4 people to an inside cabin on Escape?

Sooo, to keep our costs down, DH, MIL, DD7 and I are going to attempt to share an inside cabin. Those of you who have sailed the BA/GA in the same configuration, how did you make it work?

We will likely have to separate the bed into two so MIL doesn't have to climb the bunk bed.

Did you all take "shifts" when getting ready? For example, 2 people go back to the room at 4pm, then the other 2 came back at 5pm? DH doesn't see how it can work.

Unless the cabins go lower in price then we could get two insides...

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

I don't know about these cabins, but on my last cruise we did 4 in a cabin (outside but not balcony), and it was ok. We were all girls so didn't really need to do shifts as happy to just lounge around on beds while getting ready, although we did naturally start staggering getting back to cabins to start getting ready.

We've done 3 in cabin lots and sometimes asked the steward to leave the bunk down so we could all nap before dinner! This time we ended up top to tail if we wanted a nap ;-).

It may be cosy but it don't half bring the cost down doesn't it!

I've done it multiple times. Not on Escape, but on Jewel Class and other older ships.

Please don't let all the people who say it is terrible and you should just get 2 cabins. You know your budget, you know what you are getting into.

It will be tight, but shifts will pretty naturally occur in your family as you do activities and enjoy all the ship has to offer.

Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time!

Sooo, to keep our costs down, DH, MIL, DD7 and I are going to attempt to share an inside cabin. Those of you who have sailed the BA/GA in the same configuration, how did you make it work?

We will likely have to separate the bed into two so MIL doesn't have to climb the bunk bed.

Did you all take "shifts" when getting ready? For example, 2 people go back to the room at 4pm, then the other 2 came back at 5pm? DH doesn't see how it can work.

Unless the cabins go lower in price then we could get two insides...

Only because you asked, it doesn't work.

Only because you asked, it doesn't work.

We have done it with three. It worked out fine. The shift showering worked. We had a balcony though, which was almost like have an extra room to hang out while someone else was showering.

We've always done four in a cabin from insides to balconies and it's never been an issue. (My 2 ds's dh & me) We have one person start getting ready at a time. Sometimes I get ready first then I'd leave the boys and they'd meet me somewhere in deck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Take a look at the family oceanview category 01 staterooms . .

they will actually sleep 5. Two in bed (or beds), two on couch that turns into bed and one in bed that drops from ceiling. Nice roomy bathroom with long sink with two faucets, bathtub, two closets. Here is a youtube video that shows all beds. Your MIL could do well on the couch bed and daughter would probably love the upper bed.

Also see this thread for some additional photo

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983281

We would lose the KSF pricing if we did two cabins, but I will be keeping an eye out as the Escape launches.

Thanks for your input, folks!

You got a great deal then!

While your cabin situation is not ideal you will just make it work

Pack minimalist!!!!!!

And as long as all of you can get along on land it might be ok

But I really suggest that you seriously low key the "getting ready" part of this cruise

For example if you are just leaving the ship for a port day that does not involve the beach...but just a bus tour perhaps....and you are up and showered and good to go for a 9 am excursion.....and then maybe afterward just a little shopping around the port etc

And return to your ship at all aboard

If you didn't have a strenuous sweaty beach day do all of you need to go thru the shower...dressing....get ready for dinner routine?

Are you in the habit of showering and changing for dinner at home?

Point is that you really might be able to just dress for the day at 9 am.....and be done with it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Book a studio for MIL.

Read the previous posts....

While your suggestion is a good one....

It totally defeats the ops plan as they have a ksf deal so 4 pax are cruising but only 2 are paying

You got a great deal then!

While your cabin situation is not ideal you will just make it work

Pack minimalist!!!!!!

And as long as all of you can get along on land it might be ok

But I really suggest that you seriously low key the "getting ready" part of this cruise

For example if you are just leaving the ship for a port day that does not involve the beach...but just a bus tour perhaps....and you are up and showered and good to go for a 9 am excursion.....and then maybe afterward just a little shopping around the port etc

And return to your ship at all aboard

If you didn't have a strenuous sweaty beach day do all of you need to go thru the shower...dressing....get ready for dinner routine?

Are you in the habit of showering and changing for dinner at home?

Point is that you really might be able to just dress for the day at 9 am.....and be done with it

Oh, definitely HAVE to shower before dinner, etc. I hate that feeling of sweat/sunscreen/sand at the end of the day.

MIL says she needs "light" for her cabin, but unless she plans on being in the cabin ALL DAY, it doesn't even matter! DH and I had a disabled Aft-facing balcony for our last cruise, which was a huge cabin, but I told him to suck it up for the sake of cost!

I think he is spoiled now with that one!

I guess I will have to wait to see how the prices fluctuate in 2016 and maybe we can get a nice upgrade for nothing or minimal cost. On a new ship, I highly doubt that will happen though.

Oh, definitely HAVE to shower before dinner, etc. I hate that feeling of sweat/sunscreen/sand at the end of the day.

I'm the same way, but I generally won't shower in the morning. I haven't sweated or done anything to get grimy since I showered the previous evening before dinner. Besides, I am generally going to be hanging by the pool, or doing a physical activity at a port - neither are anything that require me to be freshly showered and all fixed up.

So same difference. If you can each limit showering to once per day, it will reduce it to 4 showers per day instead of 8.

OMG seriously!! :eek: I can't go without a shower before going to dinner either.

Edited by SissasMomE

I'm the same way, but I generally won't shower in the morning. I haven't sweated or done anything to get grimy since I showered the previous evening before dinner. Besides, I am generally going to be hanging by the pool, or doing a physical activity at a port - neither are anything that require me to be freshly showered and all fixed up.

I won't shower in the morning either. I'm too eager to get my day started and need to hit the pool deck early to get my lounger :)

MIL says she needs "light" for her cabin, but unless she plans on being in the cabin ALL DAY, it doesn't even matter! DH and I had a disabled Aft-facing balcony for our last cruise, which was a huge cabin, but I told him to suck it up for the sake of cost!

I think he is spoiled now with that one!

I guess I will have to wait to see how the prices fluctuate in 2016 and maybe we can get a nice upgrade for nothing or minimal cost. On a new ship, I highly doubt that will happen though.

I only suggested not showering for dinner if you didn't have a sweaty sunscreen type of day

OMG seriously!! :eek: I can't go without a shower before going to dinner either.

Even if all you did all day was peruse the ship on a seaday and you took a morning shower?