$398 stateroom upgrade

minz56

Interesting. I understood the LCV $398 stateroom upgrade program is only available to bookings outside of 120 days. Are you saying they accepted it within that period? From the terms and conditions:

Program is not valid for bookings made in guarantee categories (W, X, Y, Z), for bookings created within 120 days to departure, or bookings that change stateroom categories within 120 days to departure.

Phil

July 4 cruise was booked on May 13.

Did you take the offer?

Hopefully there will be at least one Club Continental Suite left by the time Azamara gets down the list to our request.

This will be our first Azamara cruise. We were a bit surprised to get a upsell call and interestingly it was at a lower cost than the GBP equivalent of $398. Ours was from an ocean view to a balcony (one week).

Like all things with cruise pricing its more of an art than a science.

This will be our first Azamara cruise. We were a bit surprised to get a upsell call and interestingly it was at a lower cost than the GBP equivalent of $398. Ours was from an ocean view to a balcony (one week).

Like all things with cruise pricing its more of an art than a science.

Same here, although I didn't get a call, I emailed Azamara and asked if there was any chance of an upsell. They got back to me pretty quick saying they had contacted my TA with a proposal. I then called my TA. Good job I did that as my TA had taken my telephone number wrong 😏. Was less than the GBP equivalent to $398 also. I booked on a promo so I'm happy.

When I spoke to Celebrity Captain's Club about the Elite benefits transferring over to Azamara she at first mentioned this, but then said, "Never mind, because they are only for people who booked at full price, and you booked on a promo."

Anyone ever get one of the $398 upgrades when booked on a promotional rate?

I would think most people have booked with some kind of promo originally as they usually have some kind of offer such as double upgrades or reduced flights, buy one get one half price etc.

Would be interested to hear from others who were offered the $398 upgrade which promo if any they had?

We booked under the double upgrade deal so I would be extremely pleased and surprised if we got offered a suite upgrade but I'm not holding my breath!

Same here, although I didn't get a call, I emailed Azamara and asked if there was any chance of an upsell. They got back to me pretty quick saying they had contacted my TA with a proposal. I then called my TA. Good job I did that as my TA had taken my telephone number wrong 😏. Was less than the GBP equivalent to $398 also. I booked on a promo so I'm happy.

Well done!

As a newly booked first time Azamara cruiser, I think this is a great system. Maybe they are out there, but I don't know of other cruise lines that have an organized system whereby you can sign up for a wait list to pay a set amount for a one category upgrade, should one be possible closer to sailing.

(Obviously I am aware of random upsells with Celebrity and HAL, but this seems more fair to me.)

As a newly booked first time Azamara cruiser, I think this is a great system. Maybe they are out there, but I don't know of other cruise lines that have an organized system whereby you can sign up for a wait list to pay a set amount for a one category upgrade, should one be possible closer to sailing.

(Obviously I am aware of random upsells with Celebrity and HAL, but this seems more fair to me.)

Thanks CatibbeanChris!

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Azamara Club Cruises.

This is our experience . We are previous Celebrity cruisers and had difficulty in having this recognised by Azamara and after numerous emails I was eventually given recognition.

Applied twice online for upgrade and got no confirmation letter .Contacted Le CLub Voyage and they told me to apply again . I then got a confirmation letter .

The above took over a week and as part of the qualification process is on a first come first served basis and those who have sailed with Azamara get preference .

We probably didn't stand a chance and after such a long delay we stand no chance .

My opinion is that the loyalty club might be reciprocal ,but it is not even handed .

I don't believe that previous Celebrity cruisers are equal in the system.

This is our experience . We are previous Celebrity cruisers and had difficulty in having this recognised by Azamara and after numerous emails I was eventually given recognition.

Applied twice online for upgrade and got no confirmation letter .Contacted Le CLub Voyage and they told me to apply again . I then got a confirmation letter .

The above took over a week and as part of the qualification process is on a first come first served basis and those who have sailed with Azamara get preference .

We probably didn't stand a chance and after such a long delay we stand no chance .

My opinion is that the loyalty club might be reciprocal ,but it is not even handed .

I don't believe that previous Celebrity cruisers are equal in the system.

The benefits are reciprocal, but the recognition isn't and I think thats the desired way of doing it to differentiate Azamara as a brand. You could have a gazillion Captain's Club points and never sailed on Azamara and the person with a few hundred points and half a dozen cruises on Azamara will outrank you. They work the award for the most cruised in the same way. I think it's fair.

Phil

The benefits are reciprocal, but the recognition isn't and I think thats the desired way of doing it to differentiate Azamara as a brand. You could have a gazillion Captain's Club points and never sailed on Azamara and the person with a few hundred points and half a dozen cruises on Azamara will outrank you. They work the award for the most cruised in the same way. I think it's fair.

Phil

Hi Phil ,

It depends from whose perspective you are viewing this . If you are having a reciprocal loyalty then it cannot show favour . Because then it is saying that an Azamara passenger is more valued than a previous Celebrity passenger .

I certainly don't believe that it is fair and I feel alienated and that is not good customer service .

Hi Phil ,

It depends from whose perspective you are viewing this . If you are having a reciprocal loyalty then it cannot show favour . Because then it is saying that an Azamara passenger is more valued than a previous Celebrity passenger .

I certainly don't believe that it is fair and I feel alienated and that is not good customer service .

Hi Kenshaz,

We of course recognize reciprocity across the sister brands. It's unfortunate that your Celebrity status took awhile to be recognized and I apologize for that.

Perhaps what Phil was trying to explain above was what I had posted on another thread back in March (attached below.)

Here's a snapshot:

"Yes, we do offer reciprocal benefits with our sister lines. But let me give you an example of when "loyalty to Azamara" trumps "loyalty to sisters": if there is only one cabin available for upgrading to, and there are two requests for the upgrade, and assuming both hold the same loyalty status, then the upgrade will go to the Azamara club member. Our priority will always be Le Club Voyage members who sail with Azamara, and continue to do so."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46119261&postcount=10

Hi Kenshaz,

We of course recognize reciprocity across the sister brands. It's unfortunate that your Celebrity status took awhile to be recognized and I apologize for that.

Perhaps what Phil was trying to explain above was what I had posted on another thread back in March (attached below.)

Here's a snapshot:

"Yes, we do offer reciprocal benefits with our sister lines. But let me give you an example of when "loyalty to Azamara" trumps "loyalty to sisters": if there is only one cabin available for upgrading to, and there are two requests for the upgrade, and assuming both hold the same loyalty status, then the upgrade will go to the Azamara club member. Our priority will always be Le Club Voyage members who sail with Azamara, and continue to do so."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46119261&postcount=10

No different than an airline credit card that gives you miles for dollars charged. When it comes to redeeming those miles, money miles are not the same as actual flying miles.

Best,

Bruce

Good response Bonnie . Yes I did have difficulty with my loyalty being recognised . Not being able to speak to some-one in the UK did not assist. It was actually quite frustrating .

I can see that it is dependent upon communication and just being able to discuss it with you is good.

I never expected to get an upgrade .I just wanted to be like every-one else and get a confirmation letter stating that I was on the wait-list.

I did eventually get an email .But as I said before ,small chance turned into no chance after that amount of time had elapsed .

Edited by kenshaz

Good response Bonnie . Yes I did have difficulty with my loyalty being recognised . Not being able to speak to some-one in the UK did not assist. It was actually quite frustrating .

I can see that it is dependent upon communication and just being able to discuss it with you is good.

I never expected to get an upgrade .I just wanted to be like every-one else and get a confirmation letter stating that I was on the wait-list.

I did eventually get an email .But as I said before ,small chance turned into no chance after that amount of time had elapsed .

Our Managing Director in the UK, Mr Richard Twynam, is very accessible. He regularly asks me to post his email in order to assist when needed. Next time you're having trouble reaching a live person, here's his email: rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

Upgrades are prioritized based on tier. Those in the highest tier have priority over those in the lower tiers. The tiers are as follows:

Discoverer Platinum (highest tier)

Discoverer Plus

Discoverer

Explorer

Adventurer

If two guests in the same tier apply for an upgrade, the guest who applied for the upgrade first will receive priority.

Please keep in mind that upgrades are based on availability. Assigning of upgrades will begin 2 - 4 weeks prior to departure.

Upgrades are prioritized based on tier. Those in the highest tier have priority over those in the lower tiers. The tiers are as follows:

Discoverer Plus

Discoverer

Explorer

Adventurer

If two guests in the same tier apply for an upgrade, the guest who applied for the upgrade first will receive priority.

Please keep in mind that upgrades are based on availability. Assigning of upgrades will begin 2 - 4 weeks prior to departure.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

bbqoug (Adventurer level)

Discoverer Plus

Discoverer

Explorer

Adventurer

Bonnie, I'd be interested to know if the number of cruises was taken into account as well. Scenario, guest one and guest two are both Discoverer Plus level. Guest one applied before guest two, but has five fewer Azamara cruises. Who gets the upgrade priority?

Phil

Bonnie, I'd be interested to know if the number of cruises was taken into account as well. Scenario, guest one and guest two are both Discoverer Plus level. Guest one applied before guest two, but has five fewer Azamara cruises. Who gets the upgrade priority?

Phil

Let me ask the LCV ambassador and get back to you tomorrow...

Phil

This is from Nicole:

"Firstly, Azamara trumps Celebrity.

Then, among two Azamara guests, we foremost look at loyalty tier, then time of request.

When having to pick between two guests who are both Discoverer Plus members, however 1 guest accrued most of their points via Celebrity, the guest who accrued most of their points with Azamara will received priority."