Just got back from Carnival Magic cruise as our first cruise.

coolson_2000

Let me try to be a comforting voice to those that are cruising for the first time. There was nothing to it. The staff at both the terminal and on the ship have gone to great lengths to make sure nearly everything is dummy proof. The food was excellent, the service was A-plus and the entertainment was some of the best I've seen (land included). James was an excellent cruise director and made everyone feel at home. So if you are about to take the big step of cruising for the first time, just know that everyone onboard and at the terminal will go out of their way to help you. If we can do it, anyone can.

Cheerio

So glad you had a good time. We leave for our first cruise on Magic to and are so looking forward to it. We are kinda just ignoring the bad stuff cause a lot of it seems petty. We are just going to have fun and not sweat the small stuff.

Sweet!

Sounds like you had a great time.

The cabin does look a little on the cozy side, but fun. Did you have any issues with storage? What did you like best about the experience? What would you do differently?

Thanks again for sharing your photos!

Actually, believe it or not, the cabin had plenty of room for 2 people. I think the reason it may look so small is because the corner of the bed is about a foot away from the wall. However, the rest of the cabin had plenty of room to move about freely.

There was plenty of storage. I wish I could have taken pictures of the closet area when it was full. We had a utility shelf, a folded clothes shelf for her, a folded clothes shelf for him, a shoe shelf (full of her shoes of course), and two hanging closets. We still had room left over.

I think the best part about the trip was being able to move slowly. Unlike flights where everything is in such a rush, a cruise is just easy going. The shows were magnificent. Everyone went to the magic show which was good. But the best show by far was the juggler show.

We had a quite unique situation for this cruise as we got married on the Sunday of embarkation on the boat. By the time the ship set sail, we were only working on about 2-3 hours of sleep each in two days and were extremely exhausted. We went back to our cabin right after the lifeboat drill and passed out for about 5 hours. In doing so, however, we missed the initiation show, the first dining room meal, and lots of onboard activities. On our next cruise, we will definitely be doing all of these. That is the one and only thing that I regret about this particular cruise.

Yes, we are now hooked. In fact we've already started looking for future sailings. Can't wait for our next cruise.

It's obvious you've discovered cruising is the greatest! My question for you is when does the muster drill take place? Somewhere I thought I had read it was before actual sail time, but past cruises I've been on have the drill just after sailing but before getting too far out to sea. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Mallen,

One piece of advice that I can give to you is make sure that you keep in contact with your coordinator frequently. Our coordinator (out of Florida, not Galveston) was terrible. She changed many of our plans at the last minute. We were literally fixing issues with less than a week to go. Although the ceremony went off without a hitch, the week before preparations were extremely stressful and didn't have to be. If you find out that your coordinator is Paula R., ask for someone else.

Cruisin'Couple,

Muster on the Magic takes place before you leave the dock.

• 1 month later...

I look for reviews of the Magic every day...thanks for yours. It is so nice hearing good things rather than complaints. We're going with open minds and positive attitudes, ready and willing to have a wonderful cruise.

Congratulations on your marriage!

Archived