Ft lauderdale cabs

marenisco

I would say your chances a good to very good. But if for some reason the ship is late coming in or not enough Customs people aboard, it could be tricky. If you want to stick with this flight, perhaps you could do the walk off and be in the group to disemabark first.:)

It also depends on how many ships are in port that day. I have waited for an hour in line for a cab.

Never thought of that one. :)

And marenisco you can't book a Princess transfer to airport if you have a flight before 11:25am:eek: Also airlines have a bad habit of changing flight times and it is the start of a holiday week.

So, my guess is that it could be doable, but hopefully you have some better choices after Noon time.

What are my chances of catching a cab and being at the Ft Lauderdale airport by 1120am on the 21st of December. Coming in on the Regal Princess that day and I have an 1120 flight booked.

I realize August 23, 2014 is not December 21st but we walked off Group A last Saturday from the Caribbean Princess at 7:30 AM and cleared security at FLL at 8:02 AM.

There were plenty of cabs available with minimal wait times. Our flight was 11:15 AM.

We are in the same exact situation. I've been watching the My TSA app for security wait times, so far so good. If average wait times increase over the next few weeks I might book a limo or use Uber since there would be no line. On Sunday 03 August 2014 at 9:15AM checkpoint E the wait was 11 - 20 minutes, for instance.

It would be AWESOME if Port Everglades and Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport got together and built a light rail system since they are so close!

Edited by HUNKY

According to CruiseTT the port load that day is over 16,000!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Dec 21st is the Sunday before Christmas -- there will be lots of non-cruise passengers at the airport too.

You should be just fine particularly if you self-disembark. We have often got a flight around 1100 to 1130 and even with just an early, normal, disembarkation time we have always been sitting at the gate twiddling our thumbs by not later than 0915.

You also need to realize that for an 11:20am flight you need to be at the terminal at least an hour before your departure time. You can expect the airport to be busier than normal as you are flying right at the Christmas Holiday time. Between the holiday and 16,000 passengers disembarking in Port Everglades that will be a very busy morning at the airport. Personally I would go with a later flight but that's just me.

Sat and Sun mornings have become very congested at Port Everglades...no thanks in part to the huge RCI mega ships. We used to wait no more then 10 min to grab a taxi, but now it can be pretty ugly. So we agree that it is a good idea to be off the ship a bit earlier in this port...to allow for extra time in the taxi queue. But once in a taxi it is a very quick ride (especially on Sunday mornings).

Hank

This past Oct. DW and I were on the New Amsterdam and walked out of terminal and taxis were waiting for fares. Before that we were on the Oasis and the police had been called to control the passengers because there were not enough taxis.

This past Oct. DW and I were on the New Amsterdam and walked out of terminal and taxis were waiting for fares. Before that we were on the Oasis and the police had been called to control the passengers because there were not enough taxis.

For some years the Broward County Sheriffs department did manage the taxi lines then I believe it was the year before last the port authority contracted the service to a private firm. However, I noticed with interest that the Sheriffs Department was back in control this January and do their normal great job of it.