Singles cruise points w/out single supplement

connes1

Do you still get double cruise points as a single when you pay for a single. Example d1 $1800 for 2 and single $900. Or do you need to pay the $1800 to get double cruise points.

You are supposed to get an extra cruise point per night if you are a single in a stateroom than normally holds two or more, no matter the supplement.

Do you still get double cruise points as a single when you pay for a single. Example d1 $1800 for 2 and single $900. Or do you need to pay the $1800 to get double cruise points.

If you purchased a Single Studio Cabin which occupancy is only one passenger than you do NOT get double points.

Double points only apply to when you booked a double occupancy cabin as a single.

I also noticed that with the sale today they do not give you obc and your diamond balcony discount. Its one or the other. I did not know sales effected your c&a bcony discounts.

Each sale has it's own terms and conditions. The normal Tuesday sales allow the balcony discount and next cruise OBC, but the current Vow to Wow promo is different.

Edited by clarea

Each sale has it's own terms and conditions. The normal Tuesday sales allow the balcony discount and next cruise OBC, but the current Vow to Wow promo is different.

Bob,

Found out today that they do have a special pricing schedule for singles with 340+ sea days. It started with this BOGOHO. As you recall the 150% supplement was being calculated on the original BOGOHO sale price which drastically increased the cruise fare. The D+ desk can calculate the price for those that qualify.

Bob,

Found out today that they do have a special pricing schedule for singles with 340+ sea days. It started with this BOGOHO. As you recall the 150% supplement was being calculated on the original BOGOHO sale price which drastically increased the cruise fare. The D+ desk can calculate the price for those that qualify.

Thanks for the heads up Pete. See you in February, if we survive the cold.

You are supposed to get an extra cruise point per night if you are a single in a stateroom than normally holds two or more, no matter the supplement.

Hello,

This is interesting......can you tell me when this came into effect please?

If you purchased a Single Studio Cabin which occupancy is only one passenger than you do NOT get double points.

Double points only apply to when you booked a double occupancy cabin as a single.

The new SB cabins on Quantum are being re-classified as a new category SD.

This might be good news as while the SI and SB categories are the only exclusions from the extra solo point from C & A, the SD has not been referenced in the Terms and Conditions to not qualify.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130296

All other categories at a paid solo rate qualify for the extra point, with the exception of SI an SD.

Your statement got me looking back at my points. I noticed that I did Not get double points for my first cruise with RCCL which was a 16 night Transatlantic.

I guess at the time I assumed it was because it was my first cruise and I had no standing. Now I'm wondering... should I have gotten double points?

Your advice and opinions are welcome. I'll call if it looks like it may make a difference. Thanks in advance, Ann

Your statement got me looking back at my points. I noticed that I did Not get double points for my first cruise with RCCL which was a 16 night Transatlantic.

I guess at the time I assumed it was because it was my first cruise and I had no standing. Now I'm wondering... should I have gotten double points?

Your advice and opinions are welcome. I'll call if it looks like it may make a difference. Thanks in advance, Ann

My notes say that the extra point for singles started in Oct 2013. So if you booked your cruise after that date, then it should be eligible for the extra point.

Nevermind! :-) I see my answer. The TA was in April 2012. Mystery solved. Thanks to all, Ann

I hope your answer was extra points, because I did a Nov 2012 cruise and I received extra points.

To others, occasionally they screw up the extra points for solo's. Please call Crown and Anchor if you're not sure. I had an issue but it was cleared up quickly with a phone call.

I have received double points for every cruise on which I have sailed solo, regardless of the price I paid.

Now they DO *shaft* you on balcony discount & OBC now.

HIGHLY irritating. :(

How do they manage to do that? I thought that the discount and OBC was 'per stateroom" and not 'per person'.

How do they manage to do that? I thought that the discount and OBC was 'per stateroom" and not 'per person'.

Because they change the rules as they see fit. Now they prorate balcony discount and OBC for singles.

Oh, it's disgusting. I just cruised on the Allure. They reduced my balcony discount from 225 down to 169, and my 100 OBC down to 63. HIGHLY irritating!!!

And if their "argument" is that I am only paying 150%............well, they don't reduce those things for the people booking with the BOGOHO sale! :mad:

Edited by Merion_Mom

I have received double points for every cruise on which I have sailed solo, regardless of the price I paid.

Now they DO *shaft* you on balcony discount & OBC now.

HIGHLY irritating. :(

Is that double points for every cruise after October 2013 or do they include any cruises before this date?

Thanks.