Free Beverages & To Go Cups?

Hdnwaters

Okay, I know one way or another you have to pay for soft drinks, bottled water, speciality coffee, & alcohol.

In the dining rooms, tea, water, lemonade, milk, & "syrup" coffee is included with your meal.

Here is my question, if in the middle of the afternoon, I want a glass of tea, water, or lemonade, where can I go get one. Also, can I get a "go cup" to take back to the cabin? I guess there is always room service but if I'm out & about it would be easy to pick up somewhere.

First cruise questions! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Hdnwaters

On all my cruises I have carried iced tea back to my cabin from the Horizon Court in the plastic tumblers provided there. The room steward takes them away at the next service. No second thought required.

If you do purchase a coffee card for the fresh brewed coffee from the International Cafe or the 15 specialty coffees from the IC, bars and restaurants, you can ask for a takeaway cup rather than a china one.

No take away cups at the buffet. Use the plastic cups they have there. The I.C. has take away cups. Ask for a cup of hot water there and use your own tea bag or one from the buffet. FYI: The Royal & Regal do not have the coffee from liquid concentrate. It is prepared from ground coffee.

I bought the Soda and More Package and have found the included insulated cup with drinking straw invaluable-I find I'm drinking more consistently and no longer have cramps from thirst and dehydration.

I found it very cost competitive compared to buying canned sodas, much safer moving around with a covered cup than an opened can of drink-I have multiple handicaps and use a Rollator for safer mobility.

I'm planning my next cruise, and the Soda and More Package was 3rd on the list, behind Booking the Cruise and International Travel Insurance-even on a coastal cruise in Australia I should have Medical Insurance, Medicare doesn't cover cruise ships. I taught my TA that, I'd read the brochure VERY thoroughly before I made my booking.

Do enjoy yourself, the 1st time is SO exciting!

Can you make a cocktail in your room then carry it to the MDR?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course you can. No one will give it a second glance & they'll never know if there's liquor in it or not. We sometimes carry our own wine & sometimes our own cocktail.

They'll even carry it to your table for you. :D