Flying in the night before...late.

nursepixie

My friend and I are flying in to FLL at 11:05 PM the night before the cruise, and our hotel shuttle will not be running at that time. Are taxis really outrageous price wise?? The hotel isn't far from the airport. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend and I are flying in to FLL at 11:05 PM the night before the cruise, and our hotel shuttle will not be running at that time. Are taxis really outrageous price wise?? The hotel isn't far from the airport. Thanks

should cost about $10-$15 depending on which hotel. Most hotels are pretty close.

Bill

We've always taken a cab from the airport. Most of the hotels are within the cab's $15.00 range. In February, we stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas which is the furthest we stayed. It was $25 for about a 6 mile ride.

Thank you all.....I have booked a shuttle from the hotel to port for $26 for both of us with MJS shuttle. My main concern was from the airport to the hotel.....looks like, with taxifarefinder it'll be about $16 with tip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all.....I have booked a shuttle from the hotel to port for $26 for both of us with MJS shuttle. My main concern was from the airport to the hotel.....looks like, with taxifarefinder it'll be about $16 with tip.

I prefer a cab over a shuttle to the port. Sometimes you get stuck waiting for the shuttle to fill up before they bring you over. If you're paying $16 to get to your hotel, you'd pay about the same from the hotel to the port.

I prefer a cab over a shuttle to the port. Sometimes you get stuck waiting for the shuttle to fill up before they bring you over. If you're paying $16 to get to your hotel, you'd pay about the same from the hotel to the port.

From FL to Port of Miami?

My advice would be is to stay at a hotel close to the airport and take a cab, there's a few hotels that offer free shuttle to the cruise port.

We're at La Quinta inn east , free shuttle to the cruise port .

Have you stayed here? It is remote and not in the best area. Only a restaurant next door for food, if you don't have a car. A Burger King a couple blocks away, but no side walks on some very busy highways.

Only good for an overnight, frankly.

Now that you let us know that pertinent information where is the hotel you are staying at, in Fll or Mia?

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I'm staying at econo Iodge Hollywood in fll....not far from the airport.

Edited by nursepixie

Make sure you tell the hotel that you will be a late arrival. Hotels book close to if not full capacity in that area and if you are a late arrival they may think you aren't showing up and sell your room to somebody else.

They actually can re-rent it even if you booked through Priceline. There is something in the small print about arrival by a certain time- if I recall correctly. Any time you are arriving late it's best to take the time to let them specifically know you are coming in late. Better to be safe than sorry! :-)