Room Service

Eric2005

There is no charge for room service-you do have to sign for alcohol. You can order off the menu card for breakfast and specify the time. Even if I have not left an order card, I have found that when I call for breakfast, they are very prompt-and if there is a slight delay they will tell you; and in my experience the stewards are invariably polite.:)

Just be warned - with breakfast they don't knock and come in. You have to actually get out of bed to open the door for them. Not a problem if you know but a bit irritating that first morning when you call out "come in" increasingly loudly and nothing happens!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just be warned - with breakfast they don't knock and come in. You have to actually get out of bed to open the door for them. Not a problem if you know but a bit irritating that first morning when you call out "come in" increasingly loudly and nothing happens!

You would actually want someone to come into your room while in bed? Wow. I wouldn't. We even lock our cabin door at night. The person who comes with your breakfast is not your room steward and so does not have a key-card to get in.

Well, if I was expecting breakfast at a certain time, if they knocked and if I said "come in", then, yes I would. Otherwise I have to get up and put my robe on or get dressed, which sort of negates the whole point of having it delivered.

However, I take your point about the key card. In my experience, room service delivery at hotels always comes straight into the room after knocking. Maybe I just tend to stay in suspect hotels...

A more helpful tip then: don't sit and let your tea brew for ten minutes before going to pour and then noticing that they haven't put the tea bag in the pot!

You would actually want someone to come into your room while in bed? Wow. I wouldn't. We even lock our cabin door at night. The person who comes with your breakfast is not your room steward and so does not have a key-card to get in.
Quite agree Ray66.

If ordered breakfast at 7am, I'd be up and have added a robe to my sleeping attire by 6.45 ready to open the door.

The thought of a complete stranger seeing me in bed as I wake... :eek:

I could then return to bed (if I so wished (wouldn't happen)). More likely I'd take coffee out onto the balcony and greet the day.

(In reality I'm up and on the Promenade Deck by about 6, best time of the day. Couple of circuits (walking not jogging), and then early coffee and fruit in the Kings Court, before a proper breakfast in the Britannia Restaurant. Perfect)

Best wishes :)

I would have thought everyone would lock their cabin door overnight.

David.

Oh dear! I've clearly been spoilt by my DH over the last 30+ years - I don't get out of bed before I've had my cup of tea.

TBH if I'm sailing with DH he goes up to the lido/KC to get it for me but if I'm sailing with my DS we order room service as he's worse than me in the mornings.

Oh dear! I've clearly been spoilt by my DH over the last 30+ years - I don't get out of bed before I've had my cup of tea.

TBH if I'm sailing with DH he goes up to the lido/KC to get it for me but if I'm sailing with my DS we order room service as he's worse than me in the mornings.

Wonderful :) My father still spoils my mother every day (and they're in their mid 80s).

A cup of tea in bed before rising, is quite different to full breakfast in bed, IMHO. I hope that routine continues for you for many, many years to come :)

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Wonderful :) My father still spoils my mother every day (and they're in their mid 80s).

A cup of tea in bed before rising, is quite different to full breakfast in bed, IMHO. I hope that routine continues for you for many, many years to come :)

Best wishes,

Thank you Pepper! :-)

I would have thought so too! Aren't there chain locks on all cabin doors now?
Hi Salacia,

Chains on the doors maybe something recent as I don't remember them, but then I've not been on board for a while... (:().

I do remember "double" turning the lock below the handle (but have no idea if that had any effect or not? I imagine a "pass key" would still allow access in an emergency?).

I'll have to check this in November... :)

Best wishes to you.

Edited by pepperrn

While we had a phone call when the room service was on it's way on our last cruise (different line), I have been led to believe that butlers on board Cunard do, indeed, have a key that enables them to come in and set up. (Even whilst you sleep.)

Is this not true?

TIA

Cheers!

No Eric, there is no charge for room service, no matter your dinning room. No, a tip is not needed. One may tip if you wish, You may specify a delivery time.

At nightly turndown, a hang-tag will be on your bed. It's a Room Service breakfast order if you so choose. Just check what you wish, check one of the delivery times listed. They will knock on your door, you must open it for them. On all three Queens I've always found them very much "on time." The offerings are not full breakfast, but close. Too you can write in something like Eggs Benedict, and sometimes get it, I personally feel that's lame, the in-cabin offerings are quite good enough. Order daily, you'll never get the same waiter delivering. Tipping is not required. A pound or two, however, is nice and it's pleasant if you see one another around ship and are recognized. Maybe one will serve you tea! No, staff doesn't rush to the kitchen and "tell" or post a notice cabin 9050 or whatever doesn't tip, that's ship myth

No charge for room service, we often have breakfast on port days and a snack when we get back from trips ( love the burger and apple pie) We usually go grills so our butler who also brings us tea in the morning knocks , says morning to us and sets it up. My hubby normally gets up to open the curtains or put a light on so he can see ,but I snuggle in bed. It's no difference from a hotel. Don't think we had room service in Brittaina