Johnny Rockets adapted for Quantum

MADflyer

Johnny Rockets has changed its concept for the Quantum of the Seas.

They are now an 'a la carte' take away restaurant. While they still have seating, they do not offer table service and orders are placed at the counter and taken by the guest.

I am sure someone will post the menu soon.

Sides are priced at $1.50 (Fries, Onion Rings, Cheese Fries)

Hamburgers are priced at $2.50 (Original, #12, Route 66 and Smoke House)

Sandwiches are also $2.50 (BLT, Hot Dog and Chicken)

Apple Pie Slice is $1.50, a la mode additional $.50

Beverages were always with fee and packages are respected for soda.

Salads and the ice cream sundae are gone.

11:30 AM to 7:00 PM opening hours and no breakfast on Quantum.

No indication if this will be implemented on other ships in the future.

Will a 15% gratuity be mandatory since it is now counter service and not table service? I won't pay a gratuity for McDonald's style service.

I would bet that 15% is added.

I would also guess that the tip will be added. Not to change the subject, but I won't be surprised if the 15% will also be added at the bionic bar!

Edited by 3CatsInMA

Less expensive for someone who just wants the burger. Sorry to see breakfast not continued from Oasis class..

I agree about breakfast. We enjoyed having that option on the Allure a couple of years ago !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Johnny Rockets has changed its concept for the Quantum of the Seas.

They are now an 'a la carte' take away restaurant. While they still have seating, they do not offer table service and orders are placed at the counter and taken by the guest.

I am sure someone will post the menu soon.

Sides are priced at $1.50 (Fries, Onion Rings, Cheese Fries)

Hamburgers are priced at $2.50 (Original, #12, Route 66 and Smoke House)

Sandwiches are also $2.50 (BLT, Hot Dog and Chicken)

Apple Pie Slice is $1.50, a la mode additional $.50

Beverages were always with fee and packages are respected for soda.

Salads and the ice cream sundae are gone.

11:30 AM to 7:00 PM opening hours and no breakfast on Quantum.

No indication if this will be implemented on other ships in the future.

Sorry to see that breakfast isn't being offered. Do you know if they have stopped offering their milk shakes? I see that you are saying that their ice cream sundaes are gone.

This is one that I am very sad about....it was one of our Fav places for a nice made to order Breakfast, late night dining, loved the singing from the wait staff, and now everything is ala carte, prices still not bad but why make another venue pay to order, I hope they don't bring this "nonsense" to the other classes of ships, my son won't be happy bout this one......why or why did they have to mess with JR? :o :(

10710530_10152372083436767_5855671788141778195_n.jpg?oh=59a8016c52c993c3050fb9d1f6b76a4d&oe=54E7634B&__gda__=1423374079_3c756d7a44270a13a962fc35d2b53651

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

I have to say, I don't like the fact that it's no longer a sit down service, but the pricing is better. We'll save a lot of money. I believe the current price is $5.95 per person, so for the three of us that's $17.85 plus we get 4 milk shakes using the BoGo coupon, but that's not relevant in this comparison.

We always seem to get the same things, 3 burgers (type varies by person) which are now $2.50, a side of onion ring and fries that they usually refill once which would now be $1.50 times 2, and force ourselves to try to eat a sundae at the end which I guess we wouldn't now. So the sundaes aren't too big a loss, though they were good, but we would now pay just $10.50 for the same food. That's a nearly 40% savings and IMO picking up our own food is not a 40% loss. I have to agree though that if we are picking our own food up we should not have to pay a gratuity since it's no different than the people making the food at the Dog House or any other complimentary dining venue.

Any idea if they will still,offer "shake of the day" flavors? I never ordered the "regular" but did enjoy one if I caught peanut butter as "flavor of the day".

Never heard of those before, what kind of flavors have they had? I've only known vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.

I have to say, I don't like the fact that it's no longer a sit down service, but the pricing is better. We'll save a lot of money. I believe the current price is $5.95 per person, so for the three of us that's $17.85 plus we get 4 milk shakes using the BoGo coupon, but that's not relevant in this comparison.

We always seem to get the same things, 3 burgers (type varies by person) which are now $2.50, a side of onion ring and fries that they usually refill once which would now be $1.50 times 2, and force ourselves to try to eat a sundae at the end which I guess we wouldn't now. So the sundaes aren't too big a loss, though they were good, but we would now pay just $10.50 for the same food. That's a nearly 40% savings and IMO picking up our own food is not a 40% loss. I have to agree though that if we are picking our own food up we should not have to pay a gratuity since it's no different than the people making the food at the Dog House or any other complimentary dining venue.

I agree with you about the savings. But, I believe the cover charge is $4.95pp.

A 15% Gratuity is added. For a hamburger and side at $4.00 and $.60 gratuity it almost comes to the previous price of $4.95. I think I did notice the fee on Oasis was $5.95 on last month's TA.

The guest is given a voice pager that calls one back to the counter to collect the order, allowing the guest to be seated and wait.

The order is served in fast food packaging with sides in single serve boxes and sandwiches wrapped and given in a paper bag with order stapled at the top.

While this does allow for a higher volume of orders, the venue has certainly lost some of it's charm with this change.

While I understand that Quantum threads were in the 'Countdown to Quantum' section prior to this maiden voyage, with Dynamic Dining possibly going fleet-wide I think all Quantum changes are now possible indicators for what may be happening in the future on all RCI ships and that is why I put this thread originally on the main RCI thread.

Actually this would make a visit more expensive for us. Wasn't dessert included in the cover charge before? And once you paid you could eat as much as you want. My DH is a big eater and would usually order a burger as well as another sandwich. And we always had dessert. Now, with no table service, we probably won't visit JR on this ship.