What's your Seaday Brunch Favorite?

More details please. Assuming this is a time when the ship is just cruising water the whole day with no stop at any port, is this correct? Also, assuming it's in the main dining room? Are there specific times for this?

More details please. Assuming this is a time when the ship is just cruising water the whole day with no stop at any port, is this correct? Also, assuming it's in the main dining room? Are there specific times for this?

Yep, on sea days, ie: At sea all day, and no ports to stop at. Brunch is served in one of the main dining rooms, (usually the forward dining room, but not always.) Check your "Fun Times". Usually served from 8:30 to 1P.M.

"SKY"

Another vote for the "Steak n Eggs". Usually very good!

One to avoid, IMO, is the "Funny French Toast". I ordered that one once, and it's truly a mess. Regular French Toast is very good however. ;)

"SKY"

I could not agree more...for some reason I thought it would be fun to try Frosted Flakes encrusted french toast. YUCK! And my friend tried the Fruit Loops encrusted -- also YUCK!

Sea day brunch is awesome. In fact, we frequented brunch every time they offered it. Some of our favorites on the Dream.

Mac n cheese with bacon. Rich

French toast. Yum

Steak n eggs. Filling

Pork chops. Little dry but huge

Banana cream pie. Wow delicate

Eggs Benedict. Real good

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol, I think I need a new pair of glasses- for months, I thought it was a Sunday brunch, and, as we're embarking on a Sunday and leaving the ship the following Saturday, I figured we'd miss it.

I heard the lox are good, wondering what the sausage is like.

Lox is available 24/7 thru room service and when the deli is open.

If you ask real nice you can get the lox scrambled with eggs and onions.

Eat with a cream cheesed bagel. :)

( damn now I'm hungry.)

The lox and scrambled eggs idea sounds great!

I did enjoy the steak and eggs. Also the lemon cake from the bread basket.

The bloody mary from the bloody mary bar was very good. You can use your past guest free drink coupon to get it.:cool:

We are just off Fantasy and attended brunch several times. We were quite impressed. Favorites were:

Pork Chop: my DH had it twice and just raved. The combination of flavors was really good.

Steak and Eggs: The eggs and steak were perfectly cooked and well seasoned.

Pasta: Simple, but very well done. Tomato sauce was rich and flavorful.

Regarding the Huevous Rancheros, my DH got them early in the week and they were very good. I got them on the last sea day and they were awful. I think they was a screw up in the kitchen as mine had almost no cheese, and the chicken mixture was loaded (I counted at least 8!) with whole garlic cloves. Very strange.

some of the items we especially love on the Seaday Brunch menu:

- Flammin Tomato Soup

- The pork chops in the blue cheese sauce

- The steak and eggs

- The manchego bites (served with the huevos rancheros)

- The papardelli pasta with meat sauce

- The banana creme pie

- The POPOVERS(only served after 11am I was told)

For those of you who cant decide what to order, you can have your brunch and eat it too, twice. Just go for breakfast when it opens around 8:30 and make your choices. Then, go shortly before it closes at 1, its lunch time! We have done this a couple of times. But, be forewarned, some sort of physical activity, or exercise as some call it should be done between meals.

For those who have had the flamin tomato soup; is it very spicy? I like some spice, but dont like food that is so spicy your whole mouth is on fire. I normally do enjoy most soups, and especially tomato soup, but just wondering what this one is like spicewise. Thanks for any info.

I always get the salmon. I tis never dried out and vey good, but it ids a little small in size. I usually order a side of fries from the steak-n-eggs menu. They are much better than the fries they serve you at dinner or lunch.

My favorite part of the brunch, however, is the basket of Danish, etc. The lemon pound cake with white icing is the best. They are served family style, but we are usually just with friends or at a table for two - so who cares?:D

For those who have had the flamin tomato soup; is it very spicy? I like some spice, but dont like food that is so spicy your whole mouth is on fire. I normally do enjoy most soups, and especially tomato soup, but just wondering what this one is like spicewise. Thanks for any info.

It has a little kick but not at all spicy hot. Not even close to mouth on fire. It is one of my favorites. As you like tomato soup, you should definitely try. If you find it too spicy (I truly doubt you will), just put it aside and get something else.

Cheddar grits

Banana cream pie

Mac n cheese w steak

Pappardelle with sauce

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Mac n cheese with Steak?! Oh my, why have I never thought of that?

I may have ordered five things

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

:D This may or may not be what I am going to do! :D

It has a little kick but not at all spicy hot. Not even close to mouth on fire. It is one of my favorites. As you like tomato soup, you should definitely try. If you find it too spicy (I truly doubt you will), just put it aside and get something else.

I agree. I don't like spicy food at all. And I love this soup!

Kim

Thank you. It sounds like I would like it. I will definitely give it a try.:)

I love the vanilla pastry. But of course you can get them at brunch, on the lido and thru room service.

I use to eat the eggs benedict but the last time I did the sauce was so thick and nasty I do not think I will order them again.

If you order the sauce on the side, it is MUCH better. :). Preacher's wife

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app