CC alum favor hypothetical over reality -why?

natalie82

Why is it that new cruisers questions about ships/services/general questions are either ridiculed by "full time" cruise critic posters or get no replies while hypothetical posts about guessing itineraries in 2020 or wish list loyalty levels generate multiple posts /discussions

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of cruise critic forums entirely

Why are "old time"cruisers so unwilling to be helpful and only want to show off how many sailings they've been on rather than give advice?

Is there a better place on cruise critic to post genuine questions about rci (after reading FAQs ) and receive genuine responses?

Is there a better place on cruise critic to post genuine questions about rci (after reading FAQs ) and receive genuine responses?

No, because if you post on Ask a Question or First Time Cruisers, many members will not answer the question there and tell you to post here.

Advice: it's not worth your high blood pressure to try and change things here. ;) Read the threads that interest you, contribute genuinely when you feel like it, and feel blessed that you/we can cruise at all. :)

Did you have a question? Cruise Critic is no different than any other forum. If you ask a question, you'll get all types of responses. You just need to ignore the less than helpful. There are plenty of people here who would be willing to answer questions from a newbie if they can.

Why is it that new cruisers questions about ships/services/general questions are either ridiculed by "full time" cruise critic posters or get no replies while hypothetical posts about guessing itineraries in 2020 or wish list loyalty levels generate multiple posts /discussions

Why are "old time"cruisers so unwilling to be helpful and only want to show off how many sailings they've been on rather than give advice?

I have plenty of issues with the way this place is run, but I've seen many many newbies get lots and lots of useful info, including myself when I was a newbie. Just tonight posted a dumb question about iced tea on a line's subforum whose members I regularly quarrel with, and I still had a factual answer within minutes.

Can you give us an example?

P.S., I don't care how many cruises anyone has been on, and I have signatures turned off so I don't even see it. I am far more interested in RECENT knowledge and experiences than in moaning about how much better things used to be. Someone who stepped off their first cruise last week has more info I'm more interested in than someone who did twenty cruises a decade ago.

Edited by perditax

I am confused. Your post made me look at the questions that you asked. All of them received direct, kind responses.

:confused::confused::confused:

You should also join the Roll Call for your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045349

Edited by Merion_Mom

As they say in courtrooms: "Asked and answered".

Your questions received some good answers, and many here do not feel the need to repeat answers, just to get post counts up. If you don't like the answers you got, why didn't you revisit the threads you started and ask for more clarifications, or state why you dislike the answers? I, personally, take clarea's (bob) advice as gospel regarding all things RCI.