A question for Elite+ travelling on Azamara.

portofrome

This is a stupid question but I'm just curious. I printed my Edoc for my October cruise on the Azamara Quest and checking my status on it, I just see the E (not E+ as I supposed) in the blue square close to my name. Being my first cruise ever as elite plus, is it normal or are they missing a +?

Elite status in Celebrity's Captain's Club equates to Discoverer status in Azamara's Le Club Voyage, Elite Plus status in Captain's Club equates to Discoverer Plus status in Le Club Voyage, and Zenith status in Captain's Club equates to Discoverer Platinum status in Le Club Voyage...

Azamara created their new membership levels just after Celebrity changed its Captain's Club last November but, fact is, they haven't yet defined what the new membership tiers mean in terms of enhanced benefits; all members having Discover status or higher are getting the same benefits... You'll find a lengthy thread--it's toward the top of the list; I saw it earlier today--related to the whole matter...

I have Elite Plus status with Celebrity and did a back-to-back cruise on Journey in February... And though I don't recall what coding was on my Xpress Pass, it worked just fine in terms of getting me Discoverer level benefits--the highest Azamara currently offers--on Azamara... Unless something has changed very recently, you should also be prepared for the fact that Azamara was--and I'd guess, still is-- unable to print the new, higher LCV membership levels on Sea Pass cards...

At the end of the day and until/unless the matter gets resolved, I wouldn't much worry about Xpress Pass coding or membership citation on one's Sea Pass card... I'd familiarize myself with the benefits associated with LCV Discoverer membership on Azamara's website and--after confirming that your Welcome Letter from the LCV Hostess outlines them properly--wouldn't much worry about the nomenclature...

Much to the consternation of many, the issue has gone on way too long...

Edited by Xport

This is a stupid question but I'm just curious. I printed my Edoc for my October cruise on the Azamara Quest and checking my status on it, I just see the E (not E+ as I supposed) in the blue square close to my name. Being my first cruise ever as elite plus, is it normal or are they missing a +?

Last week on Quest our boarding passes and onboard cards did not show our status. When we got to our room, the letter gave us the benefits of Discoverer, there was nothing additional for plus and the benefits were less than we had had on Journey last month for an equivalent seven night cruise where there was an additional drinks event with Senior Officers and a morning brunch in Prime C. Journey also gave us a laundry voucher each but Quest did not.

Not big issues, we were as I say only on 7 nights so laundry was not an issue and we had no need for drinks, though it might have been nice to have met the LCV hostess Jesse, she was not as visible as Sarah Lou and seemed very busy with other tasks, the extra events on Journey gave the hostess more opportunity to get to know guests.

I think the other thread highlights that Azamara are perhaps really struggling to know how to do something extra for Plus and Zenith guests especially on shorter cruises - it's not easy

Edited by uktog

Having found out on Journey over the past couple of months it would seem that if you are Discover Plus or Discoverer Platinum the system that prints the Sea Passes cannot take account of this and therefore just leaves the LCV status blank on your card rather than defaulting to Discoverer. If you go back and have it added as is requested in the LCV letter it will only print as far as Discoverer and doesn't distinguish Plus or Platinum. I had Discoverer added a couple of times, but then didn't bother and it wasn't an issue.

Phil

Last week on Quest our boarding passes and onboard cards did not show our status. When we got to our room, the letter gave us the benefits of Discoverer, there was nothing additional for plus and the benefits were less than we had had on Journey last month for an equivalent seven night cruise where there was an additional drinks event with Senior Officers and a morning brunch in Prime C. Journey also gave us a laundry voucher each but Quest did not.

Not big issues, we were as I say only on 7 nights so laundry was not an issue and we had no need for drinks, though it might have been nice to have met the LCV hostess Jesse, she was not as visible as Sarah Lou and seemed very busy with other tasks, the extra events on Journey gave the hostess more opportunity to get to know guests.

I think the other thread highlights that Azamara are perhaps really struggling to know how to do something extra for Plus and Zenith guests especially on shorter cruises - it's not easy

Hello Ann,

I hope you had a lovely week on Quest.

We are thinking of booking an extra cruise on Quest in September. While I have no expectation that they will have sorted out Discoverer Plus benefits by then I would like a laundry coupon as we had on our 7 night cruise on Journey in May.

As you say it is not a huge deal on a 7 night cruise but it is quite nice to go home with some clean clothes. I believe one free laundry bag is a Discoverer benefit so I guess if we book I will ask Jesse for it.

Hello Ann,

I hope you had a lovely week on Quest.

We are thinking of booking an extra cruise on Quest in September. While I have no expectation that they will have sorted out Discoverer Plus benefits by then I would like a laundry coupon as we had on our 7 night cruise on Journey in May.

As you say it is not a huge deal on a 7 night cruise but it is quite nice to go home with some clean clothes. I believe one free laundry bag is a Discoverer benefit so I guess if we book I will ask Jesse for it.

To be clear we had one voucher between the two of us for the cruise, not two as on Journey, sorry if I gave the impression we had no voucher.

It was a good week, any time on Azamara has to be good!

Here's what the Le Club Voyage benefits list says:

Discoverer-member get-together with senior officers (Voyages of 10 nights or more. This event may be changed or combined with the Explorer party due to busy port schedules.)

One complimentary bag of laundry (dry cleaning excluded) per week per stateroom

Here's what the Le Club Voyage benefits list says:

Discoverer-member get-together with senior officers (Voyages of 10 nights or more. This event may be changed or combined with the Explorer party due to busy port schedules.)

One complimentary bag of laundry (dry cleaning excluded) per week per stateroom

Indeed, I was aware of that, however I was posting that there was differences between the two ships

Indeed, I was aware of that, however I was posting that there was differences between the two ships
I don't understand the "differences." You were on a 7-night cruise on Quest and were given one free laundry certificate per stateroom. We were on three longer-than-7-night cruises on Journey and were given two laundry certificates per stateroom on each cruise. That seems consistent with the policy I quoted above.

You were on a less-than-10-night cruise on Quest so there was no Discoverer brunch with senior officers. We were on three longer-than-10-night cruises on Journey so each cruise offered a Discoverer brunch with senior officers.

All of that seems consistent with the policies I cited above.

Edited by marinaro44

I don't understand the "differences." You were on a 7-night cruise on Quest and were given one free laundry certificate per stateroom. We were on three longer-than-7-night cruises on Journey and were given two laundry certificates per stateroom on each cruise. That seems consistent with the policy I quoted above.

You were on a less-than-10-night cruise on Quest so there was no Discoverer brunch with senior officers. We were on three longer-than-10-night cruises on Journey so each cruise offered a Discoverer brunch with senior officers.

All of that seems consistent with the policies I cited above.

I am referring to my post 5 where there were inconsistencies between our experiences within a month on two 7 night cruises, one in which we were given one voucher each, the other we were given one voucher per stateroom, on one we had a brunch on the other we did not - my post was not about your cruises. Yes one ship followed policy as quoted the other did not, as a guest you can guess which approach we preferred

Edited by uktog

They used to give one free bag of laundry per week per person, not per stateroom.

What if two unrelated people are sharing a stateroom, even two friends. Maybe they do not want to put their laundry together in the same bag.

based on the spring TA on Quest this year. We are Elite Plus on X...we had no status on the card on AZ...but a sticker placed on the back of the card...that basically showed that we were Discoverer Plus...but at that time...and I believe now still...does not allow you to receive any additional benefits other than Discoverer. They are ...in my opinion...and I think for many others here on CC...a day late...and almost 9 months late in the "delivery" of the "new" benefits.....LuAnn