Newest American Table Menus

PinaCarada

Thanks for posting those!

Anyone else starving now? I'm ready to place my order, but choosing will be difficult! I want one of each!

I'm happy to see all my favorites there (the chilled fruit soups, escargot & conch fritters), and thrilled to see selections relevant to the ports.

You're all very welcome :D

I'm sorry that I don't know more about them - as for when they are going to be rolled out to each ship and if these are the final menus, etc. I think they look great, and are a good compromise between some of the old favorites and new dishes. And there's a TON of options! It looks like the "Beards" really listened to some of the feedback about the earlier drafts of the menus and adjusted in a good way.

CatgirlNC -

Also, at one point, I thought they were serving certain appetizers “for the table” style, but then they went back to just serving everything individually. Can anyone clarify on that?

All appetizers were individual. The only change was the table got a basket of assorted bread. Thankfully no more waiting for the waiter to come.

Edited by ray98

All appetizers were individual. The only change was the table got a basket of assorted bread. Thankfully no more waiting for the waiter to come.

Thanks! That's what I thought. And a bread basket at the table sounds great. I always feel rushed choosing a type of bread when the waiter is standing there.

pssst...it's because some people just like to b*tch! :rolleyes::D

That's extremely rude. I don't like these new menus. It's NOT because I like to bitch it's because these meals and flavors don't appeal to me or I just do not like them already. I find these menus to be heavy on seafood and pasta both of which I do not eat (I eat seafood but only wild caught and I am sure all of this is farmed).

I have also don't understand the whole order a separate side dish but them some of the items are described with a side already. I think the new menus are confusing and I do find the appetizer and dessert choices lacking.

These are my opinions only.

I have also don't understand the whole order a separate side dish but them some of the items are described with a side already.

That part isn't new. There were already sides listed on the Everyday part of the menu, under the main entrees. I think they're just extra options that people can request with their meals. The night I ordered the chicken breast, I was craving white rice, so I ordered that from the sides menu. It came in addition to the side (potatoes, I think) that was already plated on the dish as part of the chicken meal.

That part isn't new. There were already sides listed on the Everyday part of the menu, under the main entrees. I think they're just extra options that people can request with their meals. The night I ordered the chicken breast, I was craving white rice, so I ordered that from the sides menu. It came in addition to the side (potatoes, I think) that was already plated on the dish as part of the chicken meal.

I keep reading here and on FB that the entrees are just the protein (or pasta) and then you choose whatever side(s) you want. Some entrees are listed with something like potatoes but then some have nothing listed. I am just wondering how you know if you already get a side. I won't order extra food because I don't like to waste. Of course I may be just eating a baked potato many nights as I don't like the offerings.

That's extremely rude. I don't like these new menus. It's NOT because I like to bitch it's because these meals and flavors don't appeal to me or I just do not like them already. I find these menus to be heavy on seafood and pasta both of which I do not eat (I eat seafood but only wild caught and I am sure all of this is farmed).

I have also don't understand the whole order a separate side dish but them some of the items are described with a side already. I think the new menus are confusing and I do find the appetizer and dessert choices lacking.

These are my opinions only.

You have every right to your opinion, so I am just trying to understand. What are the dishes from the old menus that are missing from the new menus that you are missing so much? There is at least one, sometimes more, meat/poultry dishes offered every night, not counting the everyday chicken, steak, and pork offerings. As a long time Carnival cruiser, since 1985, I have seen quite a few menu changes. IMHO, the current "old" menu has run it's course, and it's time for a new one.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the menus.

It is truly appreciated .

I can't wait to try the new items. So many delicious choices.

I hope this new menu will be on The Freedom before my May cruise.

These are so much better than before. If these stick around in some form until next year I'll be one happy customer

100% agree. We had the 'old' new menus in their second week of existence. These are much, much better.

The only thing I am sad about is that I did not see the ribs there anymore. I liked them but they were only served on Elegant night and no way was I going to try and eat ribs all dressed up! Sad to not see them on the menus, but as mentioned we are not sure that these are the final menus being rolled out.

Have to say that I am a very picky eater and not very inclined to try new things, but i can easily find something each and every day to eat. I liked being able to order separate sides as I try to eat healthier and it is nice to add extra veggies and skip the starch sometimes.

Pinacarada, thanks so much for taking the time to post these new menus. It looks to me like there is plenty of choice, and I hope that they will be on my cruise in October. I really like the port of call option too. Thanks again:)

Thank you so much for posting this. Very interesting and I can't wait to try this food.

I am a bit confused about the port of call menu- are these 2 entrees or sides or what? Can I get the tortilla soup AND the tacos AND an entree? Has anyone had experience with this?

Thank you so much for posting these new menus....very nice:D

I now have a question about the seafood offerings....it still seems that the only fish offered daily is the salmon.....

Unfortunately, we are completely tired of salmon or talapia.:( We were wondering if we could ask if there was another fish available, could we request it in the MDR at dinner?

We love mahi-mahi, red snapper, etc. and all firm, white fish, and would love to be able to know something other than salmon could be offered...

Good morning everyone!

JH just announced the list of the next ships to receive the American Table menu. Here they are, in order:

• Carnival Magic
  • Carnival Triumph
  • Carnival Dream
  • Carnival Pride
  • Carnival Conquest
  • Carnival Splendor
  • Carnival Miracle
  • Carnival Sunshine

He said that he does not have specific dates yet but will share them when he does.

Edited by almendrada

Good morning everyone!

JH just announced the list of the next ships to receive the American Table menu. Here they are, in order:

• Carnival Magic
  • Carnival Triumph
  • Carnival Dream
  • Carnival Pride
  • Carnival Conquest
  • Carnival Splendor
  • Carnival Miracle
  • Carnival Sunshine

He said that he does not have specific dates yet but will share them when he does.

Great news! Thanks. Seems that the Conquest will have the new menus by our cruise in October. Looking forward to that.