Sailing out of Baltimore in January

Treacher1

Just booked a cruise out of Baltimore on Grandeur for January. If there is a snowstorm while you are sailing - do they clear lot before you disembark? Are cars totally snowed in - just wondered if anyone had this problem when sailing out of Baltimore in the winter. Or is it better to try to find a hotel with an enclosed parking garage? Any suggestions for hotels that provide free parking with garage and shuttle to pier? Thanks for any information you can provide.

If it snow, the lot may be cleared but your car will be covered with snow. We parked there one time and a hurricane hit the Baltimore Harbor. We thought our car would be covered with seaweed when we returned but it was fine. No problem. I don't think that Baltimore really gets giant snow storms, being south a bit and on the ocean. Someone from the area can tell you better what to expect in January.

If it snow, the lot may be cleared but your car will be covered with snow. We parked there one time and a hurricane hit the Baltimore Harbor. We thought our car would be covered with seaweed when we returned but it was fine. No problem. I don't think that Baltimore really gets giant snow storms, being south a bit and on the ocean. Someone from the area can tell you better what to expect in January.

Baltimore is prone to get big snow storms. Had multiple ones in the last few years.

Just booked a cruise out of Baltimore on Grandeur for January. If there is a snowstorm while you are sailing - do they clear lot before you disembark? Are cars totally snowed in - just wondered if anyone had this problem when sailing out of Baltimore in the winter. Or is it better to try to find a hotel with an enclosed parking garage? Any suggestions for hotels that provide free parking with garage and shuttle to pier? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Just FYI, hotels with enclosed parking garages in downtown means lots of $$$$$.

We sailed out of Baltimore (I live 15 min from Baltimore) the day after one of our largest snow storms ever a few years ago. The lot was cleared and we were scheduled the following day to leave. Two days after we left Baltimore received another two feet of snow. I remember thinking oh no....our cars are going to be covered. Nope...they were all cleared. The vehicles and parking lot. I thought that was pretty darn cool!

Edited by slyster

First off it is anyone's guess if there will be a snowstorm when you are on the cruise.

As others have mentioned, you will have to deal with your car if there is a lot of snow.

So bring a shovel with you that you keep in your trunk.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

Any suggestions for hotels that provide free parking with garage and shuttle to pier? Thanks for any information you can provide.

After reading the posts, no one responded regarding hotels with free park & cruise. I couldn't find any on line, either.

Does anyone know of any hotels with Free Park & Cruise?

December through March, Baltimore can be snow prone. Dustings to several feet are possible!

just wanted to add that blizzards are rare here. They certainly don't happen every year; maybe every 4 or 5 years? The last one was 5 years ago and that was back to back blizzards.

The Hampton inn and Wingate by the airport has free parking for up to 14 days:

http://www.hamptoninnbwiairport.com/a-park-sleep-and-cruise-transportation-package/

http://www.wingatebwi.com/special-pkg/park-cruise.aspx

I'm not sure if they are free or if you purchase it as part of a package though.

Usually the parking is part of the room rate for the night you stay.

After reading the posts, no one responded regarding hotels with free park & cruise. I couldn't find any on line, either.

Does anyone know of any hotels with Free Park & Cruise?

There are many hotels especially out by BWI airport that offer park and cruise rates. Some are free and others include the parking as part of your room rate for the night. The only hotels with covered parking (garages) will be in downtown and will not be free, they would be very expensive.