Restaurant Recommendations For Dinner Near Buckingham Palace

Keith,

I recommend Green's Restaurant and Oyster Bar in the St. James area...pretty close to Buckingham Palace.

I though the food was very good, excellent atmosphere, relatively quiet and very good service. It's pricey but I didn't feel it was outrageous.

greens.org.uk

Nancy

The immediate area around Buckingham Palace isn't really where you would go out to dinner. Take a number 38 bus from outside Victoria station and get off in Shaftesbury Avenue. On the left hand side you have Soho, on the right China Town and a very short walk away Covent Garden. Here you will find all the restaurants you want at varying prices.

It will take about 10 minutes on the bus to get there. Have a look on Opentable or Timeout for some ideas. Kettners is one of London's oldest restaurants and is reasonably priced.

We are no more than a five minute walk from Buckingham Palace.
We still don't know, though, in which direction. If you're 5 minutes from the Palace in the direction of Wilton Road, then it's a pleasant and undemanding stroll over to these restaurants. If you're 5 minutes from the Palace in the other direction, walking to them will be a long and tedious process.

But you can Google the full postcode to bring up an accurate map of the location.

We still don't know, though, in which direction. If you're 5 minutes from the Palace in the direction of Wilton Road, then it's a pleasant and undemanding stroll over to these restaurants. If you're 5 minutes from the Palace in the other direction, walking to them will be a long and tedious process.

But you can Google the full postcode to bring up an accurate map of the location.

Thank you so much for your help.

We are staying at Hotel 41 at 41 Buckingham Palace Road

Keith

Last summer we stayed at the Holiday Inn Mayfair, there was a really good Italian restaurant just around the corner on Piccadilly across the street from the Ritz, not sure of the name but easy to find and good food. When are you there? We leave in two weeks and will likely be in the same area I can check on the name.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes it is Quilon which is one of the restaurants attached to the St James Court (used to be The Crowne Plaza) to which I was referring in my earlier post, they also have Bank and Bistro and they are all excellent. They do set menus so it is worth checking if you don't want to overspend.