Fort Lauderdale pier to Miami airpot

grams98

Has anyone recently used a princess transfer to go from the pier in Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport ? If so, do you recall the price per person? And also, how did you book it? We leave in a few weeks but can't see a link to book it. Or does that happen on board? Thanks, grams98

Has anyone recently used a princess transfer to go from the pier in Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport ? If so, do you recall the price per person? And also, how did you book it? We leave in a few weeks but can't see a link to book it. Or does that happen on board? Thanks, grams98

Have your TA add it or if you booked direct call Princess to add.

You can also book onboard.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

You can purchase Princess transfers at the tour desk on board. Depending on your timing I would suggest one of the group shuttles, like Super Shuttle and others. Princess charges $19/pp for a transfer to Ft. Lauderdale Airport which is a 10 min drive. This same transfer by private taxi cost right around $20 for two people. Easier, more private, quicker, and less expensive. I don't really know the cost to Miami airport, but would speculate that it is in the $29/pp range. A private taxi to Miami airport is in the $75 range + tip. A group shuttle should be in the $20/pp range. Taxis and shuttles are at the pier and they can be pre-reserved.

There is also this company we have used several times between FLL/MIA....

https://fortlauderdaletransfers.com/

I found it in my cruise personalizer, under the flight and transfer tab. It said from Miami to port is $24, I would think other way would be about the same.

Did you book direct with Princess?

Mine says must be arranged through the TA.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The person is looking for Port everglades to Miami airport.

If you are disembarking on a week-end, give yourself plenty of time.

I am not trying to be "sour grapes" here but travel time showing on Mapquest etc. is not REAL travel time in Florida:D There are bike rallys, motorcycle rallys, runners, walkers, street fairs:D

Cab From FLL to MIA approx. $75.00 - SAS is great, just have your cell phone charged and ready - you have to call Steve when you are off the ship-he will tell you where to find your van.

Actually, if you call SAS, the are incredibly aware of Florida events and will tell you when you have to be off of the ship.

Check prices with SAS Transfer, too...might be less than thru the ship!

Last I checked SAS Transport does not go between FLL and the miami airport. It does go to the Port of Miami. Thing s change so checking is probably not a bad idea

Edited by Rala
typo

Be aware of how many ships are docking at Fort Lauderdale. When we pulled in, there were 8 other ships and taxis were at a premium. We were # 6 in the Holland America taxi line and waited 2.5 hours (I kid you not!) for a taxi. The man handling the taxi stand tried desperately to get vans to take multiple people out of the line to get to MIA. We were just going to a FLL hotel so offered to share our taxi with another hotel-bound couple just behind us who were in a horrible dispute with line-jumpers - it was awful - I felt sorry for all involved. By the time we left in our taxi, there were over 200 people waiting in line! I suggest that you find out how many ships will be in with you, and if it looks like a problem, (a) make an advance reservation with a private service, or (b) take the ship's transfer. I never want to go through anything like that ever again. There were almost fist fights breaking out....

Good Luck

Marcia

It's been a couple years since I sailed into Fort Lauderdale, but I had a super long wait for a cab the last time. I had a late flight, so I decided to linger on the ship for awhile in the morning. When I went out to catch a cab to the FLL airport there were over 100 people in line waiting. I am not exaggerating. It was horrible. The person in charge of the line would pull big groups out for vans and smaller groups would have to wait longer. I got to the airport in plenty of time, but I had to wait for a really long time to get to the front of the line. There were a lot of ships in port that day. This year, I'm going to MIA and I think I'm just going to do the Princess transfer. I know you sit on the bus and wait for it to be filled, but that would be better than waiting in the taxi line.

It's been a couple years since I sailed into Fort Lauderdale, but I had a super long wait for a cab the last time. I had a late flight, so I decided to linger on the ship for awhile in the morning. When I went out to catch a cab to the FLL airport there were over 100 people in line waiting. I am not exaggerating. It was horrible. The person in charge of the line would pull big groups out for vans and smaller groups would have to wait longer. I got to the airport in plenty of time, but I had to wait for a really long time to get to the front of the line. There were a lot of ships in port that day. This year, I'm going to MIA and I think I'm just going to do the Princess transfer. I know you sit on the bus and wait for it to be filled, but that would be better than waiting in the taxi line.

We are flying to Miami and taking the Princess transfer to FLL in Oct. It was actually better for us to fly to Miami than FLL. I am not too worried about the transfer we have used their service before and the buses fill pretty quickly.