Hyatt Place 17th Street $119...

EnterCruise

I just booked this for one night before my cruise in November. I know about the 2.00 Airport shuttle and the 7.00 Cruiseport pp fee, but can anyone who has stayed here tell me some tips for this hotel? Usually stay at the Courtyard Marriot but wanted a change of scenery and this hotel looked nice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked this for one night before my cruise in November. I know about the 2.00 Airport shuttle and the 7.00 Cruiseport pp fee, but can anyone who has stayed here tell me some tips for this hotel? Usually stay at the Courtyard Marriot but wanted a change of scenery and this hotel looked nice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

nice hotel & location there are several restaurant in the area plus Publix for supplies or CVS is a short walk away

they do a goo breakfast but can get very crowded

nice hotel & location there are several restaurant in the area plus Publix for supplies or CVS is a short walk away

they do a goo breakfast but can get very crowded

Don't forget Total Wine next to Pubix - GREAT place.

Also, very friendly and helpful staff. Last trip our taxi to the pier was a no show, so the airport shuttle driver took us instead (we paid the normal shuttle port fee), since the regular port shuttle has already left.

The price on www.valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place from May 1st to September 30th is $109/night (no need to reserve multiple nights) with blackout dates given as 6/9-6/10, 7/17-7/22, 7/27-7/30.

My question would be does Value Trips hide a fee in the taxes? That's what Hotwire does. The tax on $109.00 should be no more than $11.99 per day.

Can you get Hyatt points booking through a third party like Value Trips? Does the Value Trips rate include 2 drink vouchers? I know that's not much, but it's something extra.

Edited by EnterCruise

My question would be does Value Trips hide a fee in the taxes? That's what Hotwire does. The tax on $109.00 should be no more than $11.99 per day.

Can you get Hyatt points booking through a third party like Value Trips? Does the Value Trips rate include 2 drink vouchers? I know that's not much, but it's something extra.

Just stayed at Hyatt House, booked through Value trips , paid $120.99. No points and no free drink coupons.

I've tried two times to book Hyatt place using Value trips and got no response. I emailed twice and left a voice mail. What should I do? I'm looking fir a precruise hotel for early November. Starting to feel it's a rip off company.

Thanks for any advise. :)

I've tried two times to book Hyatt place using Value trips and got no response. I emailed twice and left a voice mail. What should I do? I'm looking fir a precruise hotel for early November. Starting to feel it's a rip off company.

Some folks have said that it can take up to 2 weeks for a response. If you are looking at early November did you see the black out dates of 10/31 -11/9? I figure that is because the first weekend (Friday through Monday) in November is the International Boat Show and hotels don't need to discount rooms; in fact most jack up the prices and still sell out.

I didn't get an answer within a few days so I called the hotel itself to see if I had a room booked. They had my reservation and they sent me a confirmation. I again went to the website for ValueTrips and put in the info and told them the hotel had my reservation and that I didn't get a confirmation from ValueTrips. I then got a confirmation the next day or so.

I have used ValueTrips for this hotel several times and haven't ever had a problem. I always call the hotel just to be sure even when I have the confirmation from ValueTrips. I don't think they are a rip-off company at all. My guess is that they are very busy handling requests because so many people are telling others about their services. I'm not saying that is a justification, but I have had good luck with them.

Yep, same here. they took a week or more, to confirm the res. Turns out I had to cancel, and they never responded. I had to jump through hoops getting Hyatt to cancel it. No more

First time I stayed at this hotel I booked directly. Next time, I used Valutrip because the rate was a lot less.

Next time sailing from there (this past January), I stayed at the HIE using points because the Hyatt Place was way more than I wanted to pay (not sure I checked Valutrip or not).

So, just booked a cruise for November. The AAA rate booking directly (where I'll earn points) is the same as Valutrip's, so there's no reason to use them and not get the points for my stay.

I really like the hotel, the employees, and the location. HIE was fine, but I like the Hyatt Place more. And I have the option to use a combination of points and cash for the room, which makes it very affordable, so I'll probably go that route.