Fight At Carnivals Guys Burgers

Rottweiler Puppy

I hate to say it but these things happen way too often on Carnival. I've seen at least one, if not more, fight on every Carnival cruise I have taken. Never seen anything remotely similar on other lines.

I agree with you on this CCL attracts a greater % of people that do not how to act in public. The higher scale cruise lines you do not see fights.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

I hate to say it but these things happen way too often on Carnival. I've seen at least one, if not more, fight on every Carnival cruise I have taken. Never seen anything remotely similar on other lines.

Then keep on the other lines so there will be no more fights on Carnival:eek:

Intersting. 23 Carnival cruises and have never seen a fight.

Pat

No you didn't. Atlanta Cruiser said it's only on Carnival:D

and I guess he must be right.

what I don't get is that you would think there were enough hamburgers to go around:)...can't imagine someone fighting over one

so yes, maybe only Carnival has hamburgers that good, but I have never seen it either.

and I guess he must be right.

what I don't get is that you would think there were enough hamburgers to go around:)...can't imagine someone fighting over one

so yes, maybe only Carnival has hamburgers that good, but I have never seen it either.

I read somewhere else that the women knew each other and the fight only happened in the burger line, but was about something else that had happened between them earlier.

I read somewhere else that the women knew each other and the fight only happened in the burger line, but was about something else that had happened between them earlier.

It doesn't matter what the reason was - there is no excuse for such behavior.

We have seen several fights on Carnival, but never on RCCL, Princess or MSC. It made us rethink some upcoming vacation plans and we cancelled the Breeze and will sail RCCL Liberty of the Seas instead.

Over the years my wife & I have witnessed many fights & arguments when sailing. The majority of them have taken place in the dance clubs late in the evening.

However, during our last cruise the fights were a little outrageous. We were on a B2B aboard the Breeze for a 14-day sailing from May 17th to May 31st. 2015.

We witnessed four fights during the 1st leg of the sailing; the 6-day from May 17th to May 23rd there were:

2 fist fights in the dance club

1 fist fight in the MDR

1 fist fight in the show longe (2 women)

All fights were broken up quickly. One of the fights in the dance club was fairly intense, a lot of blood, one passenger was placed in the brig, one confined to their cabin, and were put off the ship at the next port.

The fight in the MDR however took many passengers to break up, but was done so within a couple minutes. That took place on the last evening of the 1st leg, security outside their cabin door, confined to cabin, and the other passenger in the brig for the damages he did in the dining room. Not a nice way to spend your last evening aboard a cruise in which you spent a lot of money & time planning.

The passengers involved in the other 2 fights were permitted to continue with their cruise.

A security officer I got to know during my 14 days aboard the Breeze told me that the brig on the ship holds 6 passengers, and that fights, arguments & vandalism are extremely common late in the evening. Mostly alcohol fueled.

During our 2nd leg of the sailing, the 8 day sailing from May 23rd to May 31st there were no fights at all.

And I have to say:

6 day sailing May 17 to 23

Empty dining room most evenings, full buffet.

Elegant evenings, well, not many passengers participated.

A lot of rude behavior.

8 day sailing May 23 to May 31

Full dining room every evening. Buffet was a ghost town.

Elegant evenings seemed as if the entire ship participated.

During non-elegant evenings many passengers dressed in shirts with ties, dresses, etc..

Witnessed no rude behavior. Even children were saying, "excuse me".

The 6 day was an intense party atmosphere.

The 8 day was an intense happy celebration atmosphere.

It was like night & day!

We were so happy when the 6-day passengers disembarked.

Edited by ObstructedView2

Only fights I've ever seen on a cruise ship were between kids, and don't think I've even seen that on CCL (I remember one on RCCL and a few on DCL between kids).

I heard last week that we recently had a fight at our local High End Grocery Store Chain (Edit: 100% Sustenance you may call the place) recently break out in front of the deli section. It's not like there's any "avoiding" people who get into a fight per se, in my opinion and it's not the responsibility of the establishment itself. How the establishment deals with it matters, of course, but that's unknown in this case (video).

Everyone should cruise where they like, of course, but I think it's silly to suggest CCL ships are teeming with fights and that it's a big issue for most cruisers, as some people in this thread are doing. I certainly won't avoid Whole Foods because of my worry of fights!

Edited by berrieh

It doesn't matter what the reason was - there is no excuse for such behavior.

We have seen several fights on Carnival, but never on RCCL, Princess or MSC. It made us rethink some upcoming vacation plans and we cancelled the Breeze and will sail RCCL Liberty of the Seas instead.

I don't condone it either and agree there was no excuse. A number of people in more than one thread here and elsewhere seem to think it was over the burgers. I was simply clarifying that it wasn't :)