$398 stateroom upgrade

minz56

I will be doing my first AZ cruise next year and so am not an LCV member, but I am in Celebrity's Captain's Club program. Can I request the upgrade given that there is reciprocity between the two programs?

The T&C's of the upgrade don't make this clear.

I will be doing my first AZ cruise next year and so am not an LCV member, but I am in Celebrity's Captain's Club program. Can I request the upgrade given that there is reciprocity between the two programs?

Hi Minz,

I'm not entirely certain, but I would think you should be eligible for the upgrade, which is on a wait list basis. The first thing you should do, is to add your Captains Club numbers to your Azamara booking (they are currently the same #'s as Celebrity). This can be done by your travel agent, or Azamara if you've booked directly. At that point, I'd inquire about the upgrade.

BTW, here's a link to Azamara's reciprocal benefits with their sister brands : https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/member-benefits/reciprocal-benefits

Here's a link to the $398 upgrade offer, which can be submitted online : https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/offers/stateroom-upgrade

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi minz56,

Sorry for my tardiness in answering.

First if all, thank you for booking with us :)

To answer your question, yes you can request the $398 upgrade. Receiving the upgrade will depend on the number of requests submitted and availability. Guests who've sailed with Azamara in the past will receive priority over first-time to Azamara.

Bonnie

I was a little surprised at the part of your reply which said those who had sailed Azamara would be given priority for an upgrade. My understanding was that it would be based on loyalty level. I thought those who had been given equivalent loyalty status through sailings with Celebrity would be treated equally. Am I wrong?

I found this in the terms and conditions and it doesn't mention your point about previous Azamara sailings.

'Requests will be prioritized based on loyalty level (guest with highest status in a stateroom will be used for these purposes) and then based on time of request. Loyalty points will be given for the original stateroom a member purchases, not for the stateroom the member upgrades to.'

Bonnie

Thanks for your reply. I have requested the upgrade and am aware of the "pecking" order, so I will just wait and see. At the end of the day I am just happy to finally be able to cruise with Azamara :)

Bonnie

I was a little surprised at the part of your reply which said those who had sailed Azamara would be given priority for an upgrade. My understanding was that it would be based on loyalty level. I thought those who had been given equivalent loyalty status through sailings with Celebrity would be treated equally. Am I wrong?

I found this in the terms and conditions and it doesn't mention your point about previous Azamara sailings.

'Requests will be prioritized based on loyalty level (guest with highest status in a stateroom will be used for these purposes) and then based on time of request. Loyalty points will be given for the original stateroom a member purchases, not for the stateroom the member upgrades to.'

Hello TonyUK,

Yes, we do offer reciprocal benefits with our sister lines. But let me give you an example of when "loyalty to Azamara" trumps "loyalty to sisters": if there is only one cabin available for upgrading to, and there are two requests for the upgrade, and assuming both hold the same loyalty status, then the upgrade will go to the Azamara club member. Our priority will always be Le Club Voyage members who sail with Azamara, and continue to do so.

After your voyage with us in November, this will be a moot point!

Bonnie

Thanks for your clarification.

We are so looking forward to our November trip. We usually travel with our disabled daughter and Celebrity suits her and us! For the first time in many years we are able to leave her for longer than a week so this is a special trip for us. Almost a second honeymoon! Cant wait!

• 1 month later...

If I book an inside Guaranty and request the $398 upgrade, AND IF I receive the upgrade, will I get at least a regular outside?

I can live with an inside, but I don't want the odd "obstructed view" cabins, which many people say is less desirable than the insides.

If I book an inside Guaranty and request the $398 upgrade, AND IF I receive the upgrade, will I get at least a regular outside?

I can live with an inside, but I don't want the odd "obstructed view" cabins, which many people say is less desirable than the insides.

The LCV upgrade does not apply to GTY bookings.

Phil

I wasn't aware of this scheme before I read it on these boards.

I have made the application for our upcoming July cruise on Journey.

I realise this may be a stupid question which depends on booking numbers, but how successful are these applications in general.

We have sailed Azamara before and are Discover level.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes we were upgraded from Oceanview to Balcony, our friends did not apply and they got the same upgrade so saved them 398 dollars.:confused::confused:

Hi,

As a matter of interest,when is your cruise & when were you offered the upgrade ?

Hi,

As a matter of interest,when is your cruise & when were you offered the upgrade ?

Our cruise has passed but we found out about 2 weeks before we went, our friends were upgraded on the dock when we arrived at no cost to them.

Yes we were upgraded from Oceanview to Balcony, our friends did not apply and they got the same upgrade so saved them 398 dollars.:confused::confused:

Hi leesre,

There are times when we need to change stateroom assignments due to business needs, regardless of loyalty tier. Although this doesn't happen often, it is sometimes necessary. The LCV upgrade ensures our loyalty guests that apply for the upgrade, are prioritized first.