Hotel / Parking Port Canaveral

mmaner72

We have about 10 couples that will sailing in October on the Valor. Looking for suggestions on a hotel at Port Canaveral that provides parking for the duration for our cruise and shuttle back and forth with of course decent rates.

Thanks in advance!

The Radisson has a really nice pool, and is quite popular for the stay and cruise crowd. I hear very good things about Country Inn and Suites, but haven't stayed there, myself.

Thanks for the quick info. I will call them and see if they can give me special rates since we have so many going that will book a room.

I have already visited their site but wanted some feedback from people who have stayed there.

I have stayed at both the Radisson and Country Inns & Suites. My choice from now on will be the Radisson. The rooms and facilities are much nicer and the parking for the cruise is a little further from your room but it is paved.

The hotels are all different and clustered in different areas and it may help to state what your interests are?

If you have young kids then I will suggest a different cluster than a group of adults who may be looking for a choice of restaurants & bars. If you want beach then you need to focus on a different cluster than folks looking for pools with waterfalls!

With such a large group I would be thinking at private shuttles if you want to stay together. Or I would also consider hotels that offer 40% off ship-side parking and just park at the port! And so on...

Edited by SteerageJoe

I currently have two bookings in April for Park/Cruise packages. One at the LaQuinta on North Atlantic, and one at the Courtyard on North Atlantic. They seemed to have the best prices for park/cruise packages. I will end up cancelling one or the other.

I have been looking for feedback on either of these hotels.

We stayed at Radisson at the Port several years ago (2008). That's about a lifetime ago in hotel time. I was not impressed. The rooms were filthy back then. The staff was very unpleasant and rude.

I have heard from some that the renovations have made a huge difference and everything is much nicer. I have heard from others that the rooms are still seedy and the staff is still snarky.

The park and ride thing worked fine for us. Definitely adequate parking at Radisson at the Port.

I will also be checking out some hotels that give parking vouchers to see if we come out better that way.

I like the Residence Inn. Breakfast is complimentary and you can leave your car there for $6/nt. They have a shuttle to the port for $8/pp but we took a taxi which was only $12 for 3 of us....much cheaper than the shuttle.

Be careful about the park & cruise packages. Sometimes the rate turns out to be more than if you just booked the room and paid for parking separately. Same with the shuttle......may be less money for your group to take a couple taxis because the shuttles charge per person so it really is no bargain.

Also Residence Inn has 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suites that also has a living room with sofa bed. This would actually sleep 6 people. Also has a kitchen if you need a fridge.

I currently have two bookings in April for Park/Cruise packages. One at the LaQuinta on North Atlantic, and one at the Courtyard on North Atlantic. They seemed to have the best prices for park/cruise packages. I will end up cancelling one or the other.

I have been looking for feedback on either of these hotels.

I like the rates at LaQuinta much better. Would like to see others feedback on these hotels as well.

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites 2 weeks ago. I booked the park and cruise package. The hotel was clean, personnel were very nice, breakfast was good, free shuttle (included in package) was great and on time and parking was free for our 13 nights.

Will stay there again if I sail from Port Canaveral.

Kelsey's Restaurant next door had delicious pizza.