Are there any AI one day beach resorts in Belize?

cruisemein

Group of four looking for a place to lay around a beach and just chill. We have already done the ruins, cave tubing, ziplining, etc. Just can't find anything that jumps out at me. We will be snorkeling in Cozumel the day before, so that's out as well, but we don't want to just sit on the ship all day. I guess we could ride the tender back and forth all day and claim we did a boat ride while in Belize, now only if they served drinks on those tenders.

• Haha 1

Same issue; did all of the above before. Doing a snorkel and beach thing in Roatan so don't really want any of the same. Apparently the beaches near Belize City are not the best from what I have read. I really wanted a tour to Belikin Brewery but can't find anyone who still does it, nor does their website have any hours listed to try to do anything on our own via taxi. Someone, please help us - hahaha!

In Belize City, there are no AIs, per se. The only beach on the mainland close to BC is Cucumber Beach in Old Belize City. It is a man made beach next to a marina and is frequented by locals. One of the local hotels, either Ramada Belize Princess or Radisson Fort George, used to have a day package for use of their pool. Both are about a 1/4 mile, easy walk out side the cruise tender pier. But again, it's a pool not a beach and many things are ala carte, as I recall someone on these boards saying several years ago..

Same issue; did all of the above before. Doing a snorkel and beach thing in Roatan so don't really want any of the same. Apparently the beaches near Belize City are not the best from what I have read. I really wanted a tour to Belikin Brewery but can't find anyone who still does it, nor does their website have any hours listed to try to do anything on our own via taxi. Someone, please help us - hahaha!

go to their website and contact them about a guide and time. the brewery is a short taxi ride.

I already tried contacting them a week ago. I cut and pasted the email address from their website and yet it still bounced back as not deliverable :(

Try going to their Facebook page and calling them

Well, there's a problem with Facebook also. I don't have it and you have to log in to view.

Sorry, it just shouldn't be this hard. I know it's Belize and all, but it's a pretty well known brewery. All these issues make me suspect of setting something up. I feel like I could go through the hassle and expense of getting to them and then find out they misinformed or something.

toursbelize.bz offers a tour of the brewery along with a bunch of other stuff. But it's a total of 6 hours. They may have a shorter one. At one time Coral breeze offered a tour as well.

But you do need to book the brewery in advance as they don't take "walk ups" or else you could just take a taxi there. did you try calling them? Country code 501 227-7031.

Your other alternative may be to just go to One Barrel Rum. (Traveller Liquor) for that you can go anytime via taxi to their Traveller Heritage Center. But google that and contact them.

I found this: Belize Exclusive Secluded Island Beach Day Pass Excursion through Shore Excursioneer dot com.

Looks like a great place to spend a beach day but kinda pricey and requires a minimum of 4 people. I contacted Shore Excursioneer about a party of 2 and received a response that the minimum was 4. I then contacted the resort through their website (royal palm island dot com) and received a very nice reply that they could possibly link a party of two to another party (if there were others booked on the day we were going to be there). Trip Advisor has very good reviews and great pictures of the resort.

Right, crews! I did see this tour you mentioned but it was lengthy and I didn't want the other stuff anyway. Plus it's a lot more expensive than just a brewery tour. It seems others (including some cruise ships) used to do a brewery tour excursion without a lot of extras but I can't find anyone now. I did do a fair amount of research over the past week - also I called and got no answer. Because they do not post hours, have an incorrect contact email on the home page of their website, etc., I am thinking they don't care much about people visiting. We may end up with a distillery visit, and was already considering it, we just would have preferred Belikin. We have done the cave tubing, etc., and are fairly adventurous people, so I don't know why someone (not you, Crews) would take such offense and say "stay on the boat," just because I happen to have the opinion that I would like more options in this port. I thank you for your thoughtful response.

Right, crews! I did see this tour you mentioned but it was lengthy and I didn't want the other stuff anyway. Plus it's a lot more expensive than just a brewery tour. It seems others (including some cruise ships) used to do a brewery tour excursion without a lot of extras but I can't find anyone now. I did do a fair amount of research over the past week - also I called and got no answer. Because they do not post hours, have an incorrect contact email on the home page of their website, etc., I am thinking they don't care much about people visiting. We may end up with a distillery visit, and was already considering it, we just would have preferred Belikin. We have done the cave tubing, etc., and are fairly adventurous people, so I don't know why someone (not you, Crews) would take such offense and say "stay on the boat," just because I happen to have the opinion that I would like more options in this port. I thank you for your thoughtful response.

your problem is you make several unwarranted assumptions.

• 2 weeks later...
I found this: Belize Exclusive Secluded Island Beach Day Pass Excursion through Shore Excursioneer dot com.

Looks like a great place to spend a beach day but kinda pricey and requires a minimum of 4 people. I contacted Shore Excursioneer about a party of 2 and received a response that the minimum was 4. I then contacted the resort through their website (royal palm island dot com) and received a very nice reply that they could possibly link a party of two to another party (if there were others booked on the day we were going to be there). Trip Advisor has very good reviews and great pictures of the resort.

I was looking at this today. It does look very nice, but as you said pretty pricey for a group of four. $149 pp and NOT all inclusive is steep.

• 1 month later...

Goff's Caye; primitive beach, no chairs other than scattered picnic tables. You can pay for lunch and drinks on the island, and restroom is a vault bathroom or outhouse. My husband said it was clean as could be for no plumbing. I didn't bother checking it out. I'd totally go again, but my parents are not able to sink themselves in the sand.

Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been on this excursion?

• 9 months later...
On 6/4/2018 at 11:02 AM, Kitty9453 said:

Has anyone been on this excursion?

have the same question. going w/ BFF in September, she wants beach w/ more amenities (so not Goff's) and this came up in search. We're only 2 ppl, so we'd be trying to book direct or find others to go with. Curious if others thought it was worth the $$. thanks. 

• 7 months later...

Have you looked into Caye Caulker? There are Water Taxis that run all day from Belize City to the cayes starting from 7am. they run almost every hour. Caye Caulker is the closest island to Belize, its a 50 minute boat ride to the cayes, on calm shallow waters as you are inside of the barrier reef. Most boats have an upper deck if you want to be outside in the sun and breeze or you can stay downstairs. the water taxis are very reliable and as they have a fleet of boats, they always operate. I think round trip tickets are about US$20 to Caye Caulker.

once on the caye, you can walk everywhere as our streets are sandy and we ride bikes and drive golf carts. we have 2 famous places to swim, The Split and Koko King...both are unique and beautiful!

19146146_1701815179832621_749874715870467244_n-1.jpg

20180807102014_0005_gallery~~5ca3b095f190f.jpg

Image-Courtesy-of-Koko-King-3-1.jpg

the-lazy-lizard-bar-and.jpg

we-are-truly-blessed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/16/2021 at 10:45 PM, my kids mama said:

I am also bumping this up.  Any idea if this company is still in business? What is the website ?

The Belize Water Taxi is running.   If you DIY.  If you want to do a snorkel sharks and Rays type tour not via the ship,  check shore excursioner.

Belize Snorkel Hol Chan, Shark Ray and Caye Caulker Beach Break Excursion - Belize Excursions (shoreexcursioneer.com)

• Like 1