Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

My opinion, based on ZERO inside information or contact with anyone who would know:p is that there will continue to be a CL on the Oasis and Allure. It doesn't make sense that they would write a new description for it and have it on all the deck plans if it was going to cease to exist. It also doesn't make sense to me that one of the Flagships and most expensive ships in the fleet would take away an amenity that's available on "lesser" ships. My prediction is that they are repurposing/dividing the space in a way that we haven't thought of. I hope we're all pleasantly surprised when the space is completed.

Just my 2 cents worth!

I've eaten at The Chef's Table 3 times on Oasis. The library already was the the welcome area for Chef's Table. And no, there is not room up there for more than a table where one was already and 2 or 3 small ones over on the side. It would not be a great place to eat with all the noise coming from the CL below. That's why Chef's Table began at 7:30pm. The lounge noise was lower by then and gone by 8:30pm.

I too have eaten at the Chef's Table a couple of times on both Oasis and Allure. Though where the "table" was could probably only handle three 4-person tables (though the table *did* seat 16), there were double tables all around the railing (strictly by memory, maybe six), at least 1 4-person table to one side, and a couple of at-least 4-person tables to the other (I took many photos, so I should be able to verify). In addition, there was a wall to port and a wall forward of the table that contained some unknown amount non-public space. If this were repurposed to restaurant space, it could quite easily seat 50 people, and possibly more if the space were decently optimized. Probably just right for Wonderland.

These conceptual exercises are fun.:)

As Pinnacles we would probably have access to both lounges and still be able to use our 3 vouchers. :)

I would miss being able to hang out in a lounge with friends rather than have to formulate a plan for meeting somewhere to recreate the CL atmosphere while using the 3 vouchers.;)

However, if the tread will be the removal of Concierge Lounges, I would think they would have not designated one on the Quantum.

(PS….see you there soon.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see that CL ripped right out of Quantum on the way to Asia at the same time they take out Mamma Mia. All that work - just to move it over to Allure in May. They'll spend what it takes to make the people happy in Asia even if it means eliminating much of what went into the ship just to make it more high stakes table friendly. Or maybe they'd be more likely to rip out the DL. They probably don't need more than one concierge and lounge for that purpose on a ship they plan to keep in Asia.

It does sound as if PC will have 3 options at this point on the OA class of ships. We've been using the 3 voucher option. It's just as easy to meet friends outside at a designated bar. That's simple to set up on the roll calls just as people do with the unofficial M&Ms. And there is a whole world of potential friends out there. People tend to pick a bar and gravitate to it each night at the same time. So it's no different than the CL, or so that's how we've found it to be. Friends come at all C&A levels. :)

You know how some D+ just go to the DL because of their D friends? The same thing can be done at any bar. All we need to do is say, "see you there".

So many people say they really want access to that coffee machine. It's not that crowded in the DL in the morning when most people just walk in for coffee and leave. D and D+ will have no trouble with doing that.

I can see it working this way. Who knows what RCI sees? They change policies so often it's hard to keep up.

Gina

My opinion, based on ZERO inside information or contact with anyone who would know:p is that there will continue to be a CL on the Oasis and Allure. It doesn't make sense that they would write a new description for it and have it on all the deck plans if it was going to cease to exist. It also doesn't make sense to me that one of the Flagships and most expensive ships in the fleet would take away an amenity that's available on "lesser" ships. My prediction is that they are repurposing/dividing the space in a way that we haven't thought of. I hope we're all pleasantly surprised when the space is completed.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Agree completely. I don't see the CL going anywhere anytime soon.

Only surprised that I don't see the library being replaced somewhere else, unless I have missed it somewhere.

I too have eaten at the Chef's Table a couple of times on both Oasis and Allure. Though where the "table" was could probably only handle three 4-person tables (though the table *did* seat 16), there were double tables all around the railing (strictly by memory, maybe six), at least 1 4-person table to one side, and a couple of at-least 4-person tables to the other (I took many photos, so I should be able to verify). In addition, there was a wall to port and a wall forward of the table that contained some unknown amount non-public space. If this were repurposed to restaurant space, it could quite easily seat 50 people, and possibly more if the space were decently optimized. Probably just right for Wonderland.

I disagree with your estimates. There is a railing between the long table and the back window with just enough room to walk between the rail and the chairs at the table. The starboard side space isn't that roomy and it would be very cramped with that many tables. The stairs take up all the space on the port side - remember the window faces backwards. They could rip out the stairs and fill in the opening over the CL to create more space. That would close in deck 11 and give it a low ceiling. That would be very drastic, but it could be done.

I don't see it happening that way at all.

If Wonderland isn't to be ready until March 2015, then there is plenty of time to find out the details of what is happening to the CL at that time.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Here is a PDF of the current deck plans as sent to travel agencies today from RCI Sales and Trade support and services.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Oasis_v2013_sep_profile_1535.pdf

It doesn't require all the cache clearing people seem to need to do with the website and it can be saved to a file.

I noticed they said the new GS only have one sink. I wonder will they still have a tub???

I enjoyed the quiet reading place;)

Going back to my thoughts on CL not going anywhere

if you go to RC official website it clearly states CL and DL and suite lounge.

They all still exist at this point. Wonderland isn't going live until March 2015.

About that website, they still show rooms that are so outdated using the old fashioned blue bedspreads. They also show photos of a junior suite when booking a grand suite or owner's suite. I've always wondered if they don't realize they might be losing a few bookings based on their website photos.

Gina

They all still exist at this point. Wonderland isn't going live until March 2015.

About that website, they still show rooms that are so outdated using the old fashioned blue bedspreads. They also show photos of a junior suite when booking a grand suite or owner's suite. I've always wondered if they don't realize they might be losing a few bookings based on their website photos.

Gina

It was updated today as they updated the Allure page as well as they announced the same re DD on there and the upcoming enhancements. It has info about the new suite lounge and coastal so I am taking it that it is accurate in regards to lounges. (I am referring to general info page)

Edited by Spurschick

I disagree with your estimates.

You are welcome to, but...

ChefsTable2.jpg.a1d0f1be29852119f169bc7cf7dfcaf6.jpg

Clearly there are tables at the railing and there is space between the Chef's Table and those tables (probably only passage for one person, but not unusual in a restaurant). I can easily envision four 4-person tables in the space where the Chef's Table is, and if you look in the background, the two 4-person tables are pushed together, and can easily handle another 4-person table in the remaining space.

Sorry to say, I don't have a picture from behind me, but as the table is centered in the middle of the window, there will be some space behind me (as I also recall, definitely not as much as on the other side) and there is at least 10' (probably more like 20'+) from the wall behind the waiter and the wall enclosing the entire space (again, not sure what that space is for, but clever repurposing still potentially allows 50).

The deck 11 lounge is going away. The entire area will become Wonderland. There is no chance a restaurant will fit in the location of a one table Chef's Table which is over the CL. The library is on the deck below the Chef's Table with the former and apparently temporary CL. If the library is being incorporated into Wonderland, it can't be without the full CL going with it.

Those on board now should be able to tell us what is going on with access at this time. Maybe the wifi isn't working that well. ;) Or they are just too busy exploring all the new areas.

Gina

I can't imagine Wonderland a very large venue. More of a niche restaurant for foodies. But, that's just me talking

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you all are probably right. I can envision Wonderland having a lovely concierge lounge view so people can enjoy all the noise of an overcrowded lounge during their wonderful celebratory meal. I now feel very sorry for those that choose a dining time before 8:30pm.

Description from RCI. Highlighting is mine.

Wonderland — Imaginative Cuisine — An elaborate feast for the senses in a setting where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes, inventing a dreamscape of never-before-seen fare. This imaginative cuisine will be the perfect setting for celebratory dinners beginning in March of 2015 aboard Oasis of the Seas® and May 2015 on Allure of the Seas®

Gina

This drives me MAD. I have a cabin booked still showing the cabin from the 1990s - and it's a suite!!

As for Wonderland, the thread of the person posting current pictures has the "coming soon" sign of wonderland and it just shows one table. Definitely need more info on this to understand the future of the CL. Hopefully others will be able to find out what the plan is onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you all are probably right. I can envision Wonderland having a lovely concierge lounge view so people can enjoy all the noise of an overcrowded lounge during their wonderful celebratory meal.

Don't get me wrong, I have some of the same concerns, as I have been in the CL at times when it has been on the noisy side. I was mostly suggesting that there is space for a small restaurant. Whether it will be intimate enough, I will reserve judgment till either I try it, or see reviews of those that have.

This drives me MAD. I have a cabin booked still showing the cabin from the 1990s - and it's a suite!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've always wondered how much easier it would be for them to book their Owner's Suites if the pictures weren't all of Junior Suites with checked bedspreads?:confused::rolleyes:

Back to the lounge/Wonderland...I wonder if it would be possible to put up a glass wall so that the upstairs would still have the view without the noise?

Just thinking out loud...I'll be interested to see what they're doing. I'll give Royal Caribbean credit when it comes to renovations they usually do a pretty good job of fitting things in and making them seem like they belong there.

Yes, you all are probably right. I can envision Wonderland having a lovely concierge lounge view so people can enjoy all the noise of an overcrowded lounge during their wonderful celebratory meal. I now feel very sorry for those that choose a dining time before 8:30pm.

Description from RCI. Highlighting is mine.

Wonderland — Imaginative Cuisine — An elaborate feast for the senses in a setting where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes, inventing a dreamscape of never-before-seen fare. This imaginative cuisine will be the perfect setting for celebratory dinners beginning in March of 2015 aboard Oasis of the Seas® and May 2015 on Allure of the Seas®

I've never heard a complaint about CL noise from anyone doing a Chefs table have you? It is possible that I missed folks complaining.

How about the upstairs be the CL and the downstairs be Wonderland?

If it stuck with the current set up then CL guests would have to walk through the restaurant during their meal. That would lose the intimate feel pretty quick. Now if they were able to add another entrance from deck 12 you mght be onto something.

One other concern no one has mentioned is the noise from Dazzles. We happened to stop by the CL for a coffee on board the Allure recently, and the music from Dazzles was fairly loud. It was not particularly late either. Would probably have to schedule later evening programming once Wonderland had closed. Don't think eating in this touted upscale experience would be conducive to a definite bass beat. ;)

I've never heard a complaint about CL noise from anyone doing a Chefs table have you? It is possible that I missed folks complaining.

Not any official complaints that I've heard. But I've noticed the noise myself. Since Chef's Table starts at 7:30 the noise goes away very quickly. The noisiest time in the CL tends to be up until early seating and even until 7 when most MTD people have left the lounge. Wonderland will likely be open much earlier than Chef's Table.

For the record, Wonderland WILL take both floors but not until early 2015. The only way this won't happen is if they change what is already planned which isn't likely. I do not know if there will be a CL and I did not ask this of the person who told me about the change.

Gina

Not any official complaints that I've heard. But I've noticed the noise myself. Since Chef's Table starts at 7:30 the noise goes away very quickly. The noisiest time in the CL tends to be up until early seating and even until 7 when most MTD people have left the lounge. Wonderland will likely be open much earlier than Chef's Table.

For the record, Wonderland WILL take both floors but not until early 2015. The only way this won't happen is if they change what is already planned which isn't likely. I do not know if there will be a CL and I did not ask this of the person who told me about the change.

Gina

Seems the existing space is to large for a restaurant that may only have 60 guests. I just see it as a late night escape. No early bird specials here. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just in from my DH: Wonderland will take up all of the former Concierge Lounge. Suite Lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacle only. Diamond and Diamond+ are "limited" to the new Diamond Lounge.

steamboats

Odd that they would label the space "Concierge Club & Wonderland" on the deck plans. Not that they have ever had any mis-information on the website.