Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

Indeed, they can do what they choose, as it is their ship.

As for cabins, I'm not sure I would want one of those on deck 11, being just above Dazzles.

But if the CL moved to deck 17, the old spot would be a good location to move the crowded DL (or maybe keep the CL there and move the DL to deck 17).

These are just rumors, though. I will wait for official announcements or deck plans (will be able to see in person this spring, though).

It is a bit of a puzzle right now. Will have to wait and see when the dust settles to see what changes have been made.

We are sailing on Oasis for Thanksgiving. I picked two room right near the CL. I am sailing with my 80 year old mom and she can't walk very far. She loved going into the CL for breakfast, lunch and pre dinner drinks.

Does anyone know if breakfast and lunch will be served when it moves to the Viking Lounge?

I might end up trying to move rooms.

On the upside I LOVE the views from the Viking.

Kathy

We are sailing on Oasis for Thanksgiving. I picked two room right near the CL. I am sailing with my 80 year old mom and she can't walk very far. She loved going into the CL for breakfast, lunch and pre dinner drinks.

Does anyone know if breakfast and lunch will be served when it moves to the Viking Lounge?

I might end up trying to move rooms.

On the upside I LOVE the views from the Viking.

Kathy

The CL will be up in the Viking Crown, so will be accessible via the same elevator bank than was very near the old CL.

Edited by clarea

The CL will be up in the Viking Crown, so will be accessible via the same elevator bank than was very near the old CL.

Thanks for the info. Was trying to pull up deck plans on their website - but believe it or not the website is having issues.

Kathy

Just wondering......

A previous poster stated that the "grand" restuarant will provide upscale meals and require a formal attire for guests..................................... and is complimentary.......................................................................

I cannot believe RCI will not charge for this experience.

If its free I will book now, or when becomes available.

If there is a charge I will wait for reviews to see if it is worth it.

Not cheap, but would select another pay to eat place if this is not worth it.

Sea Ya

Just wondering......

A previous poster stated that the "grand" restuarant will provide upscale meals and require a formal attire for guests..................................... and is complimentary.......................................................................

I cannot believe RCI will not charge for this experience....

Accoring to Royal's website, Grande is one of the free venues, as least initially.

For what it is worth, am currently on Oasis and have talked to Concierge and Head Waiter and others on board:

1. The "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 aft will become aqua suites like decks 8-10

2. The Diamond Lounge, currently on deck 6 above the promenade, will be moved to where one of the private

dining areas ( Port side deck 4) reside. Its space will be renovated into a suite

3. The Concierge lounge, currently on deck 11, will be moved to where the Viking Crown Room currently exists. Its space will be converted into “Grande” a upscale restaurant for suite guests only. Chef’s Table will cease.

4. Pinnacle chapel and lounge will become two Royal Suites

5. Izumi will be relocated to deck 4 - the starboard side private dining rooms (and make some space for the Windjammer on deck 16 which will be greatly expanded)

6. Seafood Shack is replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant (e.g.,Navigator)

7. The Main Dining Room will be decked over and prepared for Dynamic Dining but Dynamic Dining will not actually be launched until February. Instead Decks 3 and 4 will become Mytime Dining while Deck 5 will retain traditional dining.

8. Cupcake Cupboard will be converted to a retail shop

9. the Donut Shop will be replaced by the Boardwalk Doghouse. Donuts, though, will still be available on the Boardwalk, like Allure, across from its present location in a self serve mode

10. Most interestingly, the ship will be actually cut so an entirely new engine can replace on

Excellent, it all sounds great. Looking forward to all the changes

Seems like everyone got a different information onboard...

We were told that Izumi is going down to a private dining room on deck 4 and the other will become a new Teppanyaki restaurant.

I doubt that the current DL will become a suite as that´ll be the first inside suite ever (or have a balcony facing the Royal Promenade).

I also doubt that the current CL will be turned into cabins... We were told it´ll be a suite restaurant (Coastal Kitchen).

BTW, don´t worry about a restaurant on deck 11. We´ve been on deck 9 in cabin 9666 which faces the staircase directly. Dazzles was really loud and pretty well heard in the staircase. Nothing in our cabin!!

steamboats

It's all very interesting and regardless of what happens I am looking forward to our cruise next July. Have sailed on Oasis in 2010 but this time we are in a crown loft suite. With all these upcoming changes and the suite it will seem like a new ship. Very excited.mi guess that's the purpose for updates. I will however miss the "secret aft balconies" during sailaway.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by rogers417

I'm probably in the minority here but I was less than impressed with the CL on Allure. It wasn't a comfortable lounge and the view wasn't that impressive either.

View from CL on Voyager and Mariner (and likely Indy and Navigator) probably even less impressive. :D

View from CL on Voyager and Mariner (and likely Indy and Navigator) probably even less impressive. :D

No doubt. Don't get me wrong, they are great ships. I just don't think the Oasis Class lived up to it's billing in that one area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got off the phone with C&A, because I caught a great price on an upgrade from a GS to an L1!:) While I was on the phone, the agent verified the CL is being moved, but she wouldn't confirm the new location.:rolleyes: I also asked about breakfast and lunch in the CL for our cruise in November, and she said all benefits will remain the same.

No doubt. Don't get me wrong, they are great ships. I just don't think the Oasis Class lived up to it's billing in that one area.

I'm of a different opinion. In 2009, it was the largest of the CL's and had the most "perks". And other than Radiance, the only other CL with a view. Oasis was also the first ship that had a DL. Though it will be full at 6pm, one could usually find a place to sit and enjoy some view with a cocktail, not usually possible on Radiance ships (though with the move of the CL to deck 10, this has likely changed, I just haven't sailed on a Radiance ship that has had this change - though my last Radiance sailing was a mere month before she went to dry dock for an update).

If any failed to live up to a billing, it was in RCI's failure to believe how large it's loyalty program can get (there are a large number of D+ members that will compete with a large number of suite customers for that space).

I'm of a different opinion. In 2009, it was the largest of the CL's and had the most "perks". And other than Radiance, the only other CL with a view. Oasis was also the first ship that had a DL. Though it will be full at 6pm, one could usually find a place to sit and enjoy some view with a cocktail, not usually possible on Radiance ships (though with the move of the CL to deck 10, this has likely changed, I just haven't sailed on a Radiance ship that has had this change - though my last Radiance sailing was a mere month before she went to dry dock for an update).

If any failed to live up to a billing, it was in RCI's failure to believe how large it's loyalty program can get (there are a large number of D+ members that will compete with a large number of suite customers for that space).

Finding a seat in the CL was never an issue and my anticipations were from reading this board not anything Royal put out. In my humble opinion, despite not having a view, the service and comfort in the CL was much better on the Freedom Class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got off the phone with C&A, because I caught a great price on an upgrade from a GS to an L1!:) While I was on the phone, the agent verified the CL is being moved, but she wouldn't confirm the new location.:rolleyes: I also asked about breakfast and lunch in the CL for our cruise in November, and she said all benefits will remain the same.
I would believe a room steward before an RCI CSA.:rolleyes: LOL

9. the Donut Shop will be replaced by the Boardwalk Doghouse. Donuts, though, will still be available on the Boardwalk, like Allure, across from its present location in a self serve mode

This is the most significant change. I like Allure better for the sole fact they have the doghouse.

I love cupcakes, I was looking forward to trying the Cupcake Cupboard. Are they not selling well?

Is that why they are getting rid of it?

Probably not making as much money as they think an alternative can do in that space.

Oasis was also the first ship that had a DL.

I believe Freedom was actually the first ship with a DL.

I love the DL on Oasis and Allure despite not having an ocean view, but they're just too darn small. The fact that there are so many weeks that they simply cannot use it and have to bury the HH in the dungenous Blaze -- which I happen to enjoy as a nightclub but not so much as a HH facility -- is evidence that they really need a larger space.

Can someone who's been in that Deck 4 restaurant annex that's allegedly turning into a DL speak as to how large it is? I can picture it from the outside but never went in. So long as it has more space and ocean views I think it'll be a winner in that location.

Edited by Dave85