How do you book your meal times?

speakergirl24

I have checked and didn't see it anywhere.

It varies by cruise line.

1) What cruise line are you on?

2) How did you book (direct or through a travel agent)?

3) Are you looking to book any of the optional extra cost dining options?

I have checked and didn't see it anywhere.

when you are closer to the sail date, you can go into the cruise planner and make your choice.

we usually only book first night before boarding, and make our reservation for the erst of the week on a day by day bas.. you can actually do so a as late as mid afternoon in most cases.

when you are closer to the sail date, you can go into the cruise planner and make your choice.

we usually only book first night before boarding, and make our reservation for the erst of the week on a day by day bas.. you can actually do so a as late as mid afternoon in most cases.

How do you know this applies to the OP, as we don't know what cruise line the OP is on?

So let's guess at what we may know. OP is sailing from Australia to the Caledonia-area islands. A good many Australia based ships only offer fixed seating dining. So their agent should have requested early or late seating at the time of booking. (Unless this is one of those "easy saver" type bookings where dinner seating is not confirmed until embarkation day--but I have no idea if that is even offered in Australia).

But if this is a case of open-seating dinner: there are only a few ships other that the luxury lines that offer pre-booking of MDR reservations. (The mega-class ships of RCI and NCL come to mind, but I don't believe there are any of the latter based Down Under). And if the original question is actually about the upcharge specialty restaurants, there likely is the ability to pre-book...again, depending on the ship and line.

So I join in encouraging the OP to seek out the board specific to their cruise line. If you share it on this thread one of us will surely supply the link.