Ultimate Beverage Package - New Terms Include Drinks Up to $10

SeaWatcher65

It was not available online for our 5/31 cruise, and at that time I remember NCL stating that it couldn't be purchased online. However I just looked and it IS available online for our upcoming November cruise! That's handy. Thanks.

They added the ability to order it on-line when they changed the program. If they hadn't the NCL and TA phone lines would be full of unhappy customers on hold who were just calling to get the UBP added onto their reservation in order to get the early buyer discount.

Just spoke with my PCC Matt @ Norwegian and he said the UBP is not available PRE-cruise, but that it may be purchased onboard for $65.00 per day. By the way I am speaking about the Norwegian Sky 3 and 4 night cruises not the 7 night cruises! Hope this helps. Nancy

Edited by Golfgrl1911

Just spoke with my PCC Matt @ Norwegian and he said the UBP is not available PRE-cruise, but that it may be purchased onboard for $65.00 per day. Hope this helps. Nancy

I purchased the UBP yesterday.

Guess it really does matter who you talk to.

Rochelle

Just spoke with my PCC Matt @ Norwegian and he said the UBP is not available PRE-cruise, but that it may be purchased onboard for $65.00 per day. Hope this helps. Nancy

Your PCC is wrong. It can indeed be purchased before your cruise. You can call, do it online or gift it to someone else even.

I booked ours right from the web site with ease.

If you are not logged in to NCL.com

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#ultimate

If you are logged in to NCL.com

http://www.ncl.com/bge/explore-plan/amenity?price_min=0&page=0&per-page=12&view_type=grid&taxonomy-key=161

Edited by GrabMyWrist

Your PCC is wrong. It can indeed be purchased before your cruise. You can call, do it online or gift it to someone else even.

I booked ours right from the web site with ease.

Yep, just a few mouse clicks and mine (pre-purchase) was all done. :D

Sorry gang but I had to edit my original post to state that this was not offered pre-cruise on the Sky for 3 and 4 night cruises.

It is indeed offered on 7 night cruises pre-cruise on-line.

I will be purchasing mine when I get to the terminal for my 4 night quick cruise.

I guess my edit did not go on fast enough! :eek:

Just spoke with my PCC Matt @ Norwegian and he said the UBP is not available PRE-cruise, but that it may be purchased onboard for $65.00 per day. By the way I am speaking about the Norwegian Sky 3 and 4 night cruises not the 7 night cruises! Hope this helps. Nancy

Ahh, your edit makes all the difference in the world. Your PCC is correct in that scenario.

Sorry gang but I had to edit my original post to state that this was not offered pre-cruise on the Sky for 3 and 4 night cruises.

It is indeed offered on 7 night cruises pre-cruise on-line.

I will be purchasing mine when I get to the terminal for my 4 night quick cruise.

I guess my edit did not go on fast enough! :eek:

Thanks Golfgirl!! I wonder why that is though. If we can pre-purchase the dining plan on a 4 night, why not the beverage plan?

I would like to just pre-purchase now and not have to deal with it the morning of the cruise. One less thing to worry about. :confused:

I don't really know if I can drink $65.00 worth of "beverages" a day but I can certainly give it the Old College try! ;)

I was thinking it was going to be $62.10 per person like on all the other cruises. Now its $74.75 per person.

Might have to rethink whether we would spend the $598 or not for 4 days. We do have three stops and an excursion at each for a few hours.

I was all set today to pay for the UBP at $496.80. Dang!!! Now I have to wait and it's a $101.20 more.

:confused:

Where is this $65 plus tax number coming from? We paid $54.00 per day plus 15% gratuity, and no taxes.

Edit - I see. Never mind. That is with the increased price day of cruise, plus gratuity.

Edited by LrgPizza

Where is this $65 plus tax number coming from? We paid $54.00 per day plus 15% gratuity, and no taxes.

Edit - I see. Never mind. That is with the increased price day of cruise, plus gratuity.

I thought the day of cruise price was $59 per day plus gratuity. Has there been another increase?

Rochelle

I thought the day of cruise price was $59 per day plus gratuity. Has there been another increase?

Rochelle

This is just for the Sky 3 and 4 day cruise that cannot be purchased precruise-that is the price day of cruise $65 + 15% tax per day (probably gratuity) is what the PCC told me today.

Edited by sunflower47

This is just for the Sky 3 and 4 day cruise that cannot be purchased precruise-that is the price day of cruise $65 + 15% tax per day (probably gratuity) is what the PCC told me today.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess they think their stamina will be greater because of the shorter length of the cruise.:)

Rochelle

Thanks for the clarification. I guess they think their stamina will be greater because of the shorter length of the cruise.:)

Rochelle

Who knows the logic behind that, there's 3 ports on a 4 day cruise-you really have to do some serious drinking while on the ship to make up that much money. :eek:

Edited by sunflower47

Just off of the Breakaway. We had a great cruise and had a fun time with the UBP. We tried to hit all of the bars. There were so many bars and we had a few great bartenders at three of the bars (so that kind of ended our pub crawl!). The drinks were made right in front of us and had plenty of liquor in them. While the drinks we received from servers seemed to be also good, I believe that a bartender putting together a drink or two for you (in front of you), is likely to make at least a slightly better drink then a bartender looking at a server order ticket with 10 or more drinks that they are in a rush to make for a server. The bartenders will always adjust the drinks to satisfy individual tastes.

When I created my drink spreadsheet I used Gambee's menu pics. At that time there was only 1 martini and about 3 maybe 4 wines by the glass that were over $10, so you should be good at long as their prices on drinks haven't gone up.

Thanks Megs and Whicita.....

Very, very helpful and greatly appreciate your response.

Ready to go with the UBP and enjoy!!! :D :D

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to pre-purchase for Sky and the warning that came up was that it is only for 5 or more cruise days! That kind of stinks for us as we have 7 people traveling.

The difference $1196.05 for prepay if allowed plus tax if Miami, FL tax is charged,

or 1221.60 to pay when we board the Sky at a tax free charge

or 1345.50 for the $65.00 plus tax and gratuity per person per day.

I am going to call and see if I can talk into a deal. If I can't, my BIL has a way of talking anyone into anything!:D

Decisions! Decisions!

Thanks for all the input!

My question is if anyone has had someone in their cabin who has gotten a waiver from a doctor stating they cannot drink and the other has been allowed to purchase the package only for themselves? My wife and daughter are going and my wife will purchase for herself but my daughter takes medicine that alcohol interferes with and she will not be drinking. Thanks in advance for your help

My question is if anyone has had someone in their cabin who has gotten a waiver from a doctor stating they cannot drink and the other has been allowed to purchase the package only for themselves?
Most people have reported not being able to get NCL to bend the rules for a non-drinker in the same cabin, for whatever reason, even with some kind of documentation (pregnancy, medication, chronic condition, alcoholism). It seems that on most ships, the staff simply applies the basic rule, with no exceptions.

A small number of people have said they were able to purchase for only one person in the cabin. See here for example. So the rule can possibly be overridden at the discretion of the bar manager on your ship. I don't think there is any easy way to determine ahead of time if this will be allowed. Your wife and daughter will just have to wait until they board their cruise and ask nicely, and be prepared to be told "no" nicely.