Changing Status

If you change crown and anchor status on ship do you receive the new benefits on that cruise or on your next cruise? Granted things like discounts would apply to new cruises but can you receive your next level pin, or other benefits? Just curious since I will be going up a level this cruise.

If you change crown and anchor status on ship do you receive the new benefits on that cruise or on your next cruise? Granted things like discounts would apply to new cruises but can you receive your next level pin, or other benefits? Just curious since I will be going up a level this cruise.

You would normally have to wait until the next cruise.

You get the benefits on your next cruise. If you're on a B2B the loyalty ambassador will take care of it so that you get your benefits on your second week, as the computer will not have caught up with your points.

Occasionally people have reported asking the loyalty ambassador or concierge to change their status immediately, but the answer, especially recently, has been no.

This is interesting to know for me as well, as I am in the same situation.

Thanks for the answers

offshorefriend

Thanks for answers! Just curious more than desperately wanting my pin :D I honestly never thought to make it to the next level since DH does not like to go on vacations (really a homebody) but I love to travel and I go with our son or I will go with friends when possible.

So my last cruise was my first being Platinum and I never received a pin! I did contact C&A after though and they mailed me one. On my cruise this coming March it will be my first as Emerald. Is the Loyalty person onboard suppose to know to give me a pin? Or do I need to go inform them it is my first cruise in new status?

So my last cruise was my first being Platinum and I never received a pin! I did contact C&A after though and they mailed me one. On my cruise this coming March it will be my first as Emerald. Is the Loyalty person onboard suppose to know to give me a pin? Or do I need to go inform them it is my first cruise in new status?

They should give you a pin automatically, but I would touch base with the LA anyhow. Sometimes it seems they don't get the correct status for all the guests.

I turned diamond on day 5 of my recent Freedom cruise. I have never received a platinum pin or an emerald pin. I did just receive an e-mail from RCI congratulating me on my new tier status.

I turned diamond on day 5 of my recent Freedom cruise. I have never received a platinum pin or an emerald pin. I did just receive an e-mail from RCI congratulating me on my new tier status.

If you actually want your previous pins, just call C&A and request them. They will mail them to you.

800-526-9723

If you actually want your previous pins, just call C&A and request them. They will mail them to you.

800-526-9723

Emerald never existed for us. Platinum straight to Diamond. Can I get an emerald pin. :what:

800-526-9723

Thanks for the info. I never really cared much whether or not I got the pins, but it's good to know that I can still get them if I change my mind.

RCCL as stated does not honor the tier change until the cruise is completed but on Carnival they honor the next tier level in the beginning of the cruise you achieve it on.

…"Pinnacle Club" is the exception and it is honored on the ship on day 700 or you can wait until the next cruise if you prefer.

Edited by beachnative