Ultimate Beverage Package - New Terms Include Drinks Up to $10

SeaWatcher65

Can anyone confirm from recent experience that the ultimate beverage plan includes drinks up to $10 in price? That would include some higher priced beers, martinis, etc. Rethinking the beverage plan now to avoid having to verify each charge on my bill... and not having to worry if drinks are weak. Plus have a few drinks during the day, some wine with dinner, and drinks at night could add up fast.

From NCL website: http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay.

Older information from this web site showed it only included mixed drinks up to $8.50, beer up to $5.50 ($5.95 for draft) and wine up to $10.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Yes, it changed this spring. On our cruise and all since the change, all drinks $10 and under were included. People love to post Gambee's old info here to confuse things. Ignore Gambee and go with the info on NCL's website regarding the UBP terms. Obviously that will be more accurate.

It is funny that you were asking if NCL or Gambee is right about NCL's policy. Haha

Edited by LrgPizza

Thanks! I figured NCL's info was correct and the Gambee info was old... always good to get confirmation. I'm thinking we would probably spend close to the cost of the UBP on drinks and it will be easier to deal with the bill at the end.

Yes, it changed this spring. On our cruise and all since the change, all drinks $10 and under were included. People love to post Gambee's old info here to confuse things. Ignore Gambee and go with the info on NCL's website regarding the UBP terms. Obviously that will be more accurate.

It is funny that you were asking if NCL or Gambee is right about NCL's policy. Haha

Thanks! I figured NCL's info was correct and the Gambee info was old... always good to get confirmation. I'm thinking we would probably spend close to the cost of the UBP on drinks and it will be easier to deal with the bill at the end.

Yep, we did it for the same reason. It's nice not to think about what you are ordering, and to be able to walk away guilt-free from a yucky drink or watered down drink, etc. I tried so many new things.

It's nice not to think about what you are ordering, and to be able to walk away guilt-free from a watered down drink

Are you actually saying that NCL deliberately water down spirits on the ships? I find this comment most concerning. Have you ever brought the subject up with the management of NCL? If not I think it is time that NCL were aware of the accusations for them to investigate.

Are you actually saying that NCL deliberately water down spirits on the ships? I find this comment most concerning. Have you ever brought the subject up with the management of NCL? If not I think it is time that NCL were aware of the accusations for them to investigate.

Every drink with ice in it will become watered down as the ice melts and I hope that is what was meant. I know there have been times when I didn't finish my drink timely and it became watered down from the ice, but since I had paid for the drink I finished it anyway but if I had purchased the UBP I would probably have just left it and ordered another. I hope that is the scenario LrgPizza is referring to.

Edited by sparks1093

Uh, no. I'm saying that sitting in the sun by a pool,ice cubes in drinks tend to melt. No really, they do. Sometimes it happens before I can finish the drink, although that's rare.

Uh, no. I'm saying that sitting in the sun by a pool,ice cubes in drinks tend to melt. No really, they do. Sometimes it happens before I can finish the drink, although that's rare.

Phew! For a minute I thought that Big Pizza;) was gonna create a controversy( sorry- I just read back a few days worth of postings and was cracking up!)

I am def. going with UBP next time, and I am not a big drinker. DH totally can use it. I found myself trying lots of new drinks on our last cruise, some were great , a few were cruddy.... Some were watered down prior to,sun- sitting- EGADS!!!!

These beverages require several doses.....so the UBP will be a handy tool in my travel tool kit.

On our last cruise (not NCL), one bartender made really strong drinks and would also "float" my favorite rum on top of frozen drinks - works great with Jamaican dark rum on top of a pina colada. But I've also seen bartenders make weak drinks. Here's hoping for some good bartenders on NCL Getaway!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think that most bartenders deliberately water down spirits. However when its busy and their free pouring sometimes you may not get a full shot. However once you make friends with a bar tender and its not busy you send to get a long pour or a "special" drink just for you. On my last cruise that I took an ex she ended up going to the same bar because he would make her pina coloda extra strong.

If they are making a drink extra strong for one person then they are likely watering down a drink for someone else to offset it. Each bar would have inventory taken and that would need to correlate with sales. A bartender who had stock levels that did not line up with sales would not have a job for very long.

Rochelle

If they are making a drink extra strong for one person then they are likely watering down a drink for someone else to offset it. Each bar would have inventory taken and that would need to correlate with sales. A bartender who had stock levels that did not line up with sales would not have a job for very long.

Rochelle

I use to work at a bar and the bartenders do have a "spill" allowance so unless their consistently over pouring or giving away shots it won't matter. Also not sure what kind of policy NCL has on comping drinks. The only way to make sure that everyone gets the same amount is measuring a shot but that takes WAY to long and only used for starters. Most bars just tell their bar tenders to go with a 2 second pour.

I just got off the Breakaway. I had the UDP and so did everyone in my group of 11 people. The biggest comment from everyone was how strong the drinks. All the guys loved this but I did have to go back and ask for some extra tonic now and again. Yes the maximum cost of a drink under the package is $10.00. With all the heavy drinkers only 1 person went over. Everyone else was fine and no one had to search for different drinks. We all got what we wanted (grey goose, ketal one, Jameson).

HTH!

I just got off the Breakaway. I had the UDP and so did everyone in my group of 11 people. The biggest comment from everyone was how strong the drinks. All the guys loved this but I did have to go back and ask for some extra tonic now and again. Yes the maximum cost of a drink under the package is $10.00. With all the heavy drinkers only 1 person went over. Everyone else was fine and no one had to search for different drinks. We all got what we wanted (grey goose, ketal one, Jameson).

HTH!

Do you remember the cost of a espresso or chocolate martini...my favorites on NCL? :)

Hope it is included in the package deal!!

Don

Don - I don't know about the espresso or chocolate martini specifically but my SIL was ordering some Lemon martini with all top shelf liquor so I am assuming the espresso and chocolate are included. I was hard pressed to find drinks over $10.00. I thought that the prices were all pretty reasonable.

Do you remember the cost of a espresso or chocolate martini...my favorites on NCL? :)

Hope it is included in the package deal!!

Don

When I created my drink spreadsheet I used Gambee's menu pics. At that time there was only 1 martini and about 3 maybe 4 wines by the glass that were over $10, so you should be good at long as their prices on drinks haven't gone up.

Can the UBP be purchased prior to sailing? I see that I can purchase the UDP now but not the UBP. Will that be available closer to my sail date in November?

Are the drinks of the day included in the package?

You save $5 per person per day if you buy the UBP prior to sailing. It is not available for purchase online. You must call your TA or PCC.

DOTD are included, but without the souvenir glass.

Can the UBP be purchased prior to sailing? I see that I can purchase the UDP now but not the UBP. Will that be available closer to my sail date in November?

Are the drinks of the day included in the package?

On your 'My NCL' check to see if you have an email tell you tthe UBP is on sale.

-or-

You could go to your reservation and click on 'Explore and Plan' under 'Gifts and more'...that is where you will find the drink packages.

Hope that helps.

Rochelle

You save $5 per person per day if you buy the UBP prior to sailing. It is not available for purchase online. You must call your TA or PCC.

Thank you-that's good to know-Don't need the extra glass anyway

On your 'My NCL' check to see if you have an email tell you tthe UBP is on sale.

-or-

You could go to your reservation and click on 'Explore and Plan' under 'Gifts and more'...that is where you will find the drink packages.

Hope that helps.

Rochelle

Yes, that does help but it's not listed there, at least not yet. Only the Dining package is there and some wine packages but not the UBP and a bunch of other stuff is there as well. I guess I will have to call. Thank you!

The only way to make sure that everyone gets the same amount is measuring a shot but that takes WAY to long and only used for starters. Most bars just tell their bar tenders to go with a 2 second pour.
I just got off a Princess cruise and all the bartenders used jiggers to measure every shot.
Don - I don't know about the espresso or chocolate martini specifically but my SIL was ordering some Lemon martini with all top shelf liquor so I am assuming the espresso and chocolate are included.
The UBP does not include espresso drinks. A lot of drinks are not included even though they cost less than $10, like bottled water, energy drinks, fresh squeezed fruit juices, etc.

Did they take away the option to order it online? I ordered mine online for my upcoming October cruise about a month or two ago.

Did they take away the option to order it online? I ordered mine online for my upcoming October cruise about a month or two ago.

It was not available online for our 5/31 cruise, and at that time I remember NCL stating that it couldn't be purchased online. However I just looked and it IS available online for our upcoming November cruise! That's handy. Thanks.

Edited by LrgPizza

I just got off a Princess cruise and all the bartenders used jiggers to measure every shot.

The UBP does not include espresso drinks. A lot of drinks are not included even though they cost less than $10, like bottled water, energy drinks, fresh squeezed fruit juices, etc.

That poster was asking about espresso martini's, not specialty coffee. I've heard you can get fresh squeezed juice included if you ask for alcohol in it (mimosa?).