Southampton roadworks

wilson2579

Has anyone got any updates on the roadworks in Southampton. We will be going to the Ocean terminal on Friday morning and wondering what the best route to take into Southampton as we will be coming from Basingstoke first thing in the morning. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

I haven't had any issues driving in but there can be delays getting out again! On the day we drove to join Oriana at the QEII terminal the road works were suspended for the day as Oceana was at Ocean. Coming home to Ocean Terminal the cars leaving the car park were held up in favour of cars arriving causing chaos later on.

The one good thing Trish is that Oriana is the only ship in the Eastern Docks on both Friday & Monday, with a small ship each day in the Western Docks. The main works as I understand it are currently in front of Dock Gate 4 - the one we all need.

The one good thing Trish is that Oriana is the only ship in the Eastern Docks on both Friday & Monday, with a small ship each day in the Western Docks. The main works as I understand it are currently in front of Dock Gate 4 - the one we all need.

I saw that for Friday but do you realise we are coming back on Sunday and not Monday:eek: I would have likes an extra day:cool:

We're leaving from the City terminal in August. Do the roadworks affect traffic to and from there as well?

Debbie

It depends which Dock Gate you are asked to enter from. It may affect you a little if you have to use Gate 8 rather than 10.

It depends which Dock Gate you are asked to enter from. It may affect you a little if you have to use Gate 8 rather than 10.

But regardless if you look at your road map you can enter at the western end of the docks and follow Herbet 'somthing' avenue to miss out all of West Quay too.

I'm a tad confused by the map, Dock gate 4 is for inbound traffic only and access to public car parks is via dock gate 5!

How do you get out!

Dock gate 4 is currently used for inbound and outbound traffic. The intent of the roadworks is to make gate 4 inbound only and gate 5 outbound. The road outside is also being widened.

Brian

I saw that for Friday but do you realise we are coming back on Sunday and not Monday:eek: I would have likes an extra day:cool:

Whoops - wishful thinking obviously. Yes, still only one small ship on Sunday too. I don't know why they haven't utilised the Mayflower Terminal when there is nothing in there on our dates.

Whoops - wishful thinking obviously. Yes, still only one small ship on Sunday too. I don't know why they haven't utilised the Mayflower Terminal when there is nothing in there on our dates.

I was thinking the same Andrew. Hope you have a safe journey tomorrow.:cool:

I'm a tad confused by the map, Dock gate 4 is for inbound traffic only and access to public car parks is via dock gate 5!

How do you get out!

Dock gate 4 inbound, Dock gate 5 outbound also inbound to public car park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But regardless if you look at your road map you can enter at the western end of the docks and follow Herbet 'somthing' avenue to miss out all of West Quay too.

Yes- I know you CAN, but last time two ships were in Mayflower and City, you were not allowed to! It depends on which way they want the traffic flow to go.

Mayflower is currently under refurbishment Andrew.

Hi brit boy,s the mayflower term has had a refit and new conveyor belt,s over winter to convey more case,s to the ship eg the like,s of AZURA and VENTURA and the Prinncess cruiser,s are to big for the terminal and the case,s just pile up against the wall it start,s operation 19th April first cruiser Oceana hope this help,s have a good cruise

Yes- I know you CAN, but last time two ships were in Mayflower and City, you were not allowed to! It depends on which way they want the traffic flow to go.

That's interesting Saron, perhaps I need to check in more detail before I set off next time! Never had a problem to date but must admit I haven't taken into account the number of ships in.