Silhouette review 3/8-15

derekjp47

We just returned from the Silhouette March 8 western sailing and it was outstanding. We have taken the cruise three years in a row and the ship looks just as good now as it did the first time. Boarding was a piece of cake, twenty minutes from pier to buffet. We ate in select dining every night and it was outstanding, no need to spend extra for specialty restaurants. We also had the classic drink package and once again experienced great service everywhere on the ship. The entertainment was terrific, and Richard Spacey has to be the best CD on any ship, he is a trip. Walk off debarkation was also easy, drove out of the parking garage at 7:38. We love this ship and the staff and can't see how anyone can have any complaints, looking forward to trying the Equinox on our next cruise.

Edited by derekjp47
Spelling

The entertainment was terrific, .

This is wonderful news. Sailing on the Silhouette in a couple of weeks. :)

I've sailed on the Reflection & Summit. Let's just say the entertainment wasn't good to speak of. :cool: Celebrity really needs to improve in this area. ;)

How was the weather?

On the cool side? Water temps?

We were on this same cruise and agree with the OP that just about everything on Silhouette was fantastic. Service is still wonderful and the ship looks practically brand new. Only minor complaint was the sea day "brunch" up in the Oceanview Cafe. The food was awful, no I mean, really awful. Cannot figure out why as the buffet the rest of the week had been perfectly acceptable. foods that should have been hot were mostly room temperature and even the supposedly "spicy" offerings were bland to the point of almost tasteless.

Otherwise we had a terrific week and still love the X product. So much so we booked Reflection for next year while on board.

We also just got off the Silhouette and had a fabulous cruise. The ship is beautiful, food was great and loved having the beverage package. We dined one evening at the Tuscan Grill to celebrate our daughter's summer internship and thought is was superb. Can't wait to sail on the Silhouette again and already checking it out.

I failed to mention that I witnessed many men being turned away from the MDR on formal night because they didn't have a coat. Some who I saw needed more than a coat to comply. It's nice to see them enforcing a standard of dress for formal night.

Edited by derekjp47

We were also on the March 8 cruise and had a wonderful cruise; beautiful ship, attentive staff, good food, easy to use classic beverage package, nice fellow passengers. We hope to sail again on the Silhouette in the future..

Thanks for the review. I just booked this week for March 2016. Do you have any photos of the ship you can share?

I have lots, but your best view is to go to you tube and review the videos, much better perspective.