Nationwide Travel Insurance

camper49

I filed a trip cancellation claim with Nationwide last year when my wife had a medical emergency a week before our cruise. The adjuster emailed me the necessary forms, I filled them out and had the doctor certify that she was unable to travel, returned the forms by email, and Nationwide mailed checks for the full amount within a few weeks. No issues or problems at all. I was very satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...

I called my Nationwide agent 7/21/16 and he said they didn't have travel insurance. I was excited about being able to get travel insurance from someone I knew and trusted so I was very disappointed.:(

Has anyone insured with Nationwide?

Nope,

Nationwide has somehow stayed in business for more than 50 years without any customers.

What would Bill Engvall say? :eek:

Just having fun OP :D

• 3 weeks later...
I called my Nationwide agent 7/21/16 and he said they didn't have travel insurance. I was excited about being able to get travel insurance from someone I knew and trusted so I was very disappointed.:(

You can also find them on http://www.insuremytrip.com We have used them in the past and are using them again for upcoming Alaska cruise.

Never any issues, but have not filed any claims. Had to make some changes and they handled that part very easily for me.

I am using them for my next world cruise. Their quote was about the same as a few other companies wanted for less medical coverage (the main reason I get travel insurance).

Glad to hear about your positive experience, quelah.

• 2 weeks later...

I just used them for an all inclusive trip. Just prior to our final trip payment being due, it became obvious that my husband would be in no condition to travel to the Dominican Republic. We opted to not make the final payment and filed a claim to get our deposit back. Ironically the detail they had issue with was us cancelling prior to final payment. I was able to convince them that it was in their interest also that I didn't make the $4000 final payment and then submit a claim for the entire amount. The ended up agreeing and we just received the checks.

They were almost to the point of annoying with their follow up. I submitted the paperwork, the next day they asked for some emergency room records and then the next day they sent an e-mail looking for those records. Once I got them the final information, I had checks within 10 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of background: We booked a pretrip and a cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen and insured the whole trip with Nationwide which I purchased though Insuremytrip.com.

I really thought that I had purchased the correct insurance.

Our initial flight was 1.5 hours late leaving our home airport, therefor causing us to miss the connecting flight in Atlanta. Delta could not get us to Stockholm for two days. We had to book a hotel room and purchase meals for two days.

But, we missed the first two days of our land trip.

I filed a claim and the hotel and meals are going to be reimbursed. The two days of the pretrip are not. Nationwide said that because we were NOT six hours delayed for the initial flight that they are denying our claim.

I will really think seriously about what I will insure and how I will insure my trips in the future.

• 2 months later...

:DWe used Nationwide Cruise Ins that we found by looking on Insuremytrip

On our recent Carnival Med cruise the port in Turkey was canceled Precruise

Nationwide is one of the Only Travel Ins companies that have Add on Cruise only benefits that include Change in Itinerary which for the middle plan pays a benefit of $750 per person

I mailed all the forms and paperwork in last Thursday and the Checks were mailed to us yesterday for $1,500 total 😃😃. Happy Happy and I'll Onlu Use Nationwide Cruise Ins on Every cruise I take

The Old saying "Nationwide Is On Your Side" couldn't be truer

• 1 month later...
Bit of background: We booked a pretrip and a cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen and insured the whole trip with Nationwide which I purchased though Insuremytrip.com.

I really thought that I had purchased the correct insurance.

Our initial flight was 1.5 hours late leaving our home airport, therefor causing us to miss the connecting flight in Atlanta. Delta could not get us to Stockholm for two days. We had to book a hotel room and purchase meals for two days.

But, we missed the first two days of our land trip.

I filed a claim and the hotel and meals are going to be reimbursed. The two days of the pretrip are not. Nationwide said that because we were NOT six hours delayed for the initial flight that they are denying our claim.

I will really think seriously about what I will insure and how I will insure my trips in the future.

Depending what the delay was caused by. (weather, crew, maintenance, traffic) the airline might be responsible for you two days..They do not cover weather or traffic.

Depending what the delay was caused by. (weather, crew, maintenance, traffic) the airline might be responsible for you two days..They do not cover weather or traffic.

It was weather related; a thunder storm in Atlanta. We sat on the tarmac for 1 hour before we were allowed to take off.