold it, but perhaps hold Enchantment, too.

You can book them as a single for $100 deposit. You can add your spouse (or whoever) later and the price will not change (unless there is a special single supplement rate).

Majesty definitely. Enchantment to me was the "meh" ship. The changes post stretch didn't really do anything for me, and I just didn't find anything that special about her. I think Majesty is pretty special for what she is.

However, don't count on the last cruise for sale to be her last cruise. Many of her senior officers believe she will be in the fleet into 2017. So if that's the "only" reason, put a deposit on it to hold it, but perhaps hold Enchantment, too.

You can book them as a single for $100 deposit. You can add your spouse (or whoever) later and the price will not change (unless there is a special single supplement rate).

I know that it is not definitely the last sailing since it is the last for sale. I've seen a lot saying that she will be sailing into 2017, but I've also seen a lot saying that this might be her last sailing...who knows?! So I'm thinking maybe going for Enchantment in late 2015, and then see what's going on with Majesty.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I would pick the Enchantment

I'm with you.

I've done both. I live an hour from Port Miami. That being said, I would gladly drive two hours north for the Enchantment. I love the layout of the ship, dining room, etc. You can't go wrong on either ship but we enjoyed our experience of Enchantment more!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go team Enchantment!!! Majesty will stay for a while. Enchantment is a really great ship. She is beautiful. What is the price?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's been several years since I've cruised on either of those ships, but we do have 2 cruises under our belt on Enchantment (pre- and post-stretch) and Grandeur (same class.) I've also cruised on Majesty (years ago) and both of her sister ships. Every one of them were wonderful cruise experiences, and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. I would go with whichever ship was a better $$ deal--taking into consideration cost of cruise, air fare, etc. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed with whichever one you end up on. Happy cruising!

p.s. I'm a "small ship" person;):)

It's been several years since I've cruised on either of those ships, but we do have 2 cruises under our belt on Enchantment (pre- and post-stretch) and Grandeur (same class.) I've also cruised on Majesty (years ago) and both of her sister ships. Every one of them were wonderful cruise experiences, and I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. I would go with whichever ship was a better $$ deal--taking into consideration cost of cruise, air fare, etc. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed with whichever one you end up on. Happy cruising!

p.s. I'm a "small ship" person;):)

It's a very hard decision to say the least. We also love the small ships, there is just something about them that make them special. I think Enchantment will end up being a better deal because it seems that most of time airfare to Orlando is cheaper than Miami. But then again, we would have to find transportation from Orlando to PC.

I'm thinking Enchantment looks more appealing because her cabins and public spaces seem nicer and she is more like the cruise ships that we are used too.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Can you wait until Monday? We are leaving on the Enchantment tomorrow, were on the Majesty a couple of months ago. A fair number of poor reviews are posted recently on the Enchantment and we are going to find our soon if they are true.

Will let you know on Monday.

Can you wait until Monday? We are leaving on the Enchantment tomorrow, were on the Majesty a couple of months ago. A fair number of poor reviews are posted recently on the Enchantment and we are going to find our soon if they are true.

Will let you know on Monday.

That would be awesome!! We aren't going to book for a few months, I just want to have a decision made for when the time comes.