What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

My first solo cruises were transatlantics on the Jewel and the Brilliance, absolutely my favorite ships. I remember being apprehensive but they were just the right size, like Goldilocks, not too small and not too big. I met a lot of great people and I had a wonderful time on both. Too bad that they don't leave from Ft Lauderdale or Miami anymore.

Hoping for a transatlantic in the Fall this year, but finances dictate it won't be solo. Never mind - the point is to enjoy wonderful days cruising and enjoying the ocean.

I'm a retired teacher, 61. I've traveled independently all over the world since 1975. I took up cruising with an SO about seven years ago, but he died earlier this year. My first solo cruise will be to the Caribbean on Jan. 20. I like to travel alone, but I'm sure I will have mixed emotions on this trip.

I am still trying to take the plunge. I lost my wife last year and I love to cruise. Kids keep telling me I can do it but I think the first would be hard. Like learning to walk I guess. One day. I am looking at Epic Studio. Best of Luck.

I am still trying to take the plunge. I lost my wife last year and I love to cruise. Kids keep telling me I can do it but I think the first would be hard. Like learning to walk I guess. One day. I am looking at Epic Studio. Best of Luck.

I started cruising solo after I lost my husband three years ago. We loved cruising and the first one was sad and happy but it was the best thing I have ever done and now I love cruising solo also. Take the plunge and know that your late wife is with you and would want you to live your life to the fullest.

I started cruising solo after I lost my husband three years ago. We loved cruising and the first one was sad and happy but it was the best thing I have ever done and now I love cruising solo also. Take the plunge and know that your late wife is with you and would want you to live your life to the fullest.

Thanks, I sat here yesterday on this sight so long I took the plunge. I book a studio on Epic for next Jan. I will break the news to the kids when I go see them this weekend. I know they will be happy but sad. (They can't go) LOL. Hope you have many wonderful cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I was a solo traveler last year on the QM2, I am 43 years old, single, never married and 1st time cruiser as an adult ( no memories of the childhood cruise). I had a fantastic transatlantic crossing. I was seated at a larger table to meet people. I also went to my crossings Cruise Critic Roll Call and met some truly amazing people). There were so many things to do that I had no time for so I guess I will just have to voyage solo again to try all the other things out that I missed..... Sara

My name is Kim (46) and I am married and have a 16 year old son. I have cruised with my family, my son and also solo. I usually find whatever cruise my friends are going on and join in but I have my first truly solo cruise booked in April and I cannot wait. I usually look at the CC roll call before I book and have always gotten tablemates and tourmates that way. I am retired and my husband has decided he does not want to cruise anymore (bad experience on his last cruise) and I finally said ok. I have no problem going solo if something comes up and my son is not out of school.

My first solo cruises were transatlantics on the Jewel and the Brilliance, absolutely my favorite ships. I remember being apprehensive but they were just the right size, like Goldilocks, not too small and not too big. I met a lot of great people and I had a wonderful time on both. Too bad that they don't leave from Ft Lauderdale or Miami anymore.

Hoping for a transatlantic in the Fall this year, but finances dictate it won't be solo. Never mind - the point is to enjoy wonderful days cruising and enjoying the ocean.

A TA seems like it would be a test alone, but reckon better than that much sea time with someone one didn't get on with well

I usually book my cruises then look for a cabinmate, if I don't find one, then I'm OK with solo

So far, 15 cabinmates and only one less than really good experience

Mayha, you must have been a happy tax deduction, LOL

I'm a divorced professional who has traveled solo before but never on a cruise. I'm booked for my first solo cruise this August. Although not a lot of solo cruisers, it's good to see it becoming more popular. Hopefully, the awkward moments will be limited but when and if they arrive, I'll just smile and deal with it I suppose :).

Im about to do my very first solo vacay, well sort of. I have never travelled alone before and this will only be my second cruise so it should be interesting. The first cruise was a disaster because I wasnt alone! Im leaving for the epic in 5 days and cant wait!

I'm 29, single, never married with no children and just booked my first solo cruise in March. I haven't vacationed in a couple of years because of weddings (two years ago I had four in one summer!) and last year my sister had a baby, so I had a shower to throw. I also have a stressful job and my sanity was begging for a getaway!

I decided to go solo time this time because I got tired of waiting for everyone else to either have the time or the money to go. I have both, so why the hell not:p

I travel solo often, but will sometimes meet up with a group at my destination. Or I just travel solo and do my own thing. This will be the first cruise I am going solo where I am not meeting up with a group. But I am very much looking forward to it. I make friends super easy so figure I will have folks to chat with when I want to chat, and I will have downtime when I want downtime.

One thing I do hope is to connect with a few folks to walk around the ports with - that is the only thing I really don't want to do on my own. I know I can always do an excursion so will keep that in my back pocket. But some of the towns it would just be nice to have a couple new friends to go venturing with.

I am 51, single, female. I live in Atlanta, GA but I am not a southern bell :-) I am booked on RCL Med cruise Sept 21 - 28th. Cannot wait!

Hi there. I am a future solo cruiser at this point but very much looking forward to it. I'm almost 40 years old, from California, single, no kids and a police dispatcher. I have only cruised once (Bahamas in 2011) and have a Mediterranean planned for October. If my friends drop out on me on that one I will be going no matter what though, I don't want to give up on that one. Hope everyone is enjoying their day and happy cruising!!

Trixie :D

I love to cruise and have cruised solo once. I am a mid-fifties retired guy with time on my hands. My wife prefers not to accompany me.

To me there is nothing like going on a vacation where you unpack once, then the hotel moves to the next city. I love meeting and interacting with new people in a holiday atmosphere.

I would like to communicate with others that, due to their circumstances, cruise solo, but may consider sharing a cabin (or maybe just a ship)somewhere down the road.

I have a few minor physical disabilities(mostly distance walking) that cause me to prefer travelling with one or more others that I know.

Hello. I am also in my fifties and love cruising. My wife has a fear of being on the ocean so I cruise solo. I enjoy having a private cabin but it is costly so I am considering sharing. I have a Carnival cruise that l can take in 2014 but have not yet finalized when or where. Respond to this post if you are interested.

I cruise solo. Married, mid-fifties, retired. My spouse usually doesnt want to go.

I dont want to share sleeping space. But would love a travel buddy.

I am very open to tour buddies...and traveling with others...but not necessarily sharing a cabin.

And if you are a slow walker or want to take pictures...I am cool with that!

I am great about finding deals.

Edited by Luv2travel4FunNSun

I will be almost-solo on the Allure next week. My soon-to-be-ex-husband and I booked it 14 months ago and neither of us will give it up. So I will be solo for my waking hours and have a silent roommate at night. I would rather be truly solo, but being free to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it will be good practice. As large as the ship is, I will be surprised if I see him other than in the cabin. Not an ideal situation but better than missing a cruise :D