Free wi-fi

karska

We're getting free wifi on the ship. It states for one person per cabin. So my question is if DH wants his emails on our iPad, can I also access mine on the iPad. What about my cellphone/smartphone?..DH has a flip phone.

Thanks.

you can sign up for 1 account & use 1 device at a time

I forget whether you use the cabin number as the sign on..maybe more recent cruisers will comment

we use webmail sites like Yahoo so we both can access our own mail accounts

You use cabin number and password u create as sign on. One device at a time but as many devices as u have with you

As I have posted before occasionally we have experienced a glitch in the system and we can both be on at same time. Don't count on it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You use cabin number and password u create as sign on. One device at a time but as many devices as u have with you

As I have posted before occasionally we have experienced a glitch in the system and we can both be on at same time. Don't count on it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Will that work if we have different last names, and email addresses. He's DF (dear fiancé) not DH. Lol

Karska,

Nothing stops you from signing in as him! Or he as you. Besides, it's no longer unusual for a wife to continue to use her maiden name. That's what I do, but my passport (and therefore passenger name) is a combination. I've set up a number of Meet & Greets and there are always a fair number of people who have different last names.

As to the password, on our last two cruises on Marina the user name was your name as it appears on the passenger list. This causes ME a problem because the computer can only deal with two names. So I have to experiment to see which one it accepts. (Reception gave me a wrong answer when I asked them about it!)

It also wants your cabin number, yes.

There WAS a time when I created a user name/password but not recently. I don't know if it's different on the "O" ships as opposed to the "R" ships because it's a few years since we were on an "R" ship.

Mura

Edited by Mura

Will that work if we have different last names, and email addresses. He's DF (dear fiancé) not DH. Lol

Yes

One cabin number

One password

Name and email address are irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by pacheco18

Yes

One cabin number

One password

Name and email address are irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had the free internet on our recent Baltic cruise.

During the initial log on, you are asked what plan you want. This is where the free internet plan is to be entered, the system checks against your room number and confirms that you have the free plan.

Each time you sign on, there are 4 lines that need to be completed:

Line 1. Passenger's first name as on the ship registration

Line 2. Passenger's last name as registered

Line 3. Stateroom number

Line 4. Password that was set up on your first log on.

Once you are registered, you select the "returning user" button, but you still have to log on each time with the above data.

You may use any type of equipment, but usually only 1 terminal at a time.

Just got off Insignia Aug. 27. WiFi was great, even when we were way out on the Atlantic, and down towards the Canary Islands. Even got it at the pool on my Kindle Fire on our at sea day. However, in general, it seemed faster and easier when I just went to the Oceania at Sea room to use their computers. Despite people always complaining about internet at sea, I found it great, except once in a while, when even the BBC and other TV stations were fading in and out a bit!

Edited by roothy123

I just looked and there is now free Wi-Fi in the deals and I paid more. Past full payment. Anything that can be done? I feel unloved -- I like to think I got a good deal but now NOT so much.

Me thinks my cruise is in the middle of the November SLOW PERIOD and the cheap cruise has gotten cheaper.

I just looked and there is now free Wi-Fi in the deals and I paid more. Past full payment. Anything that can be done? I feel unloved -- I like to think I got a good deal but now NOT so much.

Me thinks my cruise is in the middle of the November SLOW PERIOD and the cheap cruise has gotten cheaper.

Step 1 talk to your Travel Agent

Step 2 call Oceania directly

Step 3 Learn that checking the "booking a new cruise" offers after you have paid in full is a recipe for disaster

Why would you do that to yourself?