Regal Balcony Advice Please

Tedferg

We are planning Baltic on Princess Regal from Copenhagen June 2 2017.

Have decided Aft BD or Mid Aft BB Balcony would be fine. Difference in cost BD to BB is ~ $180 so no big deal.

BD close to stairs looks good

BB available close to mid ship, close to mid elevators and not too far from aft stairs.

Riviera for BD or BB easy access to Horizon.

Dolphin BB towards Mid ship might be smoother.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by Tedferg

Have decided Aft BD or Mid Aft BB Balcony would be fine. Difference in cost BD to BB is ~ $180 so no big deal.

BB available close to mid ship, close to mid elevators and not too far from aft stairs.

Any suggestions ?

Regal is a long ship. For me I would go with the cabin that is more mid ship. I have been on Regal five times. And I can tell you the hallways are long.

Any suggestions ?

I would NEVER pick a cabin toward the aft because of the ship's vibration. I think I would go crazy after a week or so vibrating all the time. We always pick mid or mid-forward.

I would NEVER pick a cabin toward the aft because of the ship's vibration. I think I would go crazy after a week or so vibrating all the time. We always pick mid or mid-forward.

It was recent comments about aft vibration that made me wonder.

We always book a cabin in mid-aft and never experienced any problems with vibration. That's just been our experience!

Edited by Happy2cruise

Looking at available BB cabins on Princess site for this cruise, there are fewer available mid-fore versus mi-aft. Does this imply mid-fore is more popular ?

I thought aft/mid-aft gives easier access to Horizon. That is why it was my first choice. Maybe less vibration Mid-Fore ???

We always book mid-aft and have never had a problem.I have read about the vibration issues with aft cabins. It does not bother some people. Do you think it would bother you? Mid- aft is also better if you get seasick.

Edited by Cairn Mom

We always book mid-aft and have never had a problem.I have read about the vibration issues with aft cabins. It does not bother some people. Do you think it would bother you? Mid- aft is also better if you get seasick.

No we have never been bothered and always had mid-aft before. Just never on Regal.

Mid- aft should not have a vibration problem. It is in an aft stateroom where you might encounter vibration issues. We only take either a mid -ship or mid-aft stateroom (close to mid-ship).If the possibility of vibration is not acceptable to you then spend the money and take the mid-aft stateroom. It sounds like it is the individual's tolerance to the vibration that makes aft staterooms acceptable or not. That itinerary was our first cruise ( different ship). We loved it. Enjoy,whatever you decide.

Edited by Cairn Mom

There has been a lot of discussion regarding vibration on the Royal and Regal and I wonder why we haven't witnessed any during our 5 voyages on these ships. We always had the same cabin E702 which is on deck 8 and aft which should be close to any source of vibration.

By the way, this cabin location is one of the best kept secrets on the ship. Categorized as Obstructed Balcony with really no obstructions to worry about. A little blockage from the tender stationed forward a couple of cabins but still have a view forward, nothing straight out or down and nothing aft. Stairs and lift right outside and short distance to the lower activity decks (and Muster).

Looking at available BB cabins on Princess site for this cruise, there are fewer available mid-fore versus mi-aft. Does this imply mid-fore is more popular ?

I thought aft/mid-aft gives easier access to Horizon. That is why it was my first choice. Maybe less vibration Mid-Fore ???

You can get to the buffet from either aft or mid elevators. It is a big buffet.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=GP

Thanks for all input, we have decided on Baja or Caribe, forward in Mid Aft C504 or B504. Take our chances with elevators or walk to Aft stairs / elevators. It helps to bounce ideas of CC members.

Any suggestions ?

Mid ship is the worst place to be .IMO

Mid ship is the worst place to be .IMO

That's a personal opinion. In our opinion, mid-ship and mid-aft are the best locations on the ship. As people who get seasick, forward is the worst location on the ship. Only Tedferg knows what is best for them.

Forgot to add does Port or Starboard matter for Baltic?

Personally I would go for port, but the only reason for that is that I enjoy a bit of ship-spotting on sea days and you'd be passing port to port in the shipping lanes. When I cruised the Baltic I was on the starboard side so missed all of that but I can't think of any other reasons to favour one side over the other. The scenery sailing through the Stockholm Archipelago was breathtaking and well worth getting up early to see!