Price Drop After Final Payment?!

ckrobyn

My apologies if this has been answered.....

Can someone please explain to me how this works? If the price of the cabin drops after final payment, I thought the difference could be applied to the next category if you wished to upgrade. I called RCI yesterday and was told this is not the case. I'm confused :confused: What did I miss??

Edited by ckrobyn

Can someone please explain to me how this works? If the price of the cabin drops after final payment, I thought the difference could be applied to the next category if you wished to upgrade. I called RCI yesterday and was told this is not the case. I'm confused :confused: What did I miss??

there are no credits. Pick out a category above the one you are in as long as it costs the same or more. You'll pay the difference in price.

Last yr I was able to upgrade even though the price was less. Results may vary

Edited by SeaUs

They only look at what you paid vs the current price of your potential upgrade category. The price of your current category has effect on the ability to upgrade.

Edited by clarea

They only look at what you paid vs the current price of your potential upgrade category. The price of your current category has effect on the ability to upgrade.

Thanks Bob - I wonder why this couldn't have been explained to me yesterday on the phone with RCI :cool:

Thanks Bob - I wonder why this couldn't have been explained to me yesterday on the phone with RCI :cool:

I agree Robyn, it would be nice to get reliable, accurate info from the phone reps. I've had much better luck with the C&A reps.

Good point. I'll try that next time I have to call for anything :o

Can you guys in Canada use U.S. 800 numbers?

Just call C&A: 800-526-9723. They are pretty close to 100% accurate and helpful.

:)

I just had an extremely positive upgrade after final payment experience by calling C&A. I saw an L1 price on-line that was the least expensive suite listed other than Junior Suites. It took about 30 minutes total, and I had to have the agent look at what I was seeing on the reservation screen, but I ended up paying less for the upgrade than I thought I would, and I kept my OBC and Diamond Discount!:D

FWIW, I never call the regular reservations number. I always go directly to C&A, and they're very helpful, even when they can't give me the answer I want!:)

I just had an extremely positive upgrade after final payment experience by calling C&A. I saw an L1 price on-line that was the least expensive suite listed other than Junior Suites. It took about 30 minutes total, and I had to have the agent look at what I was seeing on the reservation screen, but I ended up paying less for the upgrade than I thought I would, and I kept my OBC and Diamond Discount!:D

FWIW, I never call the regular reservations number. I always go directly to C&A, and they're very helpful, even when they can't give me the answer I want!:)

That's great. I just tried to upgrade from in inside Cat K to an OV Cat I and was told I'd lose the $100 OBC. For a 5 day cruise it wasn't worth it. I may try again. If I used a TA will C&A talk to me? What is their number? I'm diamond if it matters.

Also, there are still lots of cabins left for the early Nov. B2B cruises. If a balcony were to be lower would they allow an upgrade or is it only to the next category?

That's great. I just tried to upgrade from in inside Cat K to an OV Cat I and was told I'd lose the $100 OBC. For a 5 day cruise it wasn't worth it. I may try again. If I used a TA will C&A talk to me? What is their number? I'm diamond if it matters.

Also, there are still lots of cabins left for the early Nov. B2B cruises. If a balcony were to be lower would they allow an upgrade or is it only to the next category?

C&A will not talk to you about upgrades if your booking is with a TA. You must have the TA contact Royal.

Hurrah! Congrats on the Loft Suite!

I noticed lower prices 2 weeks ago when I made our final payment. They said I would lose the $200 OBC. What is the c & a people are referring to?

Thanks

That STINKS that they threaten to take your On Board Credit away if you upgrade!

Did that answer come from C&A or from the regular reservation people? If the latter, ignore that answer and call C&A at 800-526-9723, as I posted above.

Now, if you booked with a TA, you are SOL for negotiating for yourself. Your TA will have to do it. And if you are taking your first cruise, then you don't belong to C&A yet, so I don't know if they will help you.

Hurrah! Congrats on the Loft Suite!

Thanks! I'm really excited...this will be our first time on one of the big ships, and I thought the unique cabin would be just perfect. I'm attempting to keep quiet about this until we're on the ship, but I'm not known for my ability to keep a secret when I'm excited, so we'll see how I do.:o So far I've made it 20 hours!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the answers to the first part of my question. How about the second part? Are upgrades only up to the next highest category or can they go to higher categories?

Thanks for the answers to the first part of my question. How about the second part? Are upgrades only up to the next highest category or can they go to higher categories?

They can go to a higher category as long as you are willing to pay any differences.

Thanks! I'm really excited...this will be our first time on one of the big ships, and I thought the unique cabin would be just perfect. I'm attempting to keep quiet about this until we're on the ship, but I'm not known for my ability to keep a secret when I'm excited, so we'll see how I do.:o So far I've made it 20 hours!:roll eyes:

Mummms, the word and have fun.

They go up to the higher cat. as long as you are willing to pay for them. The difference in prices from what you paid and the other cabins.