Layover

Muumuu

Of course, it depends somewhat on your airline/flights (and thus terminal), but I personally wouldn't even consider anything under 2 hours. Last time we connected at LHR - on BA, thus all T5 - we had a 3-hour connection going, which I found quite comfortable - enough time to have a leisurely breakfast and find our departure gate, but not so long as to be bored stiff.

Don't have flight booked yet. but about how long a layover is a comfortable time frame at LHR for a seasoned citizen with slightly slow walk?

From where to where and which airline(s)? It really matters at LHR.

USA-LHR-DUB is much different from AMS-LHR-MAD, etc.

Similarly, Air Canada to Lufthansa is different from BA to BA.

The real issue with LHR and BA is what terminals are involved. We are going EWR to AMS via LHR in Sept on BA. EWR to LHR arrives in T5, LHR to AMS is also in T5 so I feel comfortable with 2 hours to connect. We were in LHR last June and it took us almost an hour just to walk from the front counter to the gate when DW was on crutches. The line for wheel chairs and moblity help was longer than the security lines so we walked, well she hobbled... Bottom line is you need to see what terminals are involved and build from there but I would never allow less than 2 hours. Planes do arrive late at times..

Not asking for someone to research it just best layover time allotted
That's an impossible question to answer, because nobody has any idea what you mean by "best".

Some people will think that "best" = "shortest time between flights so I can get to my destination as quickly as possible".

Some people will think that "best" = "longest time between flights so I can drink the free champagne in the lounge".

And it's not a question of anyone researching this. Some of us will know the answers off the tops of our heads; LHR is one of my home airports. But we can't give any advice if we have no idea what you're planning on doing - hence the requests for more information (which is currently not forthcoming).

Depends on what your tolerance for risk is, especially if you have to switch terminals and aren't capable of moving at top speed. If you're travelling economy class, then that will delay you in getting off the plane. And, then you have to account for whether or not you have to pick up your checked baggage and check in for the connecting flight.

It all depends on your specific arrangements. Once you are looking at specific flights, then it will be easier to answer your question.

Our last time through LHR, our flight was delayed leaving BCN by a thunderstorm, it wasn't a long delay - 30 minutes. Didn't bother us because I had booked the later flight to YYZ so we would still have 4 hours to kill. One of the couples on the flight had booked the earlier flight, so they weren't feeling good about their 2 hour layover being shortened to 1.5 hrs with a change of terminals and going back through security to look forward to.

It all depends on your specific arrangements. Once you are looking at specific flights, then it will be easier to answer your question.
Unfortunately, asking for further details from the OP seems to have become a futile exercise.

As you say, without any further details, we can't give any useful advice.