Summit Bermuda June 26

LA_CA_GAL

We booked this cruise. And when it comes to planning, I am beyond ridiculous.

Usually, when in Bermuda, the NCL Breakaway is also there. However, that week it is not.

So, where is it? I went to the NCL web site, and nothing there for the Breakaway. I then went to the Roll Call. There is no roll call for that week.

That is really strange for a ship of that size.

I then started googling, and found the Port of Halifax Nova Scotia has the Breakaway there June 29.

Strange, huh?

Another strange thing, at least for me, is our cruise roll call is just about non-existent.

Must have something to do with the “Bermuda Triangle”.

Usually, when in Bermuda, the NCL Breakaway is also there. However, that week it is not.

So, where is it? I went to the NCL web site, and nothing there for the Breakaway. I then went to the Roll Call. There is no roll call for that week.

I then started googling, and found the Port of Halifax Nova Scotia has the Breakaway there June 29.

Strange, huh?

Another strange thing, at least for me, is our cruise roll call is just about non-existent.

Quiet roll calls are the worst:(. have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

In my own experience both our Bermuda roll calls have been much quieter than others. Not sure why, but I wouldn't worry about it. On our previous Bermuda cruise there were very few elites and above so I suspect fewer people know about cc.

We are going the week after you and it looks like Breakaway will only be in port on Friday and it doesn't arrive until 11 am! [emoji4]

Just, curious.....

what does it matter if the Breakaway is there or not?.....why would this be an issue?

Strange, huh?

Just, curious.....

what does it matter if the Breakaway is there or not?.....why would this be an issue?

Less crowded, lots of people come off Breakaway especially first day when everyone is trying to buy transportation passes..

Edited by dkjretired

Just, curious.....

This is going to be fantastic.:D

We will be the only ship. 5,400 less tourists to deal with.

Buses, taxis, ferries, beaches, less crowded.

Dawn docking on June 26,

Anthem docking on June 27,

Summit docking on June 29.

Dawn may have left by the time you arrive, but the Anthem may be giving you a little bit of company.;) Perhaps they leave the same day you arrive...it is only a 5 night cruise.

Dawn docking on June 26,

Dawn may have left by the time you arrive, but the Anthem may be giving you a little bit of company.;) Perhaps they leave the same day you arrive...it is only a 5 night cruise.

Those ships are gone when the Summit docks. The three days the Summit is in Kings Wharf are all by herself.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bermuda/338-Kings_Wharf/June_2016/

Dawn docking on June 26,

... but the Anthem may be giving you a little bit of company.;)

Nope, it will be gone and we shall be all alone.

Strange, huh?

I read on CC that the Breakaway is chartered that week and that's why it's not going to Bermuda. Just look at it with being lucky with one less ship in port! :)

of course....

We were doing a land tour in italy a few years ago ...we had booked a day trip to capri but, ....there were 3 cruise ships there that day....we could not get to see anything....was totally jammed with cruisers

• 2 weeks later...

I have not cruised in over 20 years and I only just discovered this site. So perhaps this Summit cruise also has a number of new cruisers who have not yet discovered this gem of a website and the generosity of it's members to share stories and information.

Anyway - Looking forward to meeting people and having a great time.

Hope you have good weather the whole trip. We got completely drenched on day 2 in Bermuda. We should've brought umbrellas but kept optimistically hoping it would pass. Boy, were we wrong. We were lucky to get a little sun on our first two sea days though.

The absolute best day we had was with the day passes at Coco Reef Hotel. I would do that again in a heartbeat. Felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves.

Enjoy your cruise! :)