Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

Thanks for the link

It would be hard to believe that they would have a different standard for this ship vs Quantum. I did just call C & A and for what it is worth they went to check and came back and said that JS would have access to the Coastal Kitchen. So probably will just have to wait until I get onboard for the final answer. I hope I like it:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the link

It would be hard to believe that they would have a different standard for this ship vs Quantum. I did just call C & A and for what it is worth they went to check and came back and said that JS would have access to the Coastal Kitchen. So probably will just have to wait until I get onboard for the final answer. I hope I like it:)

i wish you luck, we have a JS in april

Thanks for the link

I'll put my bets on you.:):)

It would make sense, especially if they are moving in a new direction.

Another way of looking at it is that by allowing Junior Suites (and up) to use the Coastal Kitchen it will help take some of the load off the Windjammer (especially now that they have added new cabins to the Oasis).

If Diamond Plus are not included in the suite lounge on Oasis class there should be room for junior suite guests. If that is the case, that should be a workable plan. If so, I hope that means access to the concierge lounge will be limited to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. That would be the best of both worlds. Suite guests with suite guests and frequent cruisers with frequent cruisers. Contrary to what some people here think and say there are an awful lot of Diamonds and above that go to the lounges more for the social aspect than the alcohol. Personally I have met quite a few fantastic people in the lounges and have become close friends with a number of them.

The Suite lounge on Oasis will not be open to JS . Which is consistent with the Quantum ships. But the Coastal Kitchen has a good possibility of being open to the JS

Didn't someone post the only thing consistent was inconsistency. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The Suite lounge on Oasis will not be open to JS . Which is consistent with the Quantum ships. But the Coastal Kitchen has a good possibility of being open to the JS

The official Royal Caribbean flyer states otherwise. I'm on my phone so I can't post the link. But I posted it in the oasis concierge lounge thread. The suite lounge on Oasis and Allure will only be for grand suites and higher and pinnacle club guests. In other words, it is a gold card area only. This includes coastal kitchen.

The official Royal Caribbean flyer states otherwise. I'm on my phone so I can't post the link. But I posted it in the oasis concierge lounge thread. The suite lounge on Oasis and Allure will only be for grand suites and higher and pinnacle club guests. In other words, it is a gold card area only. This includes coastal kitchen.

Oh, this is that thread. LOL....Tapatalk issues along with old eyes. :)

from the Oasis deck plan…..

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste.

Edited by beachnative

Indeed. All flyers, deck plans, announcements state that CK on Oasis and Allure will only be for Suites and Pinnacle guests. Additionally, all the same state that the Suite Lounge is only for Grand Suites and above, and does not state Pinnacle.

D+, P, and GS+ may all go to the CL. Mostly my guess for this is that the CL Concierge will remain the concierge for D+, P, and GS+, and rather than having to be in two places, they can stay at the desk in the CL.

Indeed. All flyers, deck plans, announcements state that CK on Oasis and Allure will only be for Suites and Pinnacle guests. Additionally, all the same state that the Suite Lounge is only for Grand Suites and above, and does not state Pinnacle.

D+, P, and GS+ may all go to the CL. Mostly my guess for this is that the CL Concierge will remain the concierge for D+, P, and GS+, and rather than having to be in two places, they can stay at the desk in the CL.

Maybe they will add a suite concierge

Maybe they will add a suite concierge

The Concierge Lounge concierge is called the "suites concierge" and some emails require that it be stated so to distinguish them from the Diamond Concierge.

If suites have continued access to the Concierge Lounge there is no need for another suites concierge….there are ALREADY TWO of them in the Oasis and Allure Concierge Lounges. There is no need for a concierge in the Suites Lounge…suite guests can use their services in the CL. However, it might be nice to split the two suites concierges and keep one on deck 11 and send the other to deck 17. There is absolutely no need for a third one.

I predict that Pinnacles will be allowed to enjoy in the "Suites Lounge". Their key has to be programed to open the Coastal Kitchen door and the Coastal Kitchen is the same room as the Suites Lounge. That makes sense.

Edited by beachnative

The Concierge Lounge concierge is called the "suites concierge" and some email s require that it be stated so.

I predict that Pinnacles will be allowed to sit in the "Suites Lounge". Their key has to be programed to open the Coastal Kitchen door and the Coastal Kitchen is the same room as the Suites Lounge.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf

Pinnacles are allowed in the Suites lounge/

coastal resturant

Edited by irishgal432

I'll put my bets on you.:):)

It would make sense, especially if they are moving in a new direction.

Another way of looking at it is that by allowing Junior Suites (and up) to use the Coastal Kitchen it will help take some of the load off the Windjammer (especially now that they have added new cabins to the Oasis).

Thanks for the link

If it's a key access area then I doubt a JS key will work. I also doubt they are going to allow a JS into the area since it's combined with the "suite lounge" area. I don't think they are going to have someone standing at the door to open it for a JS or someone watching to see if they are going to the suite lounge or a meal.

It's also very possible that someone at C&A is reading from a generic coastal kitchen information sheet that was created for Quantum. It wouldn't be the first time they had no idea what they are talking about.

The Quantum Coastal Kitchen isn't being combined with a suite lounge so they could have different rules. It's not like all ships have gone by the same rules all along.

Gina

The Concierge Lounge concierge is called the "suites concierge" and some emails require that it be stated so to distinguish them from the Diamond Concierge.

If suites have continued access to the Concierge Lounge there is no need for another suites concierge….there are ALREADY TWO of them in the Oasis and Allure Concierge Lounges. There is no need for a concierge in the Suites Lounge…suite guests can use their services in the CL. However, it might be nice to split the two suites concierges and keep one on deck 11 and send the other to deck 17. There is absolutely no need for a third one.

I predict that Pinnacles will be allowed to enjoy in the "Suites Lounge". Their key has to be programed to open the Coastal Kitchen door and the Coastal Kitchen is the same room as the Suites Lounge. That makes sense.

Maybe they should put one in each location. I would think suite guests hav slightly different needs and expectations than loyalty guests

Maybe they should put one in each location. I would think suite guests hav slightly different needs and expectations than loyalty guests

Actually they really don't if the suite guest has cruised a lot (there are plenty of suite guests that are either Pinnacle or D+).

However if the suite guess is a novice cruiser they are usually clueless as to what is available and how to accomplish something or either they want the concierge to hold their hand throughout the cruise.:cool:

Splitting the concierges and putting one on deck 11 and one on deck 17 would make it easier for all of us to reach them.

Edited by beachnative

Actually they really don't if the suite guest has cruised a lot (there are plenty of suite guests that are either Pinnacle or D+).

However if the suite guess is a novice cruiser they are usually clueless as to what is available and how to accomplish something or either they want the concierge to hold their hand throughout the cruise.:cool:

Splitting the concierges and putting one on deck 11 and one on deck 17 would make it easier for all of us to reach them.

The deck 11 lounge is going away. The entire area will become Wonderland. There is no chance a restaurant will fit in the location of a one table Chef's Table which is over the CL. The library is on the deck below the Chef's Table with the former and apparently temporary CL. If the library is being incorporated into Wonderland, it can't be without the full CL going with it.

Those on board now should be able to tell us what is going on with access at this time. Maybe the wifi isn't working that well. ;) Or they are just too busy exploring all the new areas.

Gina

Here is a PDF of the current deck plans as sent to travel agencies today from RCI Sales and Trade support and services.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Oasis_v2013_sep_profile_1535.pdf

It doesn't require all the cache clearing people seem to need to do with the website and it can be saved to a file.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf

Pinnacles are allowed in the Suites lounge/coastal resturant

Indeed I see in this FAQ a bullet in the "New for Suite Guests": "Pinnacle members are invited to enjoy these exclusive amenities" So this does indicate that the Suite lounge (despite the text on the deck plans) that the entire space is available to Pinnacles as well.

Edit: that same FAQ indicates that DD will begin on March 14th, 2015.

Edited by 3dog
Discovered more information

The deck 11 lounge is going away. The entire area will become Wonderland. There is no chance a restaurant will fit in the location of a one table Chef's Table which is over the CL. The library is on the deck below the Chef's Table with the former and apparently temporary CL. If the library is being incorporated into Wonderland, it can't be without the full CL going with it.

There is nothing I've found to support this but a belief that it couldn't fit. I cannot answer to how the space outside the upper space of the CL was utilized before, but there appeared to be some that might have been annexed to make a larger space. From my memory of the space, as well as drawings on the deck plans (which really shouldn't expected to be accurate), during dinner hours the lower space could well stay as a lounge, and the upper space for the restaurant, with the library mostly becoming access for the (for-fee) restaurant.

Current reports suggest that the CL is still under construction, so it is also possible that we won't get a better report about this change till after the TA or the beginning of the next cruise.

Those on board now should be able to tell us what is going on with access at this time. Maybe the wifi isn't working that well. ;) Or they are just too busy exploring all the new areas.

Gina

So, in your opinion, will a Concierge Lounge become a thing of the past on the Oasis. If not, where will one be placed.

Just curious.

There is nothing I've found to support this but a belief that it couldn't fit. I cannot answer to how the space outside the upper space of the CL was utilized before, but there appeared to be some that might have been annexed to make a larger space. From my memory of the space, as well as drawings on the deck plans (which really shouldn't expected to be accurate), during dinner hours the lower space could well stay as a lounge, and the upper space for the restaurant, with the library mostly becoming access for the (for-fee) restaurant.

Current reports suggest that the CL is still under construction, so it is also possible that we won't get a better report about this change till after the TA or the beginning of the next cruise.

I've eaten at The Chef's Table 3 times on Oasis. The library already was the the welcome area for Chef's Table. And no, there is not room up there for more than a table where one was already and 2 or 3 small ones over on the side. It would not be a great place to eat with all the noise coming from the CL below. That's why Chef's Table began at 7:30pm. The lounge noise was lower by then and gone by 8:30pm.

The infrastructure is all that is supposed to be installed for Wonderland right now. It isn't supposed to be converted to the actual restaurant until early 2015. Or so I've heard from sources on board. I'd be very surprised if they didn't know what they were talking about.

From my experience with the space, there's just no way to fit a restaurant upstairs only.

Maybe the current cruisers will share more details soon.

Gina

So, in your opinion, will a Concierge Lounge become a thing of the past on the Oasis. If not, where will one be placed.

Just curious.

This is a good question. We do have those 3 vouchers a night for some reason. And I would never think it was out of the kindness of RCI's corporate heart just so we could enjoy drinks outside with our non-access friends. I suspect it was a transition period.

Maybe D+ will have the option of the DL or just use those 3 vouchers. That would be my opinion only. If they were to allow D+ into the suite lounge, it would definitely mess things up for the suite guest access only to Coastal Kitchen. So that's all I can figure. DL or noL for D+. Now this does not come from a source....just what it would appear to me. :)

Gina

This is a good question. We do have those 3 vouchers a night for some reason. And I would never think it was out of the kindness of RCI's corporate heart just so we could enjoy drinks outside with our non-access friends. I suspect it was a transition period.

Maybe D+ will have the option of the DL or just use those 3 vouchers. That would be my opinion only. If they were to allow D+ into the suite lounge, it would definitely mess things up for the suite guest access only to Coastal Kitchen. So that's all I can figure. DL or noL for D+. Now this does not come from a source....just what it would appear to me. :)

Gina

These conceptual exercises are fun.:)

As Pinnacles we would probably have access to both lounges and still be able to use our 3 vouchers. :)

I would miss being able to hang out in a lounge with friends rather than have to formulate a plan for meeting somewhere to recreate the CL atmosphere while using the 3 vouchers.;)

However, if the tread will be the removal of Concierge Lounges, I would think they would have not designated one on the Quantum.

(PS….see you there soon.)

Edited by beachnative